Trip Report A tale of two Values-Split stay Pop and Aoa May 2018

We just got back early this morning from our trip after an unexpected delay so I took the day off from work. I need to unpack and grocery shop but I would rather sit on the couch and start my TR-so here we go.
Who: Myself (Erica/Mom), DH R, DD O (5), and DS Z (3)
Where: 2 nights at Pop Century and 4 nights at Art of Animation
When: May 7-13
Why: I bought my annual pass a a little over a year ago with the intention of traveling again this May. We booked this trip to be just shy of my AP expiration.
Details: I had my AP and everyone else had 5 day park hoppers that I bought from a discount 3rd party seller. I booked both rooms with room only discounts. We did not participate in the dining plan this time around even though we have in the past.

DisneyGigi

I wasn't happy with the changes to the salad either but I actually eat most of the salad at 'Ohana. For me, the meal is all about the salad, noodles, veggies, pot stickers, and shrimp. My husband is all about the meats, breads, and desserts. So together, we can complete a meal LOL.
Seems like they never went back to the original after the romaine scare. That was the first time it changed when we there last year. They even explained it then, as being due to the E. coli outbreak. I am there for the meats and the veggies. I still miss the lettuce wraps they used to have tho.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We just got back early this morning from our trip after an unexpected delay so I took the day off from work. I need to unpack and grocery shop but I would rather sit on the couch and start my TR-so here we go.
Who: Myself (Erica/Mom), DH R, DD O (5), and DS Z (3)
Where: 2 nights at Pop Century and 4 nights at Art of Animation
When: May 7-13
Why: I bought my annual pass a a little over a year ago with the intention of traveling again this May. We booked this trip to be just shy of my AP expiration.
Details: I had my AP and everyone else had 5 day park hoppers that I bought from a discount 3rd party seller. I booked both rooms with room only discounts. We did not participate in the dining plan this time around even though we have in the past.
All caught up, I'm in! 😀
What a lovely family!

ELeigh

Original Poster
I wasn't happy with the changes to the salad either but I actually eat most of the salad at 'Ohana. For me, the meal is all about the salad, noodles, veggies, pot stickers, and shrimp. My husband is all about the meats, breads, and desserts. So together, we can complete a meal LOL.
Sounds like a perfect match :) Out of the four of us only DH tried the salad and I don’t remember him liking it.
Seems like they never went back to the original after the romaine scare. That was the first time it changed when we there last year. They even explained it then, as being due to the E. coli outbreak. I am there for the meats and the veggies. I still miss the lettuce wraps they used to have tho.
We had the old salad last May so this was our first time since the change. I don’t care for darker greens so I wouldn’t even try it. Lettuce wraps sound good, that was before my Ohana days.
Will your kids eat the regular meal items at O'hana, or did they have an alternative?
They ate the regular meal this time around. Last year I ordered them the kids alternative (it was Mac and Cheese) but they ate more
All caught up, I'm in! 😀
What a lovely family!

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 1 Part 6 May 8:

After dinner I thought it would be nice to take the boat over to MK to catch a bus back to POP. We took a detour to explore the grounds of the Poly a bit. I felt bad after realizing how much of a walk it was (it seemed much shorter in January when it was cooler out).
11F1DC80-A3E1-456A-98FA-9693C52CA3C1.jpeg
666FFE6C-E250-4883-B7B2-4862C01B5FDF.jpeg

8CE77FB1-AF38-44B7-8F4B-D475A78858BF.jpeg
5B9ED4C2-E940-4167-BDC2-5BCAD4DBF4E1.jpeg

The kids enjoyed the boat ride and we had just a short wait for a bus although it was a pain that POP was one of the furthest bus stops.

When we returned to our room, we let the kids play with the toys they had brought and watch some disney jr cartoons while I started packing up the the room. It felt like we had just gotten there but it was already time to prepare to move to Art of Animation the next morning.

While we had a jam packed day, we still had energy for a little more fun. After the sun started to go down the kids and I headed out to explore the grounds at POP. They enjoyed the statues from the different decades.
2585BB56-A619-4A04-ACAA-060033F53013.jpeg
777C60A9-1151-4590-979A-64F3D9E1A2D2.jpeg
905DA80B-EC1F-4A0B-B4B9-E5B71BB726B1.jpeg
89EB3026-0938-4C89-9AE0-9F74D1380E40.jpeg
9EB34F90-C216-4A68-AB6C-398F33B5AD83.jpeg

Once we had made our way around the resort we went back to the room to pick up R then we all headed over to the hippy dippy pool.
82772CD8-19E9-4C92-8627-0231DC2D37A0.jpeg

We decided to just let the kids swim in the kiddie pool as we were too wiped out to keep up with them in the big pool. There are just a few inches of water but we sat on the edge with our feet in as the kids splashed around with a new friend. Staying up past bedtime to swim was a huge treat for them and a great way for us to unwind, it felt like the perfect ending to our first Disney day.
There was a screen set up at the main pool to play Mary Poppins and I was a bit worried the kids would want to stay and watch but they didn’t even seem to notice. Once we were back at the room they took quick baths and listened to a couple of Disney stories on TV before they were out for the night. I stayed up a bit longer to finish up packing and then called it a night as well. I had thought I would have time to read on this trip but I barely had time to jot down some notes for my trip report before I nodded off.

Last edited:

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 1 (May 8) Recap:
This was a great first day of our trip, we had a bit of a late start and didn’t get to a couple of things I had hoped to do (Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash and Country Bears) but we would be able to squeeze some of that in on another day.

Steps-14,328
Disney Snacks-3
Rides-5
Characters met-2

New experiences on Day 1:
Pop century: Our first time staying at Pop century was great I loved the storage space in the room and the murphy bed. We also loved the kiddie pool even if we didn’t get a chance to get into the actual Hippy Dippy pool.
Adventureland and Frontierland (new for the kids): The kids really enjoyed our time on a different side of the park. O loved BTMRR, Z was less sure about the treehouse.
Citrus Swirl: I wanted to give it a shot but with Dole whip in a few hundred feet away I don’t see myself ever getting it again. It was good but I am a pineapple lover so there was no way it could win for me.
Columbia Harbor House: The food was really good even if I ordered the kids fish instead of chicken by accident (no problem as I ate the fish and they had Mac and cheese anyways). I loved the decor and if we go again I do want to check out the upstairs next time.
Haunted Mansion (first for kids): Z thought it was “good” and O thought it was scary but loved the hitchhiking ghosts.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (first for R and Z): No comments from R but Z had only one thing to say “Never again”. He did love the Dwarfs in the mine and the cottage so it was still worth trying with him.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 1 May 9:

This morning was an early one and a busy one for me, it went a little like this:

5:00 alarm and wake up (and a fair amount of WDW magic scrolling of course)
5:15 Shower, packing, getting ready, packing
6:45 Picking up breakfast at the food court (decide against coffee)
CE787895-51E6-441C-B530-DBECDAFB880D.jpeg

7:15 Deliver breakfast and wake up kids and R
7:25 Return trip to food court for forgotten silverware and decided on coffee this time
7:45 Get kids dressed and finish last minute packing
8:05 call bell services to pick up luggage
8:15 everyone applies sunscreen while adults take turns doing a final sweep of the room
4B849D06-0F94-423C-A21D-E9A88DB44C27.jpeg

(O kindly offered to hold my coffee for me)
8:25 success:
E586E669-8DE3-4345-8F32-B9B1A3570FEB.jpeg

My plan to rope drop HS on our checkout day was a little more than ambitious but as we sat down on the bus I felt a huge sense of relief. As we exited the bus unwrapped gondolas were passing by overhead. We each picked out our favorite (Mine was Dwarfs and the kids liked Winnie the Pooh). I didn’t think to take pictures but later learned this was the day they first unwrapped them.

We breezed through security and made our way to the park entrance. There were crowds filtering in slowly but still 15 minutes or so until park opening. We were ready to go and Mickey turned green for R and myself but it took a minute to remember which finger O had used. Then Z did not turn green, and did not turn green and did not turn green. The CM offered to reset it so that both kids would be under my fingerprint and I agreed. This worked fine for O but still nothing for Z. We waited for another CM with a tablet who tried again and then again before informing us that we would need to see guest services. I was crushed-Almost 4 hours of preparation to make it for rope drop only to be foiled by technology.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Day 2 Part 1 May 9:

This morning was an early one and a busy one for me, it went a little like this:

5:00 alarm and wake up (and a fair amount of WDW magic scrolling of course)
5:15 Shower, packing, getting ready, packing
6:45 Picking up breakfast at the food court (decide against coffee)
View attachment 375272
7:15 Deliver breakfast and wake up kids and R
7:25 Return trip to food court for forgotten silverware and decided on coffee this time
7:45 Get kids dressed and finish last minute packing
8:05 call bell services to pick up luggage
8:15 everyone applies sunscreen while adults take turns doing a final sweep of the room
View attachment 375271
(O kindly offered to hold my coffee for me)
8:25 success:
View attachment 375273

My plan to rope drop HS on our checkout day was a little more than ambitious but as we sat down on the bus I felt a huge sense of relief. As we exited the bus unwrapped gondolas were passing by overhead. We each picked out our favorite (Mine was Dwarfs and the kids liked Winnie the Pooh). I didn’t think to take pictures but later learned this was the day they first unwrapped them.

We breezed through security and made our way to the park entrance. There were crowds filtering in slowly but still 15 minutes or so until park opening. We were ready to go and Mickey turned green for R and myself but it took a minute to remember which finger O had used. Then Z did not turn green, and did not turn green and did not turn green. The CM offered to reset it so that both kids would be under my fingerprint and I agreed. This worked fine for O but still nothing for Z. We waited for another CM with a tablet who tried again and then again before informing us that we would need to see guest services. I was crushed-Almost 4 hours of preparation to make it for rope drop only to be foiled by technology.
Oh no! I hope the visit to Guest Services didn't take too long and that any glitches were fixed 😐

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 part 2 May 9:

I tried to keep it together as we were directed to guest services. The kids were confused and getting a little upset.

The CM was polite but short with us as we explained the situation. She took Z’s magic band and began scanning it and typing some things into her computer. She eventually told us that he hadn’t been scanned in with the rest of us the day before and that was probably the problem. She suspected they thought he was under 3 and didn’t need a ticket which explains why we were ushered through at MK.

I tried to be polite as I asked what could be done as I clearly paid for a ticket for him and was just trying to do the right thing. She said she needed to call IT and I asked how long it would be-I was not too hopeful about our chances of still making rope drop as it was quickly approaching park open.

I checked MDE at 8:55 and wait times were already posting and rising so I assume they had already opened the attractions. I let the kids know that we may need to change plans and thanked them for being patient.

The CM inquired about our plans and then assured she would be able to help us make up for lost time. I wasn’t sure what she meant but as she worked with IT I checked MDE and realized we now had 4 fast passes, we originally had Slinky Dog Dash and she had added one for Toy Story Midway Mania. I tried to quickly show R and explain what it meant before the CM came back with Z’s now functional band. She scanned it to set it up with my fingerprint there so we wouldn’t be held up further. This time through the gate (and every time for the rest of the trip thank goodness) it was smooth sailing.

By 9:07 we were here:
DFF6AEC5-83DB-45DC-A1A6-626917CDCDD1.jpeg

Seeing TSL in person was amazing, all 4 of us kept pointing out the details big and small and I found that the joy of this experience was starting to wipe away the mornings frustrations.
F1F411CA-DFBB-4966-9C52-3F9A9F932463.jpeg
61ABF6F2-30A2-4191-8CD9-332820B0B898.jpeg
E501D986-FB6C-4C6D-8BAE-66C170F185DC.jpeg
83634B02-4FE4-4FDC-ADDE-1195D17D93B7.jpeg

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
All caught up!

Sorry I couldn’t help in your moment of coffee need on day one but the coffee pods were in a little flat drawer under the counter thing where the coffee machine was. I almost missed it myself.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Day 2 part 2 May 9:

I tried to keep it together as we were directed to guest services. The kids were confused and getting a little upset.

The CM was polite but short with us as we explained the situation. She took Z’s magic band and began scanning it and typing some things into her computer. She eventually told us that he hadn’t been scanned in with the rest of us the day before and that was probably the problem. She suspected they thought he was under 3 and didn’t need a ticket which explains why we were ushered through at MK.

I tried to be polite as I asked what could be done as I clearly paid for a ticket for him and was just trying to do the right thing. She said she needed to call IT and I asked how long it would be-I was not too hopeful about our chances of still making rope drop as it was quickly approaching park open.

I checked MDE at 8:55 and wait times were already posting and rising so I assume they had already opened the attractions. I let the kids know that we may need to change plans and thanked them for being patient.

The CM inquired about our plans and then assured she would be able to help us make up for lost time. I wasn’t sure what she meant but as she worked with IT I checked MDE and realized we now had 4 fast passes, we originally had Slinky Dog Dash and she had added one for Toy Story Midway Mania. I tried to quickly show R and explain what it meant before the CM came back with Z’s now functional band. She scanned it to set it up with my fingerprint there so we wouldn’t be held up further. This time through the gate (and every time for the rest of the trip thank goodness) it was smooth sailing.

By 9:07 we were here:
View attachment 375598
Seeing TSL in person was amazing, all 4 of us kept pointing out the details big and small and I found that the joy of this experience was starting to wipe away the mornings frustrations.
View attachment 375599View attachment 375600View attachment 375601View attachment 375602
Glad everything turned out better than expected. That last picture of you with Z is precious!
You both look so happy 😊

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 3 May 9:
74EC0DC2-B8D9-440D-A9A6-C396331923CC.png

Now that we had FP secured for both SDD and TSMM, the clear first choice was to ride Alien Swirling Saucers (can’t abbreviate that one). Z doesn’t seem to remember the Mater ride from Disneyland (he had just turned 2 when we went) but he loved it and since this is so similar I figured it would be a hit. He rode with me while O and R rode together. Z was giggling the whole time and said “Mama this is like the teacup ride! My favorite ride”. He is still talking about it to anyone who will listen and asking if they want to go to Disney World and ride the Alien Swirling Saucers with him.

While in line I had mentioned to R I was trying to find where Woody and Jessie we’re meeting. A nice young lady behind us (I suspect an off duty CM) was able to give me directions, so after our spin that was where we headed.

There were about ten families in line but we still had plenty of time to spare so we decided to wait it out. Even being in line here was immersive as the green army men marched by and started recruiting. Z was also amused by the giant tinker toys. He has a set at home and it is one of his favorite things to play with.
3BDBAF5D-97D1-483F-BC5A-0D6451CFAF1E.jpeg
EFBF8A59-29CB-40A1-9006-1F507C867BCA.jpeg

Woody and Jessie has to take a break but when they returned we were towards the front of the line.
F3990709-FBC8-44F8-A818-0130766A8B7B.jpeg

Z was a little star struck with this interaction. I was a bit put off by the behavior of two CM who seemed to be more interested in making jokes between themselves and the characters then managing the line. They even distracted Woody in the middle of one families turn and Jessie had to reel him in. Very strange experience.

We had only a short walk to our next stop, TSMM. We used our bonus FP without a hitch and enjoyed the ride. This was our first time riding in WDW but the one in Disneyland was the same.
2091A20E-450F-4CBC-9311-8138BE276F1C.jpeg
101A6284-45E6-4E9F-9284-DB5FE950653B.jpeg
AD6D38B8-7BC3-44F5-9456-C57345E4C05C.jpeg

I recruited O to my team and we attempted to beat the boys. We got stuck for several minutes when we were at the Dinosaur game but the game reset with 0 point value so at least we were able to practice while we waited.
51C842C8-FF72-49BC-BBA6-71335BFD7291.jpeg
D3E8542A-CF7A-447E-B4A3-07E615B8FFCF.jpeg
4F5BB3F6-8C75-428A-8442-8068688E2470.jpeg

R beat my score and Z beat O’s score so we were overall defeated.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 4 May 9:

After the girls team lost at TSMM, we took a Toy Story Land bathroom break and then headed to our second fast pass of the day.

We have watched Slinky Dog Dash videos on YouTube several times a week since the ride opened and both kids had been really excited to try it out. We just had a few minutes to wait until it was our turn and during that time Z started to say he didn’t want to ride. I managed to convince him to get on at the last minute. He did better with this than mine train but afterwards he said it was “not so good”. The rest of us enjoyed the ride and O has asked to make sure we can ride it at night next time we come.
6A864F17-3390-4C48-B17F-94C0B0C3D071.jpeg
B1950AF3-ED3E-4DB1-9486-B1B56EACA7A9.jpeg

(I promise one of these children likes the ride)

By 10:40 am-less than two hours from park open-we had conquered all of Toy Story Land and now it was time to move on to other parts of the park.

We had a FP starting for Star Tours but I thought we could squeeze in something else in beforehand so we tried to go meet Olaf which had a 5 minute wait time on MDE.

With the construction going on it was tough to get to and by the time we made it there the wait was more like 20 minutes and I decided it wasn’t worth our while and that it was getting to hot for myself and Z.

Z was not tall enough for Star Tours so we sent R and O to ride and we headed to the Launch Bay where I knew we could get a reprieve from the sun.

BB8 had a short wait so Z met him. He wasn’t really sure what to make of him but it passed just enough time for R to text that they were on their way so we waited to meet up with them.
2AD23855-5CB5-4691-AB7A-38820247D5FB.jpeg
31803845-592E-4D97-98A4-849C10AF0FC6.jpeg
4355EBC0-98B0-427A-BA59-9DDD8BE2BC39.jpeg

O reported that it was a “new” star tours even though she hasn’t been on it before which I took to mean the scenes were new to R. She said she thought Z will like it when he’s big enough.

Next we all got a chance to meet Chewbacca. This has been on our Disney bucket list for a while and we finally got a chance to check it off. The kids loved meeting Chewy and giving him hugs.
7ECE91E0-C143-425B-9BD0-9DF2B943E04A.jpeg
D4520D2F-2E9D-461C-AA89-DD4D8C35D344.jpeg

On our way back to our stroller we stoped to meet a couple more characters. Vamparina was much more my speed then Kylo Ren (just plain creepy).
8FA65BAA-0FF1-4DEF-9DDC-8B8FC56374DE.jpeg
7AEC82CC-3AA5-4626-B685-5EE9E8B1BD9C.jpeg

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 5 May 9:
For the next part of our plans we needed to split up again. I am pretty happy I got to do this:
E67BF56E-1BDD-4186-852D-C364E9AD4058.jpeg

Instead of this:
93E840A6-FCF7-4072-BB02-18CACA31B34D.jpeg

Z and I ended up hitting Lightning McQueen’s racing academy when it was 20 minutes out from the next show but after meeting Cruz Ramirez (and trying to open her doors and hood) Z wasn’t interested in the DJ dance party pre show and just wanted to sit outside the theatre and wait.
86D1DA92-5365-44F6-836B-7CC3EC87A3CC.jpeg
623A34EB-5AFE-4C29-BE81-7581C8E44518.jpeg
9DCB4A59-0077-4F73-A9C0-AFF1D147AB31.jpeg

O and R ended up being done before us so they went to browse some shops while we watched Lightning McQueen race. Z was a little sleepy but ended up loving the show.
408676CF-3E0E-443F-9319-6D627F36083C.jpeg
F331DAAA-98DC-4324-8E63-07C44C1EAF71.jpeg

We found O and R in a store near the park exit. O reported that Tower of Terror was good but she would rather watch other people go on it and get scared than ride herself.
7414220C-C614-48E5-879B-8E9839DD3E0D.jpeg

We were just on time to head out to our lunch ADR and we left the park and headed to boats instead of busses. A boat pulled out as we approached the dock so we had a bit of a wait for the next one. O and Z were fascinated with a turtle in the water and Z proclaimed “It’s a sea turtle-I know these things because I am excellent at math”. He then went on to say what a fun boat ride we were on-but we were still on the dock. O was quick to correct him but he didn’t believe us until the actual boat came.

Our ride around the Epcot area hotels was a welcome break from the walking we had been doing. R got his first glimpse at these resorts and we talked about which places we might like to stay in the future. We stayed on until the last stop and began to make our way into Epcot through the international gateway.

ELeigh

Original Poster
All caught up!

Sorry I couldn’t help in your moment of coffee need on day one but the coffee pods were in a little flat drawer under the counter thing where the coffee machine was. I almost missed it myself.
Thanks for the tip, now I know for next time (and I do believe next time will be at POP), Thanks for following along
Glad everything turned out better than expected. That last picture of you with Z is precious!
You both look so happy 😊
Thank you :) Toy Story Land was such a good experience for the kids and adults alike
Another quality CM saves the day!
You all look so happy! Love it!!!😎
Yes it was a huge relief after expecting the worst.
Sounds like you guys had a great trip. I absolutely loved the outfit your daughter wore on the plane 😀
Thank you! The outfit has now lasted through 2 Disney trips and I am going to be so bummed when she outgrows it.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 6 May 9:
We entered the world Showcase starving but happy to see that our destination was not too far.
E83EDB5B-9865-41F2-885C-A516BD011344.jpeg

I had given R the choice when planning lunch for this day ahead of the trip and he chose Spice Road Table. He has eaten Moroccan food in the real Morocco so his bar was set high.
F69FF3BC-E016-46B2-BFB4-01E168623EDA.jpeg

We were immediately greeted by a hostess who helped us park our stroller and we were able to check in for our ADR and be seated immediately. We had a nice booth tucked into the corner with a window overlooking the showcase lagoon.
65BD154D-5DDA-4ADF-B631-B00AEBE967DE.jpeg
EEAFA6ED-AAC5-4AF0-A6F6-A22CDB114C3A.jpeg

It took a bit for our server to come around but when he did he apologized and was beyond helpful.
4BE218DC-07F5-4147-B30C-ABF4DEBD7B8C.jpeg

I decided to try a non alcoholic watermelon juice cocktail and it was very refreshing and not too sweet.
9FBD79E3-595B-4AD2-9BF0-6F3652ABD6F8.jpeg
67F90EB8-CFDC-41BF-AD09-A3CB90683D0A.jpeg

We ordered the Calamari and the Garlic shrimp to start and we were also able to have the kids meal come out at the same time. Z enjoyed the “squiddies” as he calls them more than his chicken fingers and may have eaten most of them.
A8D664F8-D235-4B80-BCF0-E418F47825B9.jpeg

Our waiter was able to help R with his entree selection as he was between two things. He decided on the rack of lamb which came with zucchini and seasoned French fries . He said this was amazing and was really happy with the recommendation.
D128E330-361D-4F0D-A8D6-F0960F2B86A7.jpeg

I had been decided on the lamb sliders trio before we even sat down and they did not disappoint. They were super juicy for lamb and the tatziki sauce and olives were a nice compliment. My only complaint would be that the hummus fries and the burger both had the same spice blend and with both the main and the side both that same spicy flavor it was a little much. I much preferred the fries I stole from R’s plate as a side. Our waiter felt bad that he was stretched between outdoor and indoor tables so he ended up bringing us some mint iced tea to try. Mint helps my weak stomach so it was a nice way to calm things down after stuffing myself to the brim.
29B8868E-F7B3-4C1E-A30B-977935CB8ACD.jpeg

We left no room for dessert and I was anxious to head over to Aoa and see if our room was ready so we got our check. R was insistent on leaving the tip and I have no idea how much the total was for this meal but it definitely was a great meal and good experience overall.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 7 May 9:

So far, with the exception of the magicband hiccup, day 2 had been Disney perfection: lots of rides, plans working out, great weather and excellent food. The rest of the day was none of the above. I didn’t take many pictures so I will just quickly summarize:

We made it to Aoa and got our room ready text. R stayed behind and waited for luggage while I took the kids to the splash pad.

Afterwards, we all got ready to go out, I was exhausted and had a migraine from caffeine withdrawal. Then it started storming as we left the room.

I scrapped our plans and decided we could just grab a QS dinner at Disney Springs.

We got to DS but R and I couldn’t agree about when to eat, what to eat, and what else to do. We ended up back at Aoa and hour later than I wanted and without eating.

R (who didn’t want Burgers or Pizza at DS and “wasn’t hungry” 30 minutes prior) promptly asks for pizza and a burger from Landscape of Flavors because he is now starving :banghead::banghead::banghead:

He takes the kids back to the room and I decide just to get a whole pepperoni pizza (16$ from LOF) because it’s the cheapest way to feed the 4 of us and I don’t care if R wants a burger at this point.

Z is asleep when I get back and misses dinner, everyone else eats and gets right to bed.

ELeigh

Original Poster
Day 2 May 9 Recap:

Day two was a bit of a roller coaster of ups and downs. We had one of our best meals of the trip and the hands down worst (sorry but cafeteria pizza doesn’t do it for me). Overall riding Alien Swirling Saucers with the kids for the first time and hearing them burst into fits of giggles is what I want to remember the most from this day.
Steps-17,773

Disney Snacks-0 :cry:

Rides-5

Characters met-5
New experiences on Day 1:

Toy Story Land-I have seen many photos in trip reports of many of details in Toy Story Land but I was still not prepared for how truly neat it would be in person. The kids loved the idea of being shrunk down to toys and giggled each time a CM called them toys.
Star Tours and ToT: Two firsts for O now that she is just tall enough. She liked both but preferred Star Tours.

Spice Road Table: Such a good meal, it was a little on the pricier side but worth it for us. The atmosphere and food were all excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom