Trip Report A Sweet 16 Weekend! This trip is all about Maddy!

I can’t wait to share our next Disney adventure! This one will start early, as we need to leave for the airport by 2:15 am. Its also special, as Madelyn turns 16 this Sunday.

Both Maddy and Brayden are February babies, so we surprised them for a Disney trip way back in 2011. My have things changed since then.

We will be staying at Coronado for just the second time. We stayed there for Thanksgiving over 10 years ago.

Plan on heading straight to Epcot once we get to the resort tomorrow. We have lunch at Chefs de France for 1. This will be our second time there as well. The hours for the parks have increased since we booked this trip last year. We aren't sure if that's a good or bad thing; however, there really aren't many things that are bad in Disney, right?

Looking forward to sharing our long weekend in what is forecast to be a hot weekend in Florida!

93boomer

Premium Member
I can’t wait to share our next Disney adventure! This one will start early, as we need to leave for the airport by 2:15 am. Its also special, as Madelyn turns 16 this Sunday.

Both Maddy and Brayden are February babies, so we surprised them for a Disney trip way back in 2011. My have things changed since then.

We will be staying at Coronado for just the second time. We stayed there for Thanksgiving over 10 years ago.

Plan on heading straight to Epcot once we get to the resort tomorrow. We have lunch at Chefs de France for 1. This will be our second time there as well. The hours for the parks have increased since we booked this trip last year. We aren't sure if that's a good or bad thing; however, there really aren't many things that are bad in Disney, right?

Looking forward to sharing our long weekend in what is forecast to be a hot weekend in Florida!
I am so ashamed. I am very late!
But at least I found it!😊

PacNWTigger

giphy.gif

Sorry for the like overload, but I couldn't help myself!! Better late than never, right?

coachwnh

Original Poster
Hey coach, just curious if your family in the past used the dining plan? We always added the dining plan to our trips. With the current status of things at WDW and without the option to add the DP, I’m curious if you tracked money spent on food? Do you think you fared better, money wise, without the dining plan?
When have APs, so no dining plan. It stinks not having the TIW card, but we still get 10% off food. TIW discount included alcohol.

coachwnh

Original Poster
Looks like you all had a fantastic time! I'm sorry our paths didn't cross but looking at your report I think we were close by a lot. I see you are going in June we will be there in late June/early July so maybe then, it would be fun to share a beer!
Planning on July 28- to July 9 at Coronado. Maybe Universal for a few days before or after. Planning starts soon!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Just read through, I am very jealous you guys get to visit so much!

When were you getting to the parks and how early were they allowing you to get on rides?
Got to the parks at least 45 minutes before opening each day and they were already open. I would say they allowed people in even earlier than last July. And most rides were up and running as we entered.

LisaBelle

Happy I found your TR, but was sad I didn’t get to follow along live! Happy Belated Birthday to Madelyn. As always I enjoyed your pictures and commentary. I am always amazed at how much you accomplish on your trips! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to follow along on your June trip!

coachwnh

Original Poster
Happy I found your TR, but was sad I didn’t get to follow along live! Happy Belated Birthday to Madelyn. As always I enjoyed your pictures and commentary. I am always amazed at how much you accomplish on your trips! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to follow along on your June trip!
Thank you for checking in

tiggerlvr

So my best friend and I were also at Coronado (Wed-Mon) and we shared a few buses with you (did you get on at the tower stop?) and went to the same parks as you on Saturday and Sunday and saw you multiple times throughout the day. I kept telling her your family looked so familiar and now I know why. I read your trip report from the past a while back and semi recognized you from your pictures. I only wish I had been reading the boards while we were there and I would have said hi!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
View attachment 536582All good things must end. Memories will last forever! What a great weekend
@coachwnh -- Got here a little late, but enjoyed every minute. You guys absolutely CRUSHED it! What a great way to spend a 16th birthday (any birthday really). You guys did right by your little girl!

Also: Super impressed (and jealous) at the amount of beer sampling you got done on this trip. :)

coachwnh

Original Poster
@coachwnh -- Got here a little late, but enjoyed every minute. You guys absolutely CRUSHED it! What a great way to spend a 16th birthday (any birthday really). You guys did right by your little girl!

Also: Super impressed (and jealous) at the amount of beer sampling you got done on this trip. :)
Thanks for checking in. I almost feel guilty knowing I was stuck in that room on RotR and chose to rest rather than take pictures. When @fractal posted his message I really thought "I blew it." I guess I owe him a few more good beers to make up for my blunder, but I was pretty beat at that point.

coachwnh

Original Poster
So my best friend and I were also at Coronado (Wed-Mon) and we shared a few buses with you (did you get on at the tower stop?) and went to the same parks as you on Saturday and Sunday and saw you multiple times throughout the day. I kept telling her your family looked so familiar and now I know why. I read your trip report from the past a while back and semi recognized you from your pictures. I only wish I had been reading the boards while we were there and I would have said hi!
We did get on at the tower stop.

Hope you enjoyed the resort and had as much fun as we did this past weekend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom