Trip Report A Sweet 16 Weekend! This trip is all about Maddy!

I can’t wait to share our next Disney adventure! This one will start early, as we need to leave for the airport by 2:15 am. Its also special, as Madelyn turns 16 this Sunday.

Both Maddy and Brayden are February babies, so we surprised them for a Disney trip way back in 2011. My have things changed since then.

We will be staying at Coronado for just the second time. We stayed there for Thanksgiving over 10 years ago.

Plan on heading straight to Epcot once we get to the resort tomorrow. We have lunch at Chefs de France for 1. This will be our second time there as well. The hours for the parks have increased since we booked this trip last year. We aren't sure if that's a good or bad thing; however, there really aren't many things that are bad in Disney, right?

Looking forward to sharing our long weekend in what is forecast to be a hot weekend in Florida!

coachwnh

Original Poster
A few from the plane and the limo to the Contemporary in 2011
7A6C3ED0-89C4-4AE9-8E71-8C0EDA753A4B.jpeg
C57EDEC5-3551-449F-AE9B-EA08F843C485.jpeg
C42ED439-DE24-44FF-AAB0-8B54E4E4781A.jpeg
A07BAA47-DF61-4EE9-9094-1174834E0AC4.jpeg
FCDB5E20-F017-4513-9FDE-14BF6C03C23B.jpeg

coachwnh

Original Poster
For Brayden’s 16th, we went to Cleveland. I had never been there before that trip. We had a great time.

95F24D67-F04C-45AE-9294-CA62E395B4B8.jpeg
B02D4F5D-0509-435B-9BD6-4B31726105F9.jpeg
0DAAA139-1D80-4113-98F9-20F5583B2E32.jpeg
1C8DD2A6-3241-45D1-A287-C678940DB011.jpeg
A85CD876-F29E-4F98-9997-F9B53E3B53CF.jpeg
5206B6B0-4F9B-4967-AA80-140585D37087.jpeg
78EA72C6-BB54-4BF2-AC28-AD7F3B799510.jpeg
1AAD9F15-47A7-4AEC-BD5A-87DE2AFFD616.jpeg
F02D9834-7F3F-4CDC-A1E4-ECFE21FF4AAB.jpeg
F97D4197-0B93-4512-A848-5944D0C14AAA.jpeg

By the way, that was a typical pre-Covid Cavs crowd 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Worked out great for us!

I can’t wait to share with all of you, but I better get ready for tomorrow

Thanks for checking in and following along

donaldtoo

I can’t wait to share our next Disney adventure! This one will start early, as we need to leave for the airport by 2:15 am. Its also special, as Madelyn turns 16 this Sunday.

Both Maddy and Brayden are February babies, so we surprised them for a Disney trip way back in 2011. My have things changed since then.

We will be staying at Coronado for just the second time. We stayed there for Thanksgiving over 10 years ago.

Plan on heading straight to Epcot once we get to the resort tomorrow. We have lunch at Chefs de France for 1. This will be our second time there as well. The hours for the parks have increased since we booked this trip last year. We aren't sure if that's a good or bad thing; however, there really aren't many things that are bad in Disney, right?

Looking forward to sharing our long weekend in what is forecast to be a hot weekend in Florida!

Just AWESOME...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

I’ve posted about this around here before...
We took our oldest DD (and our other 2 kiddos ;)) to WDW for her Sweet 16 in July of 2007, and we stayed in a family suite at ASMusic. After we were settled in the room, I went down to the main lobby to the concierge desk. I was greeted by and attended to by a wonderful CM named Ashley. I asked if they could leave a few things in our room for her when we came back to take an afternoon break on oldest DD’s special day a few days later, and just put it on our bill. She said don’t worry about that now, we’ll take care if it.
The morning of her Sweet 16 we were at the head of the group at the east tunnel by the train station at MK waiting for rope drop after the welcome show. An elderly CM noticed oldest DD’s birthday button and some extra birthday bling she had on...!!!!! :hilarious: He then proceeded to lead the whole 200-ish Guests behind us in singing happy birthday to her, and It was just awesome...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Then, when we got back to our room for our afternoon break, we were completely stunned...
There were balloons, a card from Cinderella, some key chains, a t-shirt, a Minnie Mouse plush, half a dozen red roses, and I may be forgetting somethin’ else...!!!!! :hilarious: Not only that, we were told it was all “on the house”... :eek:o_O:cyclops:
She wore her birthday button the whole trip, and received so many CM and even Guest well-wishes, and it was just a Magical trip, all the way around...!!!!! :happy:
I’m not sure how that might all go these days, but, it’s worth a shot...!!! :)

Hope y’all have an awesome trip full of Magical memories...!!! :)

coachwnh

Original Poster
Just AWESOME...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

I’ve posted about this around here before...
We took our oldest DD (and our other 2 kiddos ;)) to WDW for her Sweet 16 in July of 2007, and we stayed in a family suite at ASMusic. After we were settled in the room, I went down to the main lobby to the concierge desk. I was greeted by and attended to by a wonderful CM named Ashley. I asked if they could leave a few things in our room for her when we came back to take an afternoon break on oldest DD’s special day a few days later, and just put it on our bill. She said don’t worry about that now, we’ll take care if it.
The morning of her Sweet 16 we were at the head of the group at the east tunnel by the train station at MK waiting for rope drop after the welcome show. An elderly CM noticed oldest DD’s birthday button and some extra birthday bling she had on...!!!!! :hilarious: He then proceeded to lead the whole 200-ish Guests behind us in singing happy birthday to her, and It was just awesome...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Then, when we got back to our room for our afternoon break, we were completely stunned...
There were balloons, a card from Cinderella, some key chains, a t-shirt, a Minnie Mouse plush, half a dozen red roses, and I may be forgetting somethin’ else...!!!!! :hilarious: Not only that, we were told it was all “on the house”... :eek:o_O:cyclops:
She wore her birthday button the whole trip, and received so many CM and even Guest well-wishes, and it was just a Magical trip, all the way around...!!!!! :happy:
I’m not sure how that might all go these days, but, it’s worth a shot...!!! :)

Hope y’all have an awesome trip full of Magical memories...!!! :)
Very cool story. Disney always does a great job with special surprises

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom