A Spirited Valentine ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Great, I just turned 26... so I've only got one good year left?! Crap.

It is different for everyone. But, for me, 27 was when I truly felt like an adult. ... I do realize that due to the economy and changing demos that many 20 and 30-something are sorta 'children' long after they should be -- especially those in Orlando!

27 was tougher on me than 30 and 35 ... and, with one exception, 40. But, again, it all depends on the individual and what is going on in your life at the time.

WDW1974

Original Poster
We are following through on the one I told you we really want to do out west. And then some.

Really? This year?

And we need to catch up ... life's been crazy ... shoot me an email when you get a chance. I have been wondering how you've been!

Princess Leia

Double clarification: You probably meant that you thought it was Prince John, who can be a M&G character. And yes, it was weird that they teamed up Leonidas with the Robin Hood crew.

Leonidas on top, Prince John below...

View attachment 199474
Nope, definitely thought it was Richard lol. I remember meeting Prince John when he was walking around Magic Kingdom (oh the days when the characters were allowed to walk).

Disney Analyst

It is different for everyone. But, for me, 27 was when I truly felt like an adult. ... I do realize that due to the economy and changing demos that many 20 and 30-something are sorta 'children' long after they should be -- especially those in Orlando!

27 was tougher on me than 30 and 35 ... and, with one exception, 40. But, again, it all depends on the individual and what is going on in your life at the time.

Well, I am in a management position at work, so I already feel old as heck.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I can see that about MouseSteps. That doesn't at all surprise me. I just included them because I don't see them in there every day but yeah, I was sort of hesitant to include them.

Agreed about Tom. I enjoy his site immensely. He's fair. And entertaining. And it's more than just covering the latest cupcake or parking garage opening.

The thing I like about Tom is he basically takes nothing from Disney. I have seen him do DVD reviews and such, so I think Disney put him on that list for freebies. The only thing I do see is he often will get a free night at a WDW area off-site or Hotel Plaza hotel to review. I still find his reviews very fair. (although I will criticize him in that I think to truly judge say ... the B Hotel at WDW that you need to stay 3-4 nights just like you'd do at Port Orleans or the Poly Village).

Daveeeeed

I would place DCL squarely in the middle of all cruise lines for food overall. I've been on 20 cruises (seven on DCL). Remy is the absolute finest food I've had at sea. But that is a very unique and pricey upcharge experience. Palo, especially brunch, is superb. But main dining rooms? Average. Food is much better on Princess, slightly better on NCL for a few examples.

Castaway Cay is wonderful, but gets very overrated by DCL addicts. It is a nice, relaxing diversion. But some people feel it is reason enough to book a cruise with Disney and I don't get that.

They do have it nailed, but so do most others. It is more of an industry norm.

Yes. That is the Disney Difference.
I've heard that Princess has the best food overall at sea for a big ship, and I definitely see that as being true seeing how Disney's meats are nothing special aboard DCL. I guess it's pros and cons though, Disney definitely has prettier ships sailing though.
I agree about Castaway Cay, it is definitely not a reason to book it alone, but it is indeed wonderful.
The Disney difference it is.

Nj4mwc

Duffy actually debuted at WDW in 2002 as part of one of the reinvention's of DD. It was tied to the opening of Once Upon a Toy, which has been totally ruined and turned into one part Star Wars, one part Marvel, a little Disney and a Jon Benet Boutique. Duffy was known as "The Disney Bear" and no one bought any.

Disney brought him back a few years later (think it was 2005 or 2006) at TDS and gave him a convoluted backstory about how Minnie gave him to Mickey for when he went off to sea and through their love, he came to life and became 'Mickey's companion' and, yeah, it is vomit-inducing. And all the Tokyo office girls went nuts and DuffyMania was born (sadly). Disney has since tried to make Duffy a big deal in the USA, Paris and HK and basically the only place that has embraced him at all is HK. They are using him a lot at SDL now as well.
My 6 yr old loves everything Mickey but when we are in the parks it's Duffy merchandise that he runs to and is always upset that there is no meet and greet with Duffy, I have also read that Duffy backstory book many many many times

Nj4mwc

Multiple options are on the table. You should expect more upcharge dining locales (I will be shocked if you don't have at least 4-5 on each new ship). And absolutely new menus ... freestyle with a caveat is also on the table ...
More up charge dining will make me book with the other cruise lines. They are pricey enough with out adding more ipcharge anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom