A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

I was at 2 different murder/shootings before 6:30am. And an "It's Raining Men" at UCF (guy fell from 3rd floor balcony) story.

And it's National Ice Cream Day! Whoot! I got a dipped cone and a few MOS's at Geoff's on S.OBT.

Another Sun. morning in Otown.

Is it bad that I started digging through my archive to try and find a photo of the UCF kid that got shot?

michmousefan

Didn't Figment do a solo meet and greet outside and inside the Imagination Pavilion at one point when the third version came out in 2004?
6a012876c6c7fb970c01a73de37319970d-320wi
That large pink area looks like it should be an udder. Horrifying. Hey kids, who wants purple milk?

michmousefan

I was there in 2011... it was night and day. They expanded both the smaller and arena presentations in 2013. They have expanded the arena presentation area again in 2015.
I wasn't there in 2011 but did go in 2013 and we got in line for the animation and live action arena presentations about 7 am for a 10am event each day. Got good seats both times, and that was for a 4,000-seat arena. For 2015 they are creating a temporary 7,500-seat "hall" for the big presentations, so I'm feeling optimistic. In addition they created a "stage pass" system, kinda like fastpass, for some of the smaller panels; I believe you could get one or two of those per day to reduce wait times.

Biggest hassle will probably be the Parks presentation, which takes place on Saturday afternoon. Probably a couple hours in line for that one just to make sure we get in. I'm skipping the Legends presentation on Friday. It would be cool to see Lucas but I'm not *that* compelled to see him. Forgive me, but adding Susan Lucci to the bill doesn't sweeten the pot, either.

BrerJon

I wasn't there in 2011 but did go in 2013 and we got in line for the animation and live action arena presentations about 7 am for a 10am event each day. Got good seats both times, and that was for a 4,000-seat arena. For 2015 they are creating a temporary 7,500-seat "hall" for the big presentations, so I'm feeling optimistic. In addition they created a "stage pass" system, kinda like fastpass, for some of the smaller panels; I believe you could get one or two of those per day to reduce wait times.

Wow it really sounds like they improved it. I waited 5 hours for Parks & Resorts in 2011 (to say I was annoyed that grinning Tom didn't announce anything other than Aulani was an understatement!) and only just squeeked in, and had two non-arena panels I got there two hours early for but still couldn't get into.

It really was a big disappointment, which is why I haven't been back, so that's great news if things are better now. Hopefully they fired the organisers of 2011 and got some people with actual organisational skils in.

It's not like it was the first time the Walt Disney company has had to deal with managing crowds and long lines, but you would have thought it was!

PhotoDave219

Crowds, crowds, crowds......

So last year, at MK July-September, there was a Grand Total of 13 Peak Crowd level days.

Same Quarter at MK this year (19 days in)..... 12.

MK CMs, I'm so sorry.

For reference, there were 14 from Jan-March of this year. Summer is being rather relentless.

.... This keeps up through end of the summer? MK is going to blow right past 20M in the TEA estimates.

Last edited:

bhg469

Crowds, crowds, crowds......

So last year, at MK July-September, there was a Grand Total of 13 Peak Crowd level days.

Same Quarter at MK this year (19 days in)..... 12.

MK CMs, I'm so sorry.

For reference, there were 14 from Jan-March of this year. Summer is being rather relentless.

.... This keeps up through end of the summer? MK is going to blow right past 20M in the TEA estimates.
Wow! Maybe that Adventureland expansion is needed before anything else...

Cesar R M

Those that like the Marvel Movies Ant-Man was very good. Exceeded my expectations. It was a great orgin story.
I just returned from seeing it. IT was awesome. The most lighthearted and funnier Marvel movie yet.
Id say its a combination of Guardians of the Galaxy comedy style with Iron man.

Not to mention the introduction of a few ideas for next movies.
Specially loved the reveal in the after-credits scene.

The only bad?
I REALLY HATE THAT DUMB "I'm a badass CEO WOMAN" haircut.
We seen it in Jurassic World, now on Ant Man.

Also..
Marvel really loves to portray the bad guys as BALD business men.

I mean, Iron Man's excellent Jeff Bridgeas as Obadiah Stane.. then another bald one on the third movie in the fake Mandarin.
We see a Balding CEO again with YellowJacket.
And pretty sure we seen some lesser villain commanders that are bald(in other marvel movies, like in the new avengers).

*edit*
also loved the Wasp references.

Last edited:

gmajew

Premium Member
I just returned from seeing it. IT was awesome. The most lighthearted and funnier Marvel movie yet.
Id say its a combination of Guardians of the Galaxy comedy style with Iron man.

Not to mention the introduction of a few ideas for next movies.
Specially loved the reveal in the after-credits scene.

The only bad?
I REALLY HATE THAT DUMB "I'm a badass CEO WOMAN" haircut.
We seen it in Jurassic World, now on Ant Man.

Also..
Marvel really loves to portray the bad guys as BALD business men.

I mean, Iron Man's excellent Jeff Bridgeas as Obadiah Stane.. then another bald one on the third movie in the fake Mandarin.
We see a Balding CEO again with YellowJacket.
And pretty sure we seen some lesser villain commanders that are bald.

I agree completely. And in my theater almost everyone me left after the first end scene credit.

Movie was well worth it! Love the spoiler stuff to. Right on.

Cesar R M

For every person who regrets moving to Florida there are plenty who are pleased they did. Weather is personal preference - some people like year round heat and don't find Florida bothers them, others struggle and like a bit of cold. But once you factor out weather, it has to come down to work, people and amenities - decisions to be weighed up wherever you move to.
considering how big florida is, and how variable the places seem.
(like I know people who hate Orlando but love Tampa).
Id say that theres areas for every taste (except those who loathe the heat)

Lots of news to be had in Florida. Never a dull moment. So many calls that ended with me asking "Are you serious" ...

Also lots of media outlets not wanting to pay jack either.... Further consolidation and crowdsourcing of content just adds to the issue. Adds to the economic woes and part of why I left town.
I am surprise why noone has detained this "Florida Man".
Because "Florida Man" seems to have done every single illegal thing on the book. :hilarious:

bcoachable

Many times the reason I don't go into a lot of detail when "spilling the beans" is because those details have not yet been decided and firmed up. The many reason is usually to avoid being caught or getting others in trouble. In this case I can say TSI is up in the air as of now. There is a plan to get rid of it and a plan to "upgrade" it.

Just catching up, as I am just getting back from our recent trip, so sorry this is being pulled back from pages ago, but I wanted to add to Whylightbulbs post by saying we rode back from TSI Friday with a "shirt and a badge" who had been hanging out on the island with a notebook in hand. just saying...

TeriofTerror

Quick question about MCO airport on Monday mornings ? Flight is at 11:25 a we have a rental car to return and 2 handicapped people.

This weekend went way too fast.
Better to be sitting around the airport a bit than to be stressed about missing your flight, Imho. Rental car returns have always been quick and easy for me at MCO, but security can be a toss-up. You never know what may be ahead of you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom