A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

LOL. Was just coming in here to gush about Tokyo's updated electrical parade while WDW remains stuck with a 40 year old parade that's falling apart. At least we will have other things to look forward to, whenever they get announced.
This is why very eager to hear any hints or annoucments for something new for WDW for a future D23 event. Especially since WDW is the most visited park in the world!

brb1006

hopefully the rumored 300 mil for MK will also have something for a parade.
I hope it won't be like Paint The Night which is has alot of Pixar characters. Dreamlights does have Pixar characters, but also focuses more on classic Disney films which explains why The Bugs Life unit got removed years ago. I love the floats for Monsters Inc and Findind Nemo, and the finale.

brb1006

Just seen the full video of the parade.. The chip and dale, Mickey train, the Jose Carioca/Pancho Pistolas and Lilo and Stitch floats were amazing!

but I have to agree, the main floats move in every way! then you get some very static floats. Feels out of place.

Still, an universe apart compared to the derelict of the current WDW's night parade.
I still love the effects for the finale which reminds me of Spectromagic where the lights changed to white. While Dream lights has all the characters holding ribbons making the entire finale fad to black and sparkling lights brifley and foes back to normal. Paint The Night is slowly starting to reach this quality though.

Nmoody1

I really love the Christmas edition to Dreamlights. The only electrical parade that also did that was the MSEP in Paris before getting replaced by Fantillusion.

In 2001 walt disney world did run the main street electrical parade with jingle bells over the music. Quite possibly the biggest upgrade to the parade there has been in the past 20 years... of course, it didn't last! Heaven forbid anything too seasonal runs!

alphac2005

That is most definitely the case, only a schmuck who thinks eating at Panda Express qualifies them to be an expert on China would believe otherwise.

Speaking of China on this lovely summer Saturday night, expect lots of answers/details about Shanghai Disney to be released on Wednesday morning (our time).

If it doesn't happen, then realize it's because of the Chinese and Bob Iger's lack of control of the project/resort.

Panda Express and Panda Inn... Authentic Chinese food... Brilliant that the chain was created and owned by a Taiwanese immigrant. I've always loved that. More power to the family, but I find it to be hilarious just like you do that Panda honestly makes people think that picking up some chopsticks and Pepsi makes them experts on the mainland. ;)

mahnamahna101

Whoa. Expansion, as in, nothing will be closing. Something completely new in an unused plot of land?
The plot behind Big Thunder/RoA is usable if you rework backstage and build some kind of a drawbridge for RoA.

It's big enough for a D/E-ticket and possibly a B-ticket (flat ride or walkthrough) if they wanted to.

Whatever they add, I hope it's a people-eater (2,500-3,000/hr) that everyone can do. Frontierland really needs some sort of all-ages dark ride. If the addition is the ToT-esque Geyser Mountain, I won't complain though :)

mahnamahna101

Home on the Range themed restroom?:cautious:
I got it!

TSMM clone themed to Woody's Roundup - $90 million
Lone Ranger bathrooms - $60 million
Tonto Streetmosphere - $50 million
Big Thunder revamp - $50 million
Splash revamp - $50 million
Country Bears update - $50 million

All-Murican expansion right there ;)

Whylightbulb is pretty trust-worthy... he was spot-on about Gringotts getting some show elements cut. I don't think he would say it was about to be approved unless he was telling the truth.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Numbers, though, do not prove quality of anything. From the Transformers and Fast and Furious films to Walmart or McDonald's ... DM was a wonderful movie. Just all around fun with heart. The second film was less than. Considerably so. I'm going to see Minions, but I hope it's more of the first and less of the second.

I fell a sleep for awhile... Maybe it should have been a 47 min TV special

jt04

"Passport to Dreams" has an excellent recent essay about how splash came to be and many reasons why it should be considered for reimagining. Would love to see that be part of the budget. And also relocating the train station as part of this is also on my wish list.

That is all I have on this great news.

Exiting thread.

Funmeister

Numbers, though, do not prove quality of anything. From the Transformers and Fast and Furious films to Walmart or McDonald's ... DM was a wonderful movie. Just all around fun with heart. The second film was less than. Considerably so. I'm going to see Minions, but I hope it's more of the first and less of the second.

I agree. Home on the Range under the Walt Disney Animation comes to mind.

Goofyernmost

I agree on the fireworks, actually, but come on, that parade screams 1970s. I'm not sure Gen Y parents recognize Elliot, forget about their kids. Obviously every iconic character from the past 30 years is excluded, which is even more glaring when you realize the last iconic characters before Ariel and Belle were at least 20 years earlier. And the corny bicentennial final float with its synth Stars & Stripes Forever couldn't be any more "1976" if it featured the Bee Gees in full Studio 54 regalia.

Casual guests may miss small details, but not going to miss the mothball scent coming off that parade.
I would normally agree, because what you pointed out is true, however, since Snow White is still in the parade along with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, all of which go back further then 1976, it is hard to just find one thing that is dated. I don't think for example that the Stars and Stripes and the tribute to the flag has an expiration date, at least I hope not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom