A Spirited Perfect Ten

AEfx

Nobody suspects The Spanish Inquisition!

Nope, but if this board is going to move past "I heard this attraction is going to be coming to X park" or "Brace yourself, logos are coming off of paper napkins" and escalate into serious accusations about very important business matters involving huge sums of money, and direct accusations by name of a reporter of quid pro quo - no matter how "common" that is, it's far different and could very well fall into slander.

One should be relieved we are asking these questions, because if these accusations keep mounting, it won't be long before the lawyers are, since everyone seems to agree we have Disney's attention.

PhotoDave219

Nope, but if this board is going to move past "I heard this attraction is going to be coming to X park" or "Brace yourself, logos are coming off of paper napkins" and escalate into serious accusations about very important business matters involving huge sums of money, and direct accusations by name of a reporter of quid pro quo - no matter how "common" that is, it's far different and could very well fall into slander.

One should be relieved we are asking these questions, because if these accusations keep mounting, it won't be long before the lawyers are, since everyone seems to agree we have Disney's attention.

Hey I'm taking a 5 and a deep breath for many reasons, mostly in an attempt to keep there from being any hard feelings....

.... Plus hockey, post steak coma and dat Oakland bootie...

DDLand

Concept art from the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-shanghai-hotels-20150610-story.html
image.jpg

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Interestingly enough, it would put Disney in a difficult position to pursue someone legally regarding some of the "potentially" slanderous statements. I am sure someone would like to depose the folks involved in a cause of action. Discovery works both ways...

*1023*

AEfx

It's amazing how much the $800 million keeps getting brought up as this huge issue, but Spirit has repeatedly denied that it is tied to graft or anything illicit.

I believe his allegation is that it was "misappropriated" - as in, not used for what it was earmarked - the "bribe" stuff is simply speculation on people building on the already spotty information.

PhotoDave219

Interestingly enough, it would put Disney in a difficult position to pursue someone legally regarding some of the "potentially" slanderous statements. I am sure someone would like to depose the folks involved in a cause of action. Discovery works both ways...

*1023*

Disney didn't even touch the "escape from tomorrow" crowd. They won't pay any attention (publically) to what is said on a message board. Behind the scenes? That's a different matter.

I gotta say, Zenia is a hell of a PR person. Knows how to play the game. Excels at it.

AEfx

*1023*

Very true, but since allegations keep being added to the list - who knows what one could be focused on or what's going to come next.

If they escalate much more, I'm waiting to hear about him being caught with a dead girl...or a live boy.

PhotoDave219

I believe his allegation is that it was "misappropriated" - as in, not used for what it was earmarked - the "bribe" stuff is simply speculation on people building on the already spotty information.

Yes, bribe/graft is pure speculation. A Chinese official connected to the project arrested for taking bribes is what is fueling that speculation.

No one has any idea what happened to that $800M and everyone would like to know exactly what it was spent on.

AEfx

Yes, bribe/graft is pure speculation. A Chinese official connected to the project arrested for taking bribes is what is fueling that speculation.

No one has any idea what happened to that $800M and everyone would like to know exactly what it was spent on.

OK, I'll take the dive on that one...a Chinese official being arrested for taking bribes?

The only word in that sentence that is shocking is "arrested".

PhotoDave219

OK, I'll take the dive on that one...a Chinese official being arrested for taking bribes?

The only word in that sentence that is shocking is "arrested".

It would literally take an hour to find the link that came from an English-language Chinese newspaper wherein a Chinese official That is somehow connected to the project was indeed arrested for taking bribes.

It is not clear whether those bribes are connected at all to the Shanghai/Disney project. I personally don't think the charges he was arrested on connect to Disney at all, something completely different if I recall.

But it's just weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom