A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

So it's logical that the 'Street would love Iger, The numbers driven business culture is also why job creation is lagging in the US because of the extremely risk averse culture which has arisen FROM that mindset, But this is FAR OT.
this is actually pretty ironic.
Because they seem to be "risk averse" in investing in tangible things. Yet they love to make big risks in Wall street bonanzas or bank financial type risks.

Nmoody1

this whole Tom and Jay fighting off to replace the weatherman... someone get a photo up of jay dressed as a rain cloud and tom dressed as a snow cloud fighting it out whilst the weatherman sits in a bond villain chair!

RSoxNo1

Is it just me, or should the CEO of the Walt Disney Company have better posture and be wearing a suit and tie for public interviews? I'm sorry maybe I'm old fashioned, but when you're the face of a multi-billion dollar company, you should sit up straight and you should look more presentable than jeans and no tie.

Heck even Eisner in @Mike S 's meme above is wearing a suit and tie...
Walt didn't like neckties, I'm ok with it.

Cesar R M

speaking of future stuff..
I just seen the new design for the hero in MOANA.

not amused, looks like a FROZEN clone?
Disney-Talent-Search-Moana.jpg

TeddyinMO

That image of Moana is from a website called Project-casting.com. It is not a Disney affiliated website. Best I can tell, that's the only place it's appeared. That doesn't mean it is or is not legitimate. But a quick google search will show you numerous other versions of Moana from other seemingly official sites that aren't Disney either. SO far, the only official Disney art I've seen is scenery, not characters. Again, just giving the background I could find with a quick search. I don't have inside info on the project.

RayTheFirefly

That image of Moana is from a website called Project-casting.com. It is not a Disney affiliated website. Best I can tell, that's the only place it's appeared. That doesn't mean it is or is not legitimate. But a quick google search will show you numerous other versions of Moana from other seemingly official sites that aren't Disney either. SO far, the only official Disney art I've seen is scenery, not characters. Again, just giving the background I could find with a quick search. I don't have inside info on the project.
I hope it's just fan art. If they make another female character that looks exactly the same with the exact same body type and facial structure... :banghead:

Mike S

You do see them in this art but their backs are turned.
image.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, I just stumbled on it on accident too. Currently, about 25 minutes ago the "Spirit" is being ripped on twitter as possibly being the author and linked the article.
The thought crossed my mind too. The author definitely had some help from someone in the know.

spacemt354

Chili's
Walt didn't like neckties, I'm ok with it.
It's about looking presentable.

And regardless of whether Walt liked neckties or not, he was often seen in one (or at least more presentable than Mr. Iger). Especially on television or in public. A simple image search of Walt Disney and a majority of the pictures are all nicely dress in a suit, just how a company leader should be.

Rodan75

That's just a great comparison. ... I just wonder why people view Iger so positively, even Wall Street types. What chances has he taken? What bold risks?

Buying Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm were decisions that required very little thought or deliberation (one could argue with all the messy contract deals, that Marvel should have required more).

What showed vision? What showed ingenuity? Where have the bold moves been?

Spending two billion plus on NGE? Billions in stock buybacks? Bringing Rosie back to The View?

Where are the great moves that a fanboi living in Mom's basement in New Jersey couldn't have thought of?

I should be shocked that folks are taking that article as a piece of journalism and not an OpEd by someone who has a vested interest in campaigning for the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom