A Spirited Perfect Ten

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
They do? We've been turned away due to height before and they never told us this.

We were too when my son was young and didn't meet the height requirement, we did meet an extremely helpful CM that informed us that once a day they operate one of the simulators with the motion disabled. He didn't know the difference and had a great time riding it, even understood that it was only once and wouldn't be able to do it until our next visit.

Frankie The Beer

Something interesting that I saw today...

After a flurry of recent articles in the media that read like PR puff pieces, the Motley Fool had one today that was refreshingly honest.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...s-magic.aspx?source=isesitlnk0000001&mrr=0.50

What I found most intriguing was that Rich Greenfield was the analyst who downgraded the Disney stock this week, from buy to neutral. According to what I've been told, Mr. Greenfield is no stranger to Viacom and the Redstone family.

I wonder if he's read a certain article about Disney and China, and sees that situation as one of the "headwinds" the company will be facing.

No chance Dis stock has anything to worry about for the rest of 2015. Downgrading it by anyone is absolutely foolish.

doctornick

We were too when my son was young and didn't meet the height requirement, we did meet an extremely helpful CM that informed us that once a day they operate one of the simulators with the motion disabled. He didn't know the difference and had a great time riding it, even understood that it was only once and wouldn't be able to do it until our next visit.

Huh. Don't they have 6 bays? I wonder if they could simply make one a permanent non-moving bay to accommodate people with motion sickness and those below the height restriction? Sort of like M:S has two sides. Given the capacity of the ride, I think it would survive such a change without wrecking havoc on the wait times.

CDavid

The height limit has a lot to do with it. There are always parents measuring little ones that are too short to ride and leave unaware that they do special runs at certain times of the day with no movement so little ones can ride.

They do? We've been turned away due to height before and they never told us this.

This is news to me as well. Anything similar to this done on any attractions other than Star Tours (other than Mission Space)?

RSoxNo1

Something interesting that I saw today...

After a flurry of recent articles in the media that read like PR puff pieces, the Motley Fool had one today that was refreshingly honest.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...s-magic.aspx?source=isesitlnk0000001&mrr=0.50

What I found most intriguing was that Rich Greenfield was the analyst who downgraded the Disney stock this week, from buy to neutral. According to what I've been told, Mr. Greenfield is no stranger to Viacom and the Redstone family.

I wonder if he's read a certain article about Disney and China, and sees that situation as one of the "headwinds" the company will be facing.
I've been hemming and hawing regarding my Disney stock. It's at an all time high, but there are signs like China that could hurt it. Conversely, we know that there are two Pixar movies, two Marvel movies, Star Wars and Tomorrowland coming out in the next 9 months and it's really hard to see them not having another good year. Even if China turns out to be a bigger failure than France, even if Iger has to resign, the lineup of movies coming out this year has never been seen before.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No chance Dis stock has anything to worry about for the rest of 2015. Downgrading it by anyone is absolutely foolish.

With the new blood at the FCC who may approve 'ala carte' cable in the next 12 months or so, Media networks who do not own distribution assets (TWDC) are going to be much less valuable because the leverage they once had will largely be gone because a lot of households who once got Disney properties will not pay for them once broken out.

Let's face it most people watch 20 channels at BEST and watch series via internet on 'smart tvs'.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've been hemming and hawing regarding my Disney stock. It's at an all time high, but there are signs like China that could hurt it. Conversely, we know that there are two Pixar movies, two Marvel movies, Star Wars and Tomorrowland coming out in the next 9 months and it's really hard to see them not having another good year. Even if China turns out to be a bigger failure than France, even if Iger has to resign, the lineup of movies coming out this year has never been seen before.

I use Cramer's dictum Bulls and Bears prosper, pigs get slaughtered, I'm taking at least some of my profits now.

RSoxNo1

With the new blood at the FCC who may approve 'ala carte' cable in the next 12 months or so, Media networks who do not own distribution assets (TWDC) are going to be much less valuable because the leverage they once had will largely be gone because a lot of households who once got Disney properties will not pay for them once broken out.

Let's face it most people watch 20 channels at BEST and watch series via internet on 'smart tvs'.
Disney Movies Anywhere is also probably the best option of any similar services. Everything is linked with iTunes or Google Play as well as their own proprietary service. They won't be distributing television content, but they're ahead of the game when it comes to movie distribution.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney Movies Anywhere is also probably the best option of any similar services. Everything is linked with iTunes or Google Play as well as their own proprietary service. They won't be distributing television content, but they're ahead of the game when it comes to movie distribution.

Thanks, Have not tried that Disney's past efforts along these lines have been truly cringeworthy.

RSoxNo1

Thanks, Have not tried that Disney's past efforts along these lines have been truly cringeworthy.
It really is done well. I've been slowly building my regular and digital movie collection (Disney Movie Club has helped significantly). I've got my account linked with iTunes (I don't use Google Play or the other linking option). They automatically give you a free digital download upon linking to iTunes or another service (previously it had been Incredibles, now it's Wreck It Ralph).

If you get your digital code, you can enter it once on Disney Movie Rewards and it will add it to your Disney Movies Anywhere account and place it as an available download on iTunes. The part that I like the best is that as format upgrades become available there is no need to repurchase. Movies that only had a standard definition download available at the time of issue now have full 1080P downloads available.

The only complaint I've had so far is that the format on Airplay isn't as good as it could be with Apple TV, but that really only hurts on the bonus features. The movies themselves are all linked to your iTunes library and they play in full HD.

PhotoDave219

Thats tough. Its at $100+. You could divest it or just some and move it into something low risk for the moment.

The flip side, the siren song of the stock price continuing to climb is hard to fight.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
This is news to me as well. Anything similar to this done on any attractions other than Star Tours (other than Mission Space)?

Not that I am aware of, ST is the only attraction I know of that does this. CM told me (I know they are not always the most reliable) it was because of the very high number of smaller SW fans that they do it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

ESPN may actually do OK under that model. For a whole lot of people it's going to be in that 20. They could probably get a little more per subscriber too since you are only selling to people who want it.

lazyboy97o

This doesn't look minimalist to me:

Mos_Espa_2.png

mos-eisley-star-wars-episode-7-first-look-set-pictures-tatooine-is-nothing-like-you-remember.jpeg

MosEisley-celebration.png

You can easily build upon the already-established-in-the-movies aesthetic and actually fill in those buildings with, I dunno, the kind of stuff you'd find in a frontier spaceport.
Look at the buildings themselves. Look at their scale compared to people. You're not going to be flying above what is built. You're going to be standing next to the 20'+ tall, thick, windowless walls.

I just finished the first page of this most exceptional thread (I'm a n00b) and like I hit the bottom of the page and had a Harry Mudd moment when I saw the number of pages in the thread. Oh, well. We're Lauderdale-based AP's and my SO is a TA so as she is booking reservations in the other room (still filled with excitement from the weekend at MK...Garden Festival...Burnt Ends Hash (inspired me to make pickled jalapenos this morning)...FP+ actually working...Pablo Cruise...meeting up with two different groups of friends (morning and night)...seeing the theater as it once was, but lamenting the new stage installation...and the AMAZING experience which is Cafe Tutto Gusto) I'm researching a big trip for my friends who might like to join us at FW for some rustic camping at $10/head.

I'm going to enjoy what is now 353 pages of insight and passion from what I see is someone who embodies the idea of Magic that WD envisioned. I was getting a little jaded because I was looking at the park like the surface of the ocean: I was oblivious to the wonderful things going on under the water, hidden from view.

I am an Aspie. This kind of discussion is wonderful. It feeds my brain really well. I really appreciate this site, this forum, and this thread.

Somewhere, on some page, and in some thread, someone posted about passing a castle turret on the Epcot monorail (it's a topiary). I have a new photo, if you know where that thread was...it was also a princess dresses hijacked thread as well, and I have a video to share with a lady who was looking for advance viewing of what is offered.

Namaste,
K-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom