A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrianLo

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/07/13/teaser-trailer-for-shanghai-disneyland-pirates-of-the-caribbean/

The Disneyblog has a different shanghai video than the one posted by Spirit. This showcases some of the Pirates stuff we have seen before. I wonder if they are planning on releasing a video for each land?

http://news.qq.com/zt2015/shdr/mobile.htm

Yes, countdown clock times out on Wednesday at 6am EST. Two more videos before than (the fourth is definitely for tomorrowland). The third has a placeholder image of Aurora so not sure if it will be for gardens of imagination/fantasyland again. The third video should in theory be available sometime today.

wdwgreek

Wait times can be added to an application. Legacy Fastpass had its flaws but it didn't punish you for not using it.
Well I'm by no means a fan of having to book sixty days in advance or the three limit, or the one park limit, but it does make certain things easier mainly what I mentioned.

PhotoDave219

Well I'm by no means a fan of having to book sixty days in advance or the three limit, or the one park limit, but it does make certain things easier mainly what I mentioned.

Yes and no… It certainly takes the fun out of going to Disney and then figuring out what you're going to do once you get there…

I suppose it's fine if you're somebody who enjoys planning and scheduling things.

CaptainAmerica

Yes and no… It certainly takes the fun out of going to Disney and then figuring out what you're going to do once you get there…

I suppose it's fine if you're somebody who enjoys planning and scheduling things.
An there's the entire MM+ debate in fifty words or less. If you're a planner, thumbs up. If you're not, thumbs down. Disney's internal data seems to have told them that the former outnumber the latter (or that they're more profitable at least).

Atomicmickey

An there's the entire MM+ debate in fifty words or less. If you're a planner, thumbs up. If you're not, thumbs down. Disney's internal data seems to have told them that the former outnumber the latter (or that they're more profitable at least).

Not to derail the thread, but I've met multiple 'first timers' who really felt adrift when they didn't plan. Missed a bunch,
felt harried, and felt like they were being told to have a Magical Day but didn't know how to do it. Complaints--lines,
not knowing where things were, etc.

I think Disney's data told them they were angering first timers, and that they needed to IMPOSE planning.

I am certain these people--and I have spoken with several--would have loved MM+ and had a better vacation
because of it.

wdwgreek

well taking Disneyland Paris for example, I knew I wanted fastpasses for a few rides, however not being familiar with the park and it being my first time there, I wondered around a little bit before finding the fastpasses/ attractions and the times were considerably late in the day, in Florida I had no problem running to a place to get an "early" fastpass, but booking via my phone takes away the stress of running to the attraction.

That said, I am a scheduler I have nearly every minute of each trip planed, having wait times on my phone via the my magic application would have been very useful for me to better execute my day. In wdw having been so frequently I still plan but I leave in time for leisure or I my case looking at posters and decorations in attraction queues and windows. I don't think it takes out the fun, rather it makes my trip at least much more efficient and therefor fun, I feel much more fulfilled out of my trip. I don't like everything or even a lot about fastpass plus, but it does make planning easier.

asianway

Not to derail the thread, but I've met multiple 'first timers' who really felt adrift when they didn't plan. Missed a bunch,
felt harried, and felt like they were being told to have a Magical Day but didn't know how to do it. Complaints--lines,

I think Disney's data told them they were angering first timers, and that they needed to IMPOSE planning.

I am certain these people--and I have spoken with several--would have loved MM+ and had a better vacation
because of it.
If they were too lazy to preplan before, why should they now?

asianway

I don't see it as lazy, I just don't plan out my vacations to that degree. I have general ideas of what I want to do and specific things on my agenda, but I'm not going to schedule them out to the minute degree...
Neither do I but that's a conscious decision I make. Even when I go to Tokyo my preplanning consists of making 2 restaurant reservations and picking my park days when I buy my tickets. If I don't have a good time, that's on me, no one else

twebber55

I think ignorance was a bigger problem than laziness. Guests saying "I had no idea that WDW took so much planning" rather than "I know WDW takes a lot of planning but I'm not going to bother."
yeah I actually helped a colleague of mine and he had no idea what MM+ or FP+ was....he actually liked it once he kind of figured it out but he would ve been lost without my help..im sure many others feel that way

Atomicmickey

I think ignorance was a bigger problem than laziness. Guests saying "I had no idea that WDW took so much planning" rather than "I know WDW takes a lot of planning but I'm not going to bother."

Exactly. They had no idea what they were getting into. To us, that seems, well, misguided, but
the point is this--Disney was being held responsible, in their minds, for not "guiding" them more.
After their trip, these are the people who go "never again, I hate that place"--it's their fault, but
you can't ever turn them after that. Once you've stood in an hour and a half line to meet a princess
in sweltering heat with crying babies and stubbed your toe on a stroller, you've made up your mind.

I think--for this reason only---MM+ is helping. We have to understand we, the obsessive planners
and Disney fans, are the tiny, tiny minority. WDW is SO busy these days, as we've said, there's
almost no off season any more, they had to do something or risk the complaints rising . . .

(Again, personally, I'm with "all y'all" as far as MM+ goes, but I get how it is helping in some ways.)

PhotoDave219

Exactly. They had no idea what they were getting into. To us, that seems, well, misguided, but
the point is this--Disney was being held responsible, in their minds, for not "guiding" them more.
After their trip, these are the people who go "never again, I hate that place"--it's their fault, but
you can't ever turn them after that. Once you've stood in an hour and a half line to meet a princess
in sweltering heat with crying babies and stubbed your toe on a stroller, you've made up your mind.

I think--for this reason only---MM+ is helping. We have to understand we, the obsessive planners
and Disney fans, are the tiny, tiny minority. WDW is SO busy these days, as we've said, there's
almost no off season any more, they had to do something or risk the complaints rising . . .

(Again, personally, I'm with "all y'all" as far as MM+ goes, but I get how it is helping in some ways.)

All this planning can only be done if you bought a package… it's really an incentive to stay on property.

What I mean is the people that come down to Orlando or Tampa to see grandma and then decide they're going to take the kids to Disney for a day and then take the kids to Universal for a day… People like that are horribly penalized. People who stay off property and only come for a day or two don't have the ability to schedule a fast pass six months in advance.

This is just for planners Who stay on property… if you're off property guest you're kind of screwed.

CaptainAmerica

All this planning can only be done if you bought a package… it's really an incentive to stay on property.

What I mean is the people that come down to Orlando or Tampa to see grandma and then decide they're going to take the kids to Disney for a day and then take the kids to Universal for a day… People like that are horribly penalized. People who stay off property and only come for a day or two don't have the ability to schedule a fast pass six months in advance.

This is just for planners Who stay on property… if you're off property guest you're kind of screwed.
Which, frankly, is going to be the primary driver of growth going forward. The parks are jam packed. Attendance isn't the place to grow. Room nights are.

ETA: Room nights and price increases.

Cesar R M

because of it.
FP for me is only useful for when there is a "must do at all cost" ride during a visit trip.
Specially on busy days.
Apart from that? nope.. doesn't help spontaneous users at all, neither if you have tight schedules (or the other attractions are full to the seams that by the time you're halfway in the standby line.. your next fastpass as triggered).

for some people.. FP+ can be more of a punishment than a plus.

CaptainAmerica

FP for me is only useful for when there is a "must do at all cost" ride during a visit trip.
Specially on busy days.
Apart from that? nope.. doesn't help spontaneous users at all, neither if you have tight schedules (or the other attractions are full to the seams that by the time you're halfway in the standby line.. your next fastpass as triggered).

for some people.. FP+ can be more of a punishment than a plus.
Even spontaneous users have a few "must do" attractions. And, in theory, they're able to be more spontaneous with their other experiences if the "must dos" are taken care of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom