A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

BrerJon

I could attempt the thing... but I seriously don't see the fun in it. My record is right now DLP-HKDL OR TDL-WDW in a single year and that's more than enough for me. I even skipped TDL on this trip to avoid burning out on it like what happened with me and DL.

It would be such a waste of money just for the bragging rights. I think my record is four resorts in eighteen months.

V_L_Raptor

This is why I teach college, while some can't handle criticism, it's easier to tell them straight up: you didn't follow directions, you're not writing properly, your citations are a mess and half those sources aren't legit.

At least I don't have parents emailling me telling me I hurt their child's self esteem

You might be amazed what all happens in college teaching beyond your sphere. It's not at all unknown for parents to call at the institution for which I taught. Susie Snowflake in Pre-Nursing didn't get an A on the test that was directly lifted from the homework she didn't do? Mommy and Daddy are checking the syllabus to make a call to the prof. Helicopter parents are still a thing.

Nmoody1

Here is the coming soon sign on the construction wall

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 165

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Another way to look at the situation is did WDW have a policy in regards to alligators and was the policy followed. If a policy is in place, where and with whom did said policy fail or is the the policy a failure as a whole?

Disney did not trespass and allow the game wardens to cite the guests feeding the gators from the bungalows I've been visiting for 30 years and have never seen a gator on the poly side of the lagoon.

I'd say Disney had a wink wink nod nod policy wrt to the gator feeding since the guests were paying so much

Id argue that the bungalow s should be demolished

rael ramone

HR: Who do you lean on when making decisions? Who are your confidants?

Bob Iger: I have a great team. I have [communications chief] Zenia [Mucha], a great general counsel [Alan Braverman], I have a very strong and relatively new CFO [Christine McCarthy], and I have a great head of HR [Jayne Parker]. That's the core corporate team. And then the business unit team, Alan Horn is right down the hall and Ben [Sherwood], who is relatively new. This is a team I work very closely with. For instance, we have lunch every Monday. We had lunch today for an hour and a half, and the first thing I did was show them a seven-minute video of Shanghai … just to get everybody in a good mood. Then we did a business update, we talked about Wanda, we talked about some of ESPN's issues, we congratulated ourselves that we have the Warriors and the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals. It's a mutually supportive environment. There's always politics in any company, but it's a fairly politically free senior team. I'm going to share everything with you. If you burn me, that ends the sharing process.

No creatives involved in this power circle. Alan was involved in TV but more of a production manager it seems.

When asked who you lean on when you make decisions running a huge DOW 30 company, who would list their Mouthpiece first?

FerretAfros

Also: depending upon your definition of "Lifestyler," I highly doubt I'm the first one to visit every park in a single year. There's a pretty well-off crowd I've encountered at various D23 events that, to my knowledge, is off the grid in terms of social media. Since they don't blog, I'm not sure you'd consider them lifestylers, but I'd be shocked if some of them hadn't already accomplished the feat (possibly even including DCL, AbD, Aulani, etc.--none of which I will do this year).
My brother visited all the parks within a year in the late-90's, and he's far from any definition of a "lifestyler"; I doubt he even knows that there's a new park in Shanghai. Granted he didn't do it in a *calendar* year and there were only 7 parks at the time, but that's still a pretty decent accomplishment for a ~12 year old.

I should also point out that other than a school band trip to WDW, none of the trips were planned with Disney as a deciding factor. Things just happened to fall into place with my parents' work trips and visiting family that we were able to do a day in the parks along with a normal vacation. I can't imagine planning a trip to another continent without doing (a lot of) other sightseeing as well

clemmo

The site that shall not be named is now reporting what @WDW1974 is saying about a DVC moderate resort. They claim it will be going in an open area at the southern edge of the Caribbean resort pending final approval

WildcatDen

OK, so I didn't start a new thread, but serious question I'd like opinions on:

Should George Kalogridis be fired over the child's death and what led up to it?
My Opinion - Nope. But maybe you can get John Lewis to show up at the Grand Floridian and stage a Sit In?

Rodan75

Wikkler

Interesting that they're advertising Volcano Bay as their third park. I'm not too surprised. Three parks sounds like something you could book a trip around, and it looks stronger for a place that has historically been weaker than Disney. I do wonder if it'll truly be treated as a third park (paid for with regular park tickets at regular park price) or if they'll do a seperate pricing thing like Disney does.

If Universal sticks with advertising themselves as having three parks, I wouldn't be surprised to see WDW eventually change their slogan to something along the lines of Six Parks, One World. In which case Universal would still have half the number of Disney.

Either way, I'm excited for another water park. Picture has me worried, but I hope Volcano Bay is truly something special.
It's exactly half!
4 theme parks - 2 theme parks
2 water parks - 1 water park

BrerJon

When asked who you lean on when you make decisions running a huge DOW 30 company, who would list their Mouthpiece first?

I suspect this is missing context. No doubt Zenia was in the room and had just introduced him to Bob, they probably made small-talk about how charming she was, off-the-record, before the interview began, so she naturally came up in conversation, half-jokingly. That's my read of it, anyway.

Wikkler

Does she not fish anywhere else in the south? The amount of overreaction people have blows my mind. Do they think gators jump out of the water and bite their arm off in the boat?

I guess I'm always a fool for over estimating what the general population wastes their brain cells on.
Stingrays and jellyfish at Virginia Beach - Eh.
Gator at WDW - HOLY MOLY I'M NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN IT'S SO UNSAFE DISNEY SHOULD NOT HAVE GATORS OMG

But public perception of these things can change.
Mosquitoes before 2016 - Just spray some bug spray.
Mosquitoes in 2016 - OMG ZIKA

betty rose

OK, so I didn't start a new thread, but serious question I'd like opinions on:

Should George Kalogridis be fired over the child's death and what led up to it?
It depends. If he was made aware of deadly alligators, coming close to the beach, absolutely. If he ignored the C.M's, yes. If his approach to heading the parks is not attentive enough, yes. I said on another thread we encountered a water moccasin, that was 6 ft. long, and chased grandson, hubby and myself. It didn't back off. Someone is seriously dropping the ball at DW. The buck should stop at the last person that knew about the threat, and did or said nothing. Disney has a serious personnel problem. This should be investigated by an outside person, not in Florida, not picked by Disney. An independent person. If anything less is done, it will shameful on their part. They have been shameful in neglecting this park too long. JMHO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom