A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wonder how the costs of the animatronic Belle(s) in the upcoming Tokyo ride compares to staffing the multiple live action Belles in Kissimmee.
Or what the local Kinkos charges when one of the cardboard cutouts needs to be reprinted.

Enchanted-Tales-with-Belle-Disney-World-58bdeef73df78c353cdda5cd (1).jpg

Missing20K

First look at Tokyo Disneyland's Beauty and the Beast ride

Every person in that video showed more passion that Chappie at his IAAPA presentations. And I bet none of them had a script. They all just spoke from the heart about how excited they were to be working on a world class attraction.

And those AA's are what should be standard in all Disney parks going forward. Facial looks and movement is a bit off but incredible fluidity and articulation in the limbs and overall motion.

brb1006

Wow. Those AAs might just be the best I've ever seen. I'm a huge fan of the Shaman in Pandora, but these are just... Wow. They look like the cartoon characters stepped into the real world. Very cool to see how advanced AAs are getting, and I hope the US parks get upgraded or new AAs in the future using this style.
Yeah this makes the animatronics with animated screen faces look cheap.

brb1006

Every person in that video showed more passion that Chappie at his IAAPA presentations. And I bet none of them had a script. They all just spoke from the heart about how excited they were to be working on a world class attraction.

And those AA's are what should be standard in all Disney parks going forward. Facial looks and movement is a bit off but incredible fluidity and articulation in the limbs and overall motion.
Speaking of Tokyo's AAs, the animatronics for the Pooh characters in Pooh's Hunny Hunt look more lifelike and expressive since they we're given fur compared to the cheap plastic/motionless type found at the other versions. I especially love Owl's design in that ride.
pooh-hunny-hunt3.jpg

8556390563_a31ed9c522.jpg

tdl33.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Why can't TDO and TDA get attractions like this?

I get the sentiment when seeing some nice AA's (and ride vehicles apparently...cool!). Just worth nothing that DHS will be getting 3 attractions that will be on a similar level or better. So, TDO does get attractions on this level. Maybe the better question is why do they also get stuff like the Belle walk-through?

brb1006

I get the sentiment when seeing some nice AA's (and ride vehicles apparently...cool!). Just worth nothing that DHS will be getting 3 attractions that will be on a similar level or better. So, TDO does get attractions on this level. Maybe the better question is why do they also get stuff like the Belle walk-through?
I'm still impressed with the AA's for the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast attraction. Especially because of how fluid Belle moves. And we haven't even seen the rest of the characters.

brb1006

Can somebody on here please make a gif of the Beauty and the Beast AA's in the preview video? Especially the moment we see Bell walking while searching for Maurice?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
THINK OF THE CHILDREN HAVING FUN THOUGH YOU MONSTER!!!!!!!! NOT EVERYTHING’S FOR YOU!!!!!! /s
I have seen many people defend this attraction because their kid "had fun". I was at a local park/hiking trail once and saw a kid pick up dog pooh and play with it. He was obviously having fun. So, by certain peoples metric of what a quality attraction is, "dog pooh" is acceptable if Disney slaps a movie title on it and offers a FP+ for it.

doctornick

I have seen many people defend this attraction because their kid "had fun". I was at a local park/hiking trail once and saw a kid pick up dog pooh and play with it. He was obviously having fun. So, by certain peoples metric of what a quality attraction is, "dog pooh" is acceptable if Disney slaps a movie title on it and offers a FP+ for it.

ETWB did win a Thea award for Outstanding Achievement. So, it seems like the industry at least thinks more highly of it than some of this board.

Personally, I view it this way: M&Gs are inevitable and I'd hope that Disney makes them the best they can be. With ETWB, they took a relatively straightforward M&G concept and plussed it quite a bit. That's a good thing and something that they should be commended for. I think the bigger issue is not what ETWB is, but rather than the whole Fantasyland Expansion was way too light on rides especially given the space involved and what was replaced. ETWB would have been a fine addition as part of the expansion as long as there were some additional rides as part of it.

Last edited:

Mike S

Yes, they’re FINALLY getting to the point of adding things like this but look how long it took. NFL definitely needed something on this level.

Mike S

ETWB did win a Thea award for Outstanding Achievement. So, it seems like the industry at least things more highly of it than some of this board.

Personally, I view it this way: M&Gs are inevitable and I'd hope that Disney makes them the best they can be. With ETWB, they took a relatively straightforward M&G concept and plussed it quite a bit. That's a good thing and something that they should be commended for. I think the bigger issue is not what ETWB is, but rather than the whole Fantasyland Expansion was way too light on rides especially given the space involved and what was replaced. ETWB would have been a fine addition as part of the expansion as long as there were some additional rides as part of it.
It likely won that award due to things like the magic mirror effect and the animatronics. Basically, the parts that aren’t the main thing of playing pretend with cardboard and an underpaid college student. For it to be our main B&tB attraction is frankly embarrassing.

BrianLo

This makes Frozen Forever After look cheap! Why can't TDO and TDA get attractions like this? At this point I wish OLC was in charge of future attractions! Don't get me started with The Little Mermaid ride.

Relevant Simpsons video (Replace Homer with Bob Iger/Chapek and Le Grill with Enchanted Tales With Belle/ or the Little Mermaid ride)

You mean Rasulo and less so Stagg’s who couldn’t really throw the entire thing out.

BrianLo

In defense of WDW (ewwwww), you’d all be VERY unhappy with the recent investment cycle of OLC applied to Florida. This is a fantastic ride for a resort that hasn’t seen anything of true new note the entire 2010’s. Refurbishments and celebrations aside. NFL/Pandora/half way redone DHS were certainly better than nothing / Midway Mania and Soaring.

Now the early 2020’s on the other hand... that’s OLC’s battle to lose IF you really like Animated movies. This addition is bolstered with the knowledge that more comes very quickly on its heels. Of course Tokyo starts with a higher bar and no rotting parks, perhaps beside the point.

Mike S

In defense of WDW (ewwwww), you’d all be VERY unhappy with the recent investment cycle of OLC applied to Florida. This is a fantastic ride for a resort that hasn’t seen anything of true new note the entire 2010’s. Refurbishments and celebrations aside. NFL/Pandora/half way redone DHS were certainly better than nothing / Midway Mania and Soaring.

Now the early 2020’s on the other hand... that’s OLC’s battle to lose IF you really like Animated movies. This addition is bolstered with the knowledge that more comes very quickly on its heels. Of course Tokyo starts with a higher bar and no rotting parks, perhaps beside the point.
Still jealous. I’m spoiled like that :p

the.dreamfinder

You were warned this was happening years ago.
https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-capacity/
For almost a year now, I’ve been hearing rumblings from Walt Disney Imagineering sources over the concern that the demand for the new Star Wars-themed land will outweigh the company’s ambitious plans to put guests in the center of their own personalized Star Wars story. I had even heard rumblings that they were considering pushing the opening back so it wouldn’t happen alongside the already insane Summer crowds at Disneyland resorts. I’ve heard estimates that Disney is expecting Disneyland to reach capacity by 10:00 A.M. for the first 90 days of Galaxy’s Edge’s opening, which is truly insane, but entirely believable.

There have been rumors of a possible “Batuu Travel Agency,” where, for an extra fee in addition to your park ticket, you’ll be able to book a visit to Galaxy’s Edge. I’ve even heard these Batuu tickets could be booked in time-segmented allotments and not actually for full-day admission to the Star Wars-themed land. This sounds even more insane to me, and I personally hope that isn’t the case. One thing is for sure: Disney is going to have to figure out a solution for the crowds to come.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom