A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

yeti

Just a thought, what if they're planning to bridge the two parks with a toll gate in Toontown? If you were staying at the new hotel you'd effectively be able to walk right in to either park...

BrianLo

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_olc/20180614_01e/main/0/link/20180614_01e.pdf

The press release is the most clear. Importantly ‘the four attractions and Disney hotel have been newly developed expressly for this project’.

A few additional thoughts - OLC’s fiscal years end in March. We are currently in their ‘fiscal year end March 2019’. Fiscal year 2022 means April 2021-March 2022. It’s listed as tentative and they’ve been recently horrible about sticking to their announced dates (beauty and the beast was originally penned for fiscal year 2017. I’ll just assume Spring 2023 and be happy when it is earlier.

Pooh’s Hunny Hunt sounds similar to other Pooh attractions in marketing speak. Hong Kong’s Frozen was literally described scene for scene as FEA and has a 50% larger show building and is apparently utilizing Shanghai’s boat tech... so who freaking knows these days when they describe things.

Yes this is all behind Arabian coast in the parking lot with presumably the hotel being Bayside Station. No I do not expect a freely traversable connecting gate, OLC won’t even sell Park hoppers for the first two days. How that expansion pad lives another day is amusing.

A mystical fountain into new new fantasyland as ‘port’? Er ok. At least it’s litetally three boat attractions. I’ll give is a B- thematic pass.

I also expect the Pixie Hollow attraction to be a throwaway. Will be interesting to follow what happens to Pan in TDL.

Last thought: hello Shanghai, are you there?

AEfx

A mystical fountain into new new fantasyland as ‘port’? Er ok. At least it’s litetally three boat attractions. I’ll give is a B- thematic pass.

Aw, come on. Are people really giving this a thematic pass? I can't believe there isn't outrage about "they are turning TDS into a MK park!"

Where is all the outrage quoting the park's dedication and chastising them for daring to develop past it? Where is the rhetoric about the ruination of the beloved parks?

Anyone who doesn't complain about this yet belly-aches constantly over this topic stateside is being noticed for future reference. ;)

BrianLo

Aw, come on. Are people really giving this a thematic pass? I can't believe there isn't outrage about "they are turning TDS into a MK park!"

Where is all the outrage quoting the park's dedication and chastising them for daring to develop past it? Where is the rhetoric about the ruination of the beloved parks?

Anyone who doesn't complain about this yet belly-aches constantly over this topic stateside is being noticed for future reference. ;)

Head down to the Tokyo forum. I’m always on the little too generous side with letting these things pass. The people you’d anticipate are (rightfully) upset.

VJ

Didn't you get the memo? Universal and OLC can do no wrong. Disney is the Antichrist. That's just how it is here.

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom