A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

truecoat

"The transformed castle will feature a seamless blend of styles inspired by different times and cultures."

Is this another way to say, we threw stuff at the wall to see what stuck?

disney hk.jpg

RandySavage

"The transformed castle will feature a seamless blend of styles inspired by different times and cultures."

View attachment 248866

I'm surprised they're going with this option (even though it follows the original art). I was expecting, since it appears a majority of Sleeping Beauty will be kept, that the additions would end up looking like a natural architectural extension of SBC (like the Disney Pictures logo). My preferred option would be to raze it all and start from scratch with a unique design.

This, oddly, eschews both of the above and intentionally creates a mash-up. I definitely prefer this new soaring massing to the original, but wonder at the choice of "different times & cultures" versus seamlessly integrated.

A model and view of the north facing side would be cool to see.

mickeyfan5534

View attachment 248866
I actually like it. It is at least far, far, far better than the pointy box in Shanghai. As it stands, I’d rank it between MK/Tokyo and Disneyland

britain

If that was how they built the HK castle from day one, we’d probably be saying, “Hey, cool colorful new design. Not my favorite castle, but it’s a unique new take. And as an Easter egg, the front base is essentially a copy of the original at Disneyland! Nice touch, WDI!”

But because it was designed after the fact, and apparently due to feeling inferior compared to Shanghai, AND because it looks uncomfortably close to something we wouldn’t put past current management from doing TO the original... because of all this, there’s weird mojo about this project.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, was that a Disney Music exec arrested on illegal activity with minors today?

Did Zenia sacrifice that one because the others are going to make people sicker?

Do you care or just want to talk about the overhyped, hopefully not as crappy as the last, SW film? Yeah, what I thought.

And is it just me or has Disney budgeteered those not so lovely gondola stations? This isn't just me, is it? @marni1971

WDW1974

Original Poster
If that was how they built the HK castle from day one, we’d probably be saying, “Hey, cool colorful new design. Not my favorite castle, but it’s a unique new take. And as an Easter egg, the front base is essentially a copy of the original at Disneyland! Nice touch, WDI!”

But because it was designed after the fact, and apparently due to feeling inferior compared to Shanghai, AND because it looks uncomfortably close to something we wouldn’t put past current management from doing TO the original... because of all this, there’s weird mojo about this project.

Doesn't matter all these hypotheticals. What matters is the new design is hideous. They are taking a perfectly fine castle that was master planned to fit with the Anaheim inspired/copied Main Street and adding growths to it, so it is larger and no longer fits the scale of the park, but doesn't seem as puny as Shanghai's ginormous monstrosity.

This is what happens in China.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, was that a Disney Music exec arrested on illegal activity with minors today?

Did Zenia sacrifice that one because the others are going to make people sicker?

Do you care or just want to talk about the overhyped, hopefully not as crappy as the last, SW film? Yeah, what I thought.

And is it just me or has Disney budgeteered those not so lovely gondola stations? This isn't just me, is it? @marni1971

I care because those actions speak to the abysmal state of corporate governance in the US.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Or have the vile Murdochs, control so much of American media ...

This is what the fanbois fail to realize about this deal It's going to give Murdoch a huge block of stock which he and Ike will leverage into effective control of the company.

Now if Disney had not blown that cash on stock buybacks they would have been able to do a cash deal which would have made Murdoch richer but left no opening for him to take over Disney.

seascape

This is what the fanbois fail to realize about this deal It's going to give Murdoch a huge block of stock which he and Ike will leverage into effective control of the company.

Now if Disney had not blown that cash on stock buybacks they would have been able to do a cash deal which would have made Murdoch richer but left no opening for him to take over Disney.
If you look at the profit they made over the years on their treasry stock you will find the cash they actually used is much less. Additionly because they have so much treasury stock they could sell some to pay for the 61% of Sky they will also be buying without adding any more debt. This is a great deal and will make Disney's market cap one 250 billion. Thus it would be very difficult for anyone to try to buy them out.

Park and Resorts will gain a new subsidiary, Fox's 2 themeparks and who knows how that will be expanded in the years to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom