A sequel? Nah, not this one

Heppenheimer

This is very true. I went to Austria and Munich and was happy to see a lot of 20 y/o's in tracht and dirndl on a Friday after work for parties (not even a fest). They get into it.

I was going to buy a trachten janker (jacket) at Loden Frey but EUR 500+ was pushing it for something that would rarely be worn.
I bought myself a few pieces when I lived in Germany, and yes, the stuff is expensive if you want something above Halloween costume quality, but it looks really good and lasts a long time. I plan to buy my wife a nice Dirndl when we take out next trip.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still down to shepherd my idea for redressing the area outside the WDWRR Track into reality if Disney wants to hire me to do it . . . I'm available!

My sketch:
View attachment 501318

What if WDW wants to keep the train themed to BTMR? We could pretty much make all of Frontierland into "New Orleans Square" or "Mississippi Valley."

Tiana's restaurant can replace Pecos Bill (a slightly problematic folk character) and the rest of FL can mesh with the River Boat and Mississippi River across from it. Then Country Bears would fit in.

The only thing left of "The Western Frontier" would be the railroad and BTMR, which is about conquering the land, and not the natives.

My apologies for butchering your lovely painting which has such exquisite use of light, but here is a quick mock-up...

1601325438434.png

Mac Tonight

BTW, have we ever gotten word in this thread about what this supposed "thing" was from the first post? I've been keeping up with posts but still seem to be in the dark.
I'm starting to suspect there wasn't any "thing" in the first place... or, the OP got wind of "something" that they thought was gonna be big news but ended up being a non-story. Or the OP was just after more likes.

All that to say, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Now, resume the Frozen vs Maelstrom debate. Maelstrom rules and Frozen was a mediocre film.

Last edited:

deWild

What if WDW wants to keep the train themed to BTMR? We could pretty much make all of Frontierland into "New Orleans Square" or "Mississippi Valley."

Tiana's restaurant can replace Pecos Bill (a slightly problematic folk character) and the rest of FL can mesh with the River Boat and Mississippi River across from it. Then Country Bears would fit in.

The only thing left of "The Western Frontier" would be the railroad and BTMR, which is about conquering the land, and not the natives.

My apologies for butchering your lovely painting which has such exquisite use of light, but here is a quick mock-up...

View attachment 501385
I like it. How could they maintain continuity between BTMRR and the rest of Wedtern Frontier though? I feel like this is where they could dock the Liberty Belle where the current TSI rafts are and then start filling in part of the RoA. It could also allow the HM queue to be extended so there’s an organized line on busy days, rather than just forming a single file line all the way down Liberty Square (granted, this assumes COVID is over).

Also, you have superb photoshop skills.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I like it. How could they maintain continuity between BTMRR and the rest of Wedtern Frontier though? I feel like this is where they could dock the Liberty Belle where the current TSI rafts are and then start filling in part of the RoA. It could also allow the HM queue to be extended so there’s an organized line on busy days, rather than just forming a single file line all the way down Liberty Square (granted, this assumes COVID is over).

Also, you have superb photoshop skills.

BTMR and the train station can be it's own mini-land.

If they update MK's RoA like they did for DL, they could retheme the part of TSI that faces BTMR and the the northern part of RoA to be the Colorado River.

In DL, the update RoA actually makes explicit you're jumping from famous river to famous river just like Jungle Cruise has you hopping continents. Right now, MK's RoA is all Mississippi riverboat.

Brer Oswald

View attachment 501385
Seems like a lot of unnecessary work (and unnecessary money spent) to get one attraction to fit properly. And OLC wouldn’t be contributing anything in this scenario.

britain

It is not shoehorned in at Disneyland. While it is in critter country, it sits next to The Haunted Mansion, which is part of New Orleans Square. They are just expanding New Orleans square to include Splash, which does make Pooh stand out as out of place as the only remaining attraction in Critter Country along with Hungry Bear quick service.

Everyone thinks they are going to extend New Orleans Square. I promise you they won’t, they will just say that this PatF (aka ‘Louis the gator ride’) is the new attraction in Critter Country. Close proximity to New Orleans Square is just a nice bonus.

Brer Oswald

Everyone thinks they are going to extend New Orleans Square. I promise you they won’t, they will just say that this PatF (aka ‘Louis the gator ride’) is the new attraction in Critter Country. Close proximity to New Orleans Square is just a nice bonus.
I also hear people speculating that they’re going to replace Pooh with a Tiana restaurant or a Dr. Facilier Ride. As crappy and unpopular as Disneyland’s Pooh Ride is, Pooh’s still a top 3 seller for merchandise, and I really don’t see them sacrificing Pooh Corner for another PatF store.

deWild

BTMR and the train station can be it's own mini-land.

If they update MK's RoA like they did for DL, they could retheme the part of TSI that faces BTMR and the the northern part of RoA to be the Colorado River.

In DL, the update RoA actually makes explicit you're jumping from famous river to famous river just like Jungle Cruise has you hopping continents. Right now, MK's RoA is all Mississippi riverboat.
I like it. I think some change to that area could do it good (and open up the bottleneck).

Do you want me to submit your application to Imagineering?

DoleWhipDrea

I also hear people speculating that they’re going to replace Pooh with a Tiana restaurant or a Dr. Facilier Ride. As crappy and unpopular as Disneyland’s Pooh Ride is, Pooh’s still a top 3 seller for merchandise, and I really don’t see them sacrificing Pooh Corner for another PatF store.

Yeah the land/subland divisions (people like to debate that NOS isn’t an actual land and that NOS and CC are all just extensions of Frontierland) aren’t going to change.

Besides Pooh selling merchandise (and that shop in CC is fairly decent in size already), part of the appeal of that ride in that corner of the park is something for the little ones to ride if they’re not tall (or comfortable) enough to ride Splash.

Thankfully Disneyland isn’t regularly in the practice of reducing capacity, unlike WDW.

Still rather curious where the funding for PatF will come from.

HarperRose

That's a pretty substantial difference.

You wouldn't say Indiana Jones at Disneyland and Dinosaur! at Animal Kingdom are the same ride, even though they use basically the same track layout and ride vehicle tech, because the shows are so, so different.
I would if one replaced the other.

tanc

Tokyo Disney:
Splash Mountain Redo - The Princess and the Frog theme was rejected by OLC. Since WDW's redo was dependent on this, if the OLC decides an alternate theme is more appropriate, that will be what Florida gets. This project is infinitely delayed.
No changes to other projects in Tokyo Disney.
Not sure how trust worthy this is, but if this is true then it sort of makes sense. About the funding, Japan also has a ton of sponsored rides so they would have to find another sponsor too.

Mrtko

To be replaced by other Bobs. Let's not set our hair on fire yet. Disney will weather this storm. It won't be pretty, but it will survive it.
Maybe and maybe not. The life expectancy of a fortune 500 company is something like 40 years. Look at the companies that made up the DOW index 100 years ago verses now. You probably won't recognize them. Go back 50 years and look. A once great company like General Electric is not a sure bet to continue and they were one company that was in the DOW for the entire 20th century. There simply is no guarantee that companies, no matter how invincible they look, have a lock on survival.

Disney makes money, yes they do. Hemingway once said first you go broke slowly, then all of a sudden. All Disney needs to do is deny the reality and make a few short years of bad decisions. I honestly don't know what path they are on right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom