A sequel? Nah, not this one

aladdin2007

I know people say this all the time half-heartedly, but if they seriously put Wakanda in as a country in World Showcase I think I'm officially done with WDW. I can swallow having rides and characters in the already established countries, even when it's a bit of a stretch (Frozen). But to plop a completely fictional Marvel land in the middle of an area of the park that's supposed to represent actual places and culture? Nah. Honestly, I'd be ok with them not adding any more countries to WS. But if you're going to do it, please keep the integrity of the area (mostly) intact.

Yes! I've recently said this myself! I've always hated having Agrabah in the middle of Adventureland. It has never fit in with any of the surrounding theming. But Moana would be at least a little bit better fit with the tropical aesthetic. I think Seas would be a little bit harder sell just because of the look of the building...but they could easily make her some kind of "ambassador" that educates guests on the importance of taking care of the oceans.
Really I feel like they could leave the Nemo theme, as I think it's really well done and still relevant. I do wish they would overhaul the actual tanks. The water always seems murky, and compared to newer aquariums the Seas tanks are just kinda boring. The manatees are usually the one exhibit that is a must when I do venture into Seas just because those aren't usually at other aquariums.

could not agree more that really bothers me that they were seriously considering that or could again at any time.

aladdin2007

Nothing. Looks more like a "come back" campaign than anything else at this point.

No one said that. OLC doesn't want Princess and the Frog. That doesn't mean an alternate IP can't replace both mountains in Florida and Japan.

New location from what I understand.

No idea, that's entertainment. I wish they would just start doing some sort of fireworks show, even one that just used needle drop music from Epcot and Classic Epcot that was only 5 minutes long. That would be enough to keep people in the park later and keep the restaurants afloat. Closing Epcot at 7 is stupid and the work of a moron who doesn't understand how to run things in a theme park that is mostly an outdoor mall with tons of shops and food locations. You have to have a draw to keep people there late into the night. Socially distanced fireworks can be done, especially in a lagoon as big as World Showcase. Sorry, this one hit a nerve with me.

No idea.

so true, this should be reiterated across the boards.

WDW Pro

This thread got a little spicy again! Thanks @TheVisionarySoul

If Iger wants to run in 2024 he will probably leave the company in 2022 at the latest. He is going to have to run a monster campaign to build support across the county and create value in his candidacy to the party. You really can't leave a job of his importance to be on the road all day campaigning...unless you're a congressman.

Iger isn't running for anything anytime soon. Right now his main objective is staying out of the news.

EPCOT-O.G.

This thread got a little spicy again! Thanks @TheVisionarySoul

If Iger wants to run in 2024 he will probably leave the company in 2022 at the latest. He is going to have to run a monster campaign to build support across the county and create value in his candidacy to the party. You really can't leave a job of his importance to be on the road all day campaigning...unless you're a congressman.
I feel like Iger’s book was an acknowledgment that his window had closed. With all the international business development stuff, it felt like a proto-campaign biography where a prospective candidate would highlight areas of their background to show how it would translate to being president (“I negotiated huge deals with foreign governments, I can step in and do the job.”) He is pretty candid that the direction of the Democratic Party towards the Bernie movement meant that he didn’t think he would have been a good fit at the moment.

Say what you want about Iger, but Michael Bloomberg tested the hypothesis as to how a pro-business candidate would do in the primary, spending the equivalent of Iger’s entire net worth to have a negligible impact. It’s not looking likely, but should Biden lose, I couldn’t see the Democratic primary electorate going for a corporate leader with no government or activism experience as its nominee in 2024.

DreamfinderGuy

Cranium Command is NOT overrated. It's just that since the Buzzy figure was stolen, a lot of people suddenly care. Kinda like Splash Mountain. But see, that's what blanket statements do.
Nobody really cared much about Cranium Command until the AA went missing. It was briefly mentioned here and there as an "Underrated Gem" but it was overshadowed by literally every other main Future World attraction that was open at the time. Even now there's not a huge amount of interest, since the situation with Buzzy has died down quite a bit. It's small but dedicated fanbase knows it's value.

RSoxNo1

Maybe, but that just makes the northern plot of land a mystery rather than the southern.
You could put an event space in there and do away with the World Celebration, World Discovery, World Nature layout. Sure the event space wouldn't have the World Showcase proximity they probably want, but it would save money (assuming that's the motivation for the change).

brianstl

There are things that could at least theoretically happen (a hostile takeover of Seaworld), things that are effectively legally impossible (a hostile takeover of Comcast/Universal) and things that are effectively logistically impossible (a hostile takeover of TWDC, at least anytime soon). It’s not worth anyone’s time to speculate on the latter two.
There is only one company that has the cash on hand to make an attractive enough offer to the institutional shareholders. The fact they haven’t shown any inclination to buy Disney to this point probably means it will never happen.

Dizmentia

They did, but the optics of keeping anything related to Song of the South is not something that works for TWDC. The removal of anything related to Song of the South seems to be a direct edict by Iger, a sort of political move on his part. Initially the company wanted OLC to pay for the entire re-design, but OLC said no specially because... how to put this... the Japanese don't like Tiana and the ride is fine as it is. So, the OLC is forcing Disney's hand for once. Basically, OLC says that if you want Song of the South gone from TDL, TWDC will have to pay for it and it won't be Princess and the Frog. So now they're in some sort of negotiations. From what I understand anyway. I have a feeling this will fall apart entirely at worst (or best, if you're on team keep Splash Mountain as it is) or it will evolve into some other IP replacing the ride at best (or worst).
For the past few years, I've been guessing that Splash Mountain might eventually get a Woody's Roundup theme. I could see OLC being on board with this change. (Picture from Hong Kong Disneyland's Small World)
toystory.jpg

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
There is only one company that has the cash on hand to make an attractive enough offer to the institutional shareholders. The fact they haven’t shown any inclination to buy Disney to this point probably means it will never happen.
Yeah Microsoft’s cash position is just bonkers right now. ;)

UNCgolf

For the past few years, I've been guessing that Splash Mountain might eventually get a Woody's Roundup theme. I could see OLC being on board with this change. (Picture from Hong Kong Disneyland's Small World)View attachment 498074

That would be horrible. There's already a whole Toy Story Land (despite it being awful) and another Toy Story ride in Tomorrowland. Toy Story should be at the very bottom of the list of IPs to be used for any new attraction of any kind.

tirian

For the past few years, I've been guessing that Splash Mountain might eventually get a Woody's Roundup theme. I could see OLC being on board with this change. (Picture from Hong Kong Disneyland's Small World)View attachment 498074
I don’t know if the OLC sees value in the investment at all. SOTS doesn’t have a stigma in Japan for various reasons, some good and some questionable. But Splash isn’t a problem anywhere, and nobody thought it was until they were told to think so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom