A Second Earthquake - 7.1 in Ridgecrest

MoonRakerSCM

Wasn't that radiating ring from that aftershock during the TV news conference amazing? I was watching it sweep through SoCal and sure enough as it got to north OC my chandelier swayed and the Malbec in my wine glass rippled right on cue. Truly impressive technology

I'm glad you saw that as it was a wonderful showcase of what is being assembled. While the tech will never be able to predict an earthquake, it can certainly provide a warning giving precious seconds to people and vital systems. Think along the lines of enough time for fire stations to open their doors, automated systems to shut down (gas, electrical, etc.), a surgeon in the middle of open heart surgery to step back with their blade and prepare for adverse conditions... also enough time for people in an office or home to get under cover/ away from dangerous objects.

I just realized that the red cluster of aftershocks is south of the Coso volcanic field... but what is now standing out to me is the gap in aftershocks forming between that northern cluster and the rest of the aftershock trend. That there is a seismic gap, if that area didn't/doesn't move during this sequence, it's still locked and loaded.

Mikey73181

How late is Disneyland open?? Rides reopening at 10pm seems strange to me, you’d think they’d just call it a night. I’m just used to 9pm closures at WDW tho.

HoldenC

How scary!! Glad everyone and Disneyland is safe. I have felt two kiddie quakes when I was in college in the NC mountains. Nothing as intense as these but still jolting enough

Touchdown

Is that like a 10 hour day in wdw with no fastpassed available and a $120 “premium experience” upsell?

You know I really like both resorts for different reason DL isn’t all rainbows and puppy dogs, fireworks and fantasmic are not nightly except in the summer, fireworks get cancelled for wind a lot, DL needs more TS restaurants, there is no Epcot, there isn’t enough shows (animatronic or live,) no water park, and it’s a pain to get over from an airport to the resort. WDW needs to have longer hours though.

TROR

You know I really like both resorts for different reason DL isn’t all rainbows and puppy dogs, fireworks and fantasmic are not nightly except in the summer, fireworks get cancelled for wind a lot, DL needs more TS restaurants, there is no Epcot, there isn’t enough shows (animatronic or live,) no water park, and it’s a pain to get over from an airport to the resort. WDW needs to have longer hours though.
A lot of these can’t even bad things. No water park? Good, those things are filthy. No Fantasmic every night? I wish it didn’t run any night after the refurb.

Also Epcot’s overrated. DCA, at least a few years back, was better than modern Epcot.

socalifornian

Everyone was at the park when they felt it while I was in the shower 😐
If it makes you feel any better we pretty much thought we were evacted from space cuz the ride broke 😆 My group was next in line so we were standing next to the rattling ride. Only felt a little off

Touchdown

Yeah if you don’t enjoy Epcot, we got a problem. Epcot has more live entertainment then practically all of DLR, you never know what show is going to be going on in WS. It has amazing food, is very relaxing, and has 2 of the best animatronic attractions (Spaceship Earth, American Adventure.). Also I know people mock it but Frozenstorm is very impressive, Olaf walks with you right next to your boat, it’s got some great animatronics.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah if you don’t enjoy Epcot, we got a problem. Epcot has more live entertainment then practically all of DLR, you never know what show is going to be going on in WS. It has amazing food, is very relaxing, and has 2 of the best animatronic attractions (Spaceship Earth, American Adventure.). Also I know people mock it but Frozenstorm is very impressive, Olaf walks with you right next to your boat, it’s got some great animatronics.
Ding ding ding...

Comparing Epcot - a completely different concept that cost a BILLION 1980 dollars - to an el cheapo 2000 ride park is way off the reservation to start.

WDW Pro

A lot of these can’t even bad things. No water park? Good, those things are filthy. No Fantasmic every night? I wish it didn’t run any night after the refurb.

Also Epcot’s overrated. DCA, at least a few years back, was better than modern Epcot.

I'll grant you that on Blizzard Beach, but Typhoon Lagoon is superb. As for Epcot, well... Spaceship Earth alone is such an engineering marvel that I'd take Epcot over DCA every single time. If there was just some way to replicate Boma in Epcot somewhere, it would be heaven outside of the summer months. Oh, and well... fix Imagination... but you know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom