A quick Survey

DizneyPryncess

Where are you from?

I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

How often do you usually visit WDW?
I visit 1-2 times per year. One of those trips is a family reunion in Orlando - we actually only do one park day. My other trip is a full fledged Disney trip.

Are you going in 2009?
March is the family reunion, off property. Going again in May for one year anniversary, at the Boardwalk.

adrianuk91

Hey I'm from Leicestershire in the Uk, we have been in 94, 97, 02 and just got back from our holiday there this year. I think on average we have been about ever 4 - 5 years. We will not be going in 2009 as we have just been and I have no idea about the next time we will be able to afford to go. Although I'm thinking about taking a gap year before I go to uni and try and go work a wdw but its early days yet, as I'm only doing my AS levels. It the flights weren't so expensive I think we would go more often.

Boray

Where are you from?
Middleton, Wisconsin (Madison suburb)

How often do you usually visit WDW
Usually, once a year, in October.

Are you going in 2009?
Probably. The economy will not dictate our decision because our income has not been, nor is it likely to be, significantly affected by the economy. We'll be taking a family vacation in 2009 and it will probably be to Disney.

Discuss
We drive every year and even with fluctuating gas prices, the cost to travel there and back (including a hotel stay each way) has only fluctuated over the past 4 years, by about $100 - that's not enough to influence our decision.

The ticket prices are the biggest influence on our decision to go. I buy 10-day, non-expiring, park hoppers and use half for one vacation and the other half for the next one. The price on tickets has jumped well over $600 for our 4 tickets, since 2005. That is where the issue lies for our family.

Food costs have also increased, but we eat very well (daily counter-service lunch and half counter-service dinners and half sit-down dinners during the trip.) and consider that just another aspect of the vacation. We bring in more snacks and purchase fewer while there.

Our trips have averaged around $3700 per year for 11 days away from home (4 travel days). For our family, it's a bargain. As long as we still consider it worth the money, we'll go.

billyd52

I'm from Tennessee and we usually go every other year. Might be more now that the grandkids are getting older and more of them. We have a trip planned for Oct.2009

earldw28

Where are you from? Savannah, GA

How often do you usually visit WDW? 2 or 3 times a year

Are you going in 2009? absolutely, unless I die.

ann0d

Where are you from?
near Reading PA
lately every 2 years
Are you going in 2009?
yes - if I still have a job!

HDS

Where are you Live?

Atlanta, Ga.

Every year

Are you going in 2009?

If Im still working yes.

YankeeMouse

From Chicago.

Usually go 4 to 5 times a year..short 3 to 4 night trips (annual passholders).

Will go in 2009, probably cut down to 3 times, again, short trips. Probably April before the AP is expired, Sept for MNSSHP and Dec for MVMCP.

the-reason14

Where am I from- Deep in the heart fo Texas, H-town to be exact.

How often do I usually go to WDW- It really depends, this year Ive been 3 times, and previous years its been around the same amount. However, I remember a couple of years ago(possibly 05 & 06) where I was fortunate to go about 7 times each in 05 and 06.

Will I be going back in 09- This really depends on if SM is going to be open when I plan to go, and whether or not I really feel like going back down there. If SM is close, then more than likely no. If its open, then maybe, but I may try to go to DL instead.

WIX

I live in the Bay Area in California

I go early December each year.

I will go in early December. I have planned on and promised to take my niece for her very first WDW vacation since she was born. I have told her she has to be seven for her first trip and she reminds me each and every year on her birthday that she is almost there. She will be six this year and she can NOT wait. I think I may be more excited than her though :ROFLOL:

We have taken her to DL many times, but the world, that is something special. We all know that don't we!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
There's been a lot of speculation in other threads as to whether attendance will be down substantially in 2009. Some say definitely, others say the parks are as crowded as ever, at least right now. The way Disney is acting, i.e., entertainment cuts, discount offers, it appears they are expecting a loss in visitors for 2009.

I thought it might be interesting to see what others on these boards are doing next year. I'm mainly asking those that go to WDW from out of state or overseas as an annual vacation. It's obviously a lot less expensive for Floridians to visit frequently, but you're certainly welcome to join the discussion.

As far as our family goes, we've visited at least once per year, every year since 2000, traveling from New England. We will most likely NOT be going this year due to the economic conditions. I just wanted to see if we are in the minortiy or the majority.

So,

Where are you from?

Are you going in 2009?

Discuss.

Edit: Sorry, just realized I posted in Rumors. Feel free to move, Mom.

I just moved to SC last year and we went once last year and once this year. So next year - being that now we are going to be AP holders - we are planning on going three times. Each were to be for long weekends, over our bdays, with a party thrown in (P&P and MNSVSHP), and dining. So for us, we are quadrupling our travel there. That has a lot to do with location now b/c now we are 4.5 hours door to door.

I think that if we still were in MI - we wouldn't go at all (unless we were able to do it with this new 4 for 7 discount - that would have been the only way).

I'm looking forward to my year of Disney!! :lol:

HI!
We live in northern New Jersey.
We have gone to WDW once or twice a year for the past several years.
As for 2009, we booked the bounceback for next August with free dining, but I am sorely tempted to book the new 4/3 deal for February. However, due to the stinky economy, we may not take any vacations at all. DH's salary includes end-of-year bonuses which have made past vacations possible. This year, we don't know what to expect. Unfortunately, we'll find out too late to book the new offer.

I_believe

I have to add my two cents/
I too am from CA, Palm springs to be exact, about 1 1/2 hours away from DL.
DH and I go once every two years. (just went this summer)
We will hopefully go in 2010, but we have plans to go to Germany to visit family, so I'll have to convince DH that two vacations are affordable!

Other than that we go to DL at least 5 times a year.:sohappy:

andy1278

We're from Georgia, so it's not exactly a cross country voyage. We're planning on going for my girlfriend's birthday in January, and we'll probably end up there a few other times. I hope to surprise her with an annual pass for Christmas, which will bring us there all the time. And, um, I hope she doesn't ever read the board.

Susan Savia

Where are you from? Northern Virginia (Suburb of DC)

How often do you visit? Once a year. We drive, we stay offsite and we are annual passholders. Were there this past February.

Are you going in 2009? We are going in January 2009 and are making plans to go for 2010 with daughter and her husband. :)

mcstensrud

Where am I from?
Massachusetts

How many times a year do I go to WDW?
We go 2 or 3 times a year.Usually May and Sept.

Am I going in 09'?
You Bet We Are!!!!!DVC!

smk

I am from Indianapolis, Indiana

Our family has gone to WDW as many as two times a year in the past but that has slowed down these past two years for a number of reason, mostly money.

Our last visit was last month.

Our next visit is not even being planned yet, although the stay 3 or 4 nights (can't remember the promo!) get 3 nights free does sound really appealing. I was thinking of booking that offer to give to our youngest daughter who works her tail off, goes to school and needs a break! I think she would want to take her Mom.....:lol:, or maybe she would really want to take a freind....:shrug:.

If the economy improves and the housing market makes a comeback I can't see us returning to our free spending habits of the past and going on a wim (boy was that fun tho) BUT rather planning a nice week at the world once every couple of years or so.

dixiepixie

Where are you from?

North Carolina...:wave:

How often do you visit?

Every other year for Thanksgiving, started in 1995 (and 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007) ...had a short Thanksgiving weekend trip planned this year, but due to my new job have had to cancel...:( ...but YEAH! new job...:sohappy:

Will you be going in 2009?

YES!!! :) Planning to go for my Birthday weekend in January...GET IN FREE ON MY BIRTHDAY...YES!!!!:D!
And we are moving our Thanksgiving trip to Christmas Week next year...surprising the kids for Christmas this year with it!:xmas:

Disneykidder

Live in NY...hate to drive long distances so we fly.
We have been to Disney every year for the past 3 years. We may go in 2009...it has nothing to do with $, but we will have a 7 month old and are not sure about taking him. We also have a 5 year old who LOVES Disney as much as me! He would be crushed if we didn't go so....we are really torn!:brick:

We actually wanted to go to Disney over Christmas vacation....hotels had deals so we were in. However, the air fare to fly there with the 3 of us would cost about $1800...that is A LOT for air fare so we said forget it.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom