A quick story of my ADR anguish

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Just had to share with those who will appreciate it...i have been trying for weeks to get an earlier breakfast ADR for a particular day of our trip. My son is an early riser and so we figured the sooner we can start our park day, the better. Our time now is fine, but if we can get one earlier that would be awesome.

Yesterday I just happened to take a peek and lo and behold...one was available! I go to book it, and halfway through the process my computer died on me, and when I finally got up and running again...it was gone. Poof! Oh, the pain. :( I keep compulsively checking now, hoping it will somehow magically reappear, and now I'm also questioning whether or not I just imagined it, hahaha....

plaz10

I completely understand the pain. I've already had this happen twice while planning my next trip.

1st - I got up early on my 190 ADR date - and it "wasn't recognizing my reservation number" so I waited an hour and then called. The lady was a moron. And said the only thing available for Crystal Palace was 9:00 am. Now I know that it's very popular that early in the morning but I wanted an 8:00 ADR. So I took the 9 and booked the rest then after I thought "it's totally possible but unlikely" so I called back and the lady was like "oh yea what time do you want - we have an 8:15, 8:20, 8:35, etc..." I just knew that the first lady wasn't doing something right.

2nd - I booked Ohana breakfast for our last day. And then the only direct flight out on our airline was at 2 - so with magical express we'd probably leave at 11 and our ADR was for 10 - so that was cutting it close. Couldn't get another time.

So instead we (magically) found an 8:05 AM reservation for Akershus on another day that EPCOT doesnt open until 9. So that ended up working out.

Hope you get your ressie!

polynesiangirl

Original Poster
Oh no!! I feel your pain. Keep trying. Which restaurant is it?

It's for Tusker House. New times keep popping up so I know it's still possible that I can get an earlier time slot, but I still can't believe the one I wanted disappeared on me that fast! It seriously could not have been more than a couple of minutes' time.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Just had to share with those who will appreciate it...i have been trying for weeks to get an earlier breakfast ADR for a particular day of our trip. My son is an early riser and so we figured the sooner we can start our park day, the better. Our time now is fine, but if we can get one earlier that would be awesome.

Yesterday I just happened to take a peek and lo and behold...one was available! I go to book it, and halfway through the process my computer died on me, and when I finally got up and running again...it was gone. Poof! Oh, the pain. :( I keep compulsively checking now, hoping it will somehow magically reappear, and now I'm also questioning whether or not I just imagined it, hahaha....

Just keep trying! I was able to get the a resort room that I wanted this way. Just check back several times a day!

PolynesianPrincess

It is very frustrating! I've been trying to get a breakfast ADR for Ohana, 1900, Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's because we might have to change a day on our trip and we would lose a TS credit if we weren't able to do a sit down breakfast (every other day we had lunches booked and this day we had a dinner so we could managed a breakfast too) But regular sit down places like Kona Cafe or Whispering Canyon just aren't worth using a credit on so we decided we needed a character meal. FINALLY a spot a Chef Mickey's opened up for 7:50am. Unfortunately it's on a morning that MK opens at 8am but we have no other choice really. It's better than losing a credit!!! Keep checking and I'll cross my fingers for you that something opens up!!!!!

Sunshineglow68

Oh I feel your pain. :( Keep trying, everyday, several times a day. I did and got an ADR at Ohana's and also an earlier one for Whispering Canyon. There is still one more that I'd like to get an earlier one for and will keep checking until the day we leave. Good Luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom