A plywood door with a padlock in PotC queue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcotFanForever

The door is removed. Behind said door lies a new dock area with more cannonball-attacked structures. If I had my camera on me I would have taken some pictures tonight, but I just wanted to pop in and say "drop the pitchforks".

For reference, you now WALK through this area and around a corner before continuing on the same path as the queue previously. It's literally about a 10 foot detour.

It's bad show to remove the door while the folks in this thread are still carrying-on about it. If Walt were alive he would have let the controversy continue.

alphac2005

It is an enhancement that doesn't close the attraction during the slowing part of the summer. I don't understand how anybody could have a problem with this.

Petty.

Petty?

Bad show. It's not petty when it's a yet another example of hundreds, if not thousands of issues that plague the Orlando property. Disney set their own standard, so it's expected that they could follow it.

I find it to be funny that these forums for years endlessly bashed Universal, Six Flags, etc. for their terrible show, lousy queues, broken attractions, construction in full view of the guests, yet, now we have many of those same types coming to the defense of this corporation.

Sorry, we pay a ridiculously inflated price to go to Walt Disney World today. It doesn't seem too hard to hide a construction door in the queue. High expectations? You bet. Disney established that years ago. Why do so many keep making excuses for The Walt Disney Company? The Orlando property is systemically plagued by a management team that clearly thinks that the consumer is a bunch of morons and all they care to do is to pad their spreadsheets.

GrumpyFan

"OMG, I HOPE THAT DOOR IS GONE BEFORE MY VACATION OR IT WILL BE RUINED!"

What a bunch of ridiculous complainers we are!
We complain because of nothing new being added, or nothing significant, yet when they attempt to do something like this, we complain about that too.

Mind you, I don't think Disney is perfect, and, as with everything/everybody there is always room for improvement, but come on, must we be so nit-picky critical about every little thing done, especially when it's obviously something they're attempting to fix or improve. As pointed out, they could shut down the attraction to make these improvements, which in the end would just lead to even more complaints from people who are actually at the parks.

Seriously people, get a life, you all sound like Al Lutz.

RSoxNo1

Unavoidable eyesores should be non-issues. Things like this, where it is just laziness, that is an issue.
How is this laziness? It's an active construction area. Look 5 feet to the right of the door.

I can believe the Pirates and ToT doors, but I feel like the Star Tours and Monsters Inc. doors are photoshopped. Especially how the Monsters Inc. door is distorted at the bottom.

Oh and Jungle Cruise door = Photoshopped. But that was funny!
Nothing gets by you.

Mammymouse

I saw the door on Sunday when we were in a rather long line, which stretched out into the entrance area. It was kind of raining so I think any attraction that was inside had a decent line at that point in the day. Anyway I saw the door and it was relatively close to the load area, which I think made me notice and remember it even more so. I am used to seeing a door or two outside where there are construction walls, but I have never noticed one inside a queue like that before. Like the OP I was really startled to see it, especially so close to loading - it kind of stuck in my head as being odd. There are scrims all around it but there was no attempt to disguise the door. I'm not getting out of control over it, but I wonder what is so important behind it that has to have a "security" type door. I think that got my curiosity more that if it was just a scrim.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
How is this laziness? It's an active construction area. Look 5 feet to the right of the door.

Nothing gets by you.

IMO, it's laziness. This is something that would be very easy to conceal, or at the very least make less intrusive. Quite frankly if it was painted gray it would be an improvement. They did not do anything to try and reduce the intrusion. That's lazy to me.

pbrstreet

Oh the door may be gone but its spirit lingers. PoTC will never be he same for me. I'll always be thinking 'was this the spot, the scene of the crime?'. Those childhood memories erased. What about my children? How do I tell them? 'Johnny, no, pirates didn't use plywood in the 1700s...yes, I know they didn't use animatronics either but that's not the point. Little one, it's about evil men in suits with spreadsheets...what's a spreadsheet you ask? Oh, Johnny never lose your innocence.'

The Mom

Premium Member
Well, I'm relieved that the door is gone - I don't think anyone, regardless of opinion, is sorry to see it go. Time to put this away and wait for the next complaint. Or compliment, if so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom