Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oh, that's so nice of the woman for offering to switch! Having never been there, I have a question because this just made me realize we may have an issue. I understand that you are matched up with a banshee to ride...does it just give you a number and you go to the ride vehicle with that number? Or are you seated in the same vicinity as your family? DS will freak out if he's not next to one of us.

Every time we have ridden FOP we have been given consecutive numbers and have always been seated in the order of our numbers. At least for us that is how it has always been. The cast member tells you what number to stand on and then after the preshow you are let in and seated in that order.

dizfan917

Now in all honesty, I can't recall if I consciously sent out 'specific good vibes' to your hubby, but I did go to the zoo here in Milwaukee and went on my own safari of sorts and then celebrated with some sweet treats with my cast of BILLY ELLIOT at rehearsal that night, so we were kind of 'in sync' throughout the day! I'd like to think I'm always sending positive energy out in to the World, so I will accept a teeny tiny little part of the 'blame' for Ross' positive return experience.

In the company I work work for we're always encouraged to treat our customers with kindness and listen to their reasons for returns or exchanges on an individual basis and then act accordingly. We've even rewarded customers who have brought in stacks of old, expired coupons with SOMETHING for their trouble since they actually held on to those coupons and made their way in to the store to redeem them. I wonder if that was the Manager's way of approaching the Crocs return as well? In any event, I'm glad it worked out well for everyone involved.

It was a Happy September 17th all around!! Yipppeeeeee!! :geek:

KBLovedDisney

I was so ready to leave, but we were all a little hungry. Since we were in Pandora, Ross suggested that we go into Satu’li Canteen for a quick bite. I was hesitant. I wanted everyone hungry for Ohanna but I also didn’t want anyone getting that hangry feeling, so I just asked if we could split something. Everyone agreed. I suggested to Ross that I mobile order, but he was dead set against it. I have no idea why – says he rather get in line and talk to a human. The line was a bit immense and since I was really wanting to leave AK, I was not so happy.
View attachment 349058

Once we got to the front of the line, the idea of splitting a meal went out the window along with mobile ordering. Julia saw a dish with shrimp and Ross thought the cheeseburger pods sounded good. I asked if we could split those 2 meals, but the original plan to get the chicken and beef bowl was not laving Ross’ brain. So we ended up with a ton of food.

View attachment 349059View attachment 349060View attachment 349061

When we finished ordering our meals, Julia pipes up with, “What about dessert?” I didn’t think it was a good idea, but she really wanted to try the “blue puffy thing” she saw pictures of. I gave up and ordered it only to have her ask, “Is it chocolate?” No - it’s not chocolate – but they do have a chocolate dessert. So yes, we ended up with both.

View attachment 349062

After we paid, Ross suggested the girls and I go get a table. It was busy and he didn’t want to be walking around with a huge tray of food. So I walked over to the table section only to be stopped by a CM who wouldn’t let me pass without food. I showed him my receipt and pointed to Ross who was waiting for the food and told him I was going to get us settled in a seat. He finally let us pass and it was a good thing, because it took us quite a bit to find a space for us.

The food was okay, but I really didn’t enjoy it. I think I was too concerned with our O’hanna dinner. I thought we were finally out of there, but Julia really wanted to ride Dinosaur one more time. So off we went.

View attachment 349063View attachment 349064View attachment 349066

This is our pic from earlier in the day.

View attachment 349067
Sorry to put this here, but I couldn't stop giggling at this guy's expression.🤣

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

fractal

So completely off topic.... Legoland is building a resort and theme park about ten minutes from our house. It is supposed to be bigger than the park in Orlando, so needless to say, my Hope is beyond excited! She found out that they were running a contest for a kid reporter and decided that wanted to give it a shot. I wanted to share it with you guys - I'm so proud of her! (But I feel as though she is betraying poor Mickey! lol)

Wow! Great job Hope!

MeeskaMooska0714

So completely off topic.... Legoland is building a resort and theme park about ten minutes from our house. It is supposed to be bigger than the park in Orlando, so needless to say, my Hope is beyond excited! She found out that they were running a contest for a kid reporter and decided that wanted to give it a shot. I wanted to share it with you guys - I'm so proud of her! (But I feel as though she is betraying poor Mickey! lol)

Oh my goodness!!! She did so so awesome!! What a natural - I hope she gets picked! :)

SweetEvangeline

If they don’t choose her, they are CRAZY!!! She’s amazing!!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Congratulations to Ross on the return of the Crocs!

Thank you!

Totally worth the wait!!! Nice work Ross!

Thank you!

Well that was certainly nice of the manager to do that when they have a strict policy. I bet it was the full story that really entertained them.

I have a feeling that CM went home and told the story a few times! lol

That was an awesome conclusion!! So well written. I was nervous when you all started feeling sick that the good vibes might be gone. So glad it worked out for the best. Thanks for sharing your story!!

Thank you! I was so nervous the whole time.

I was dreading the end of the crocs story so I’m glad it worked out!

I can't believe he managed it, but yes, I'm relived I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Oh, that's so nice of the woman for offering to switch! Having never been there, I have a question because this just made me realize we may have an issue. I understand that you are matched up with a banshee to ride...does it just give you a number and you go to the ride vehicle with that number? Or are you seated in the same vicinity as your family? DS will freak out if he's not next to one of us.

Yes - she was a sweetheart. You are grouped with your family - so your DS can be right next to you. The issue with Hope was that where her number was - she couldn't see the screen ahead of her and I think she believed she really needed to "see" everything clearly to make the transfer to her Avatar possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom