• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Advertisement
When Ross returned to POP, I was sitting by the pool watching the kids, and when he walked over to me, I knew from the look on his face something was up.

Apparently, he was at EPCOT, in his glory, consuming the last of our meal credits – well almost all of them. Somewhere between the filet mignon in Canada and the ice cream macaroon sandwich in France, he noticed something on the ground. As he walked by, he scooped it up and as he walked, he looked to see what it was. It was a small pouch and when he opened it up, he discovered about $450.00 in cash, a Disney Chase credit card, a Disney Rewards Redemption Card and a license of the owner, who was a woman from NJ.

He said he paused for a moment to see if he saw anyone frantically searching around – but no. He said he saw a bunch of people walk right by it on the ground without even giving it a second glance. Immediately, he said two angels hopped on his shoulders, one with a halo and the other with devil horns, both with Mickey ears. The one was saying, “You have to find the owner!” while the other was taunting him to take the money and run! He confessed he did think about how many filet mignons he could buy with the $, or a nice deposit on a future trip or more stuff for the girls. But he’s not kidding me – it’s not in him.

He left EPCOT and when he got back to POP he went to the front desk and showed them the license and asked if they could tell him if the woman was staying on property. They wouldn’t give him any info other than confirming that yes- she was a guest and staying on property. He then asked if they could contact her immediately because she was having a very bad day. He gave them her wallet and they promised they would take care of it and make sure she got it back.

I asked him why he didn’t return it at EPCOT and he said he didn’t know what to do at first. He wanted to make sure it got back to her and knew he also had to get back to POP, so he said he did his thinking on the way back.

If it hadn’t been our last day, we both agreed that we would have tried to personally find the woman and return it to her, but since we only had a couple of hours left, we put our trust in the CM’s and hoped the money found its way back to her.

I conceded that he had the more adventurous day and we called the girls out of the pool to dry off and have a bite to eat before we left.

D95B6949-57E6-488E-A468-403CC32E8890.jpeg83E9D747-9BFF-4B3D-82A8-DCD1A16B6AF3.jpeg5F7F1A7F-7BF1-41C0-98BF-44E780B9242C.jpeg

Hope who is usually, not too picky when it comes to food decided she really wanted chicken and French fries. Well don’t you know, the kitchen was having some kind of issue and that entire section was closed! I was able to get her some mac & cheese, but she wasn’t too happy about it. Julia got pizza, which she said wasn’t that great and I wasn’t to thrilled with my chicken. I think we were probably too sad to really enjoy food.

7E26A2DC-6BCB-4626-AE61-84008117C5B1.jpegC4B0C2AA-FA6A-4E69-8D7D-0CC617983BE0.jpegBA79D4CF-13EB-417E-98DD-F96E4CF60320.jpegE24715B4-CBA5-4E55-B1D8-9145BE63BDFB.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We still had about 7 snack credits left, so I sent Ross to the gift shop to get candy. I have always hated having to do that at the last minute because it would always be stressful and he was happy because he says I never get the kind of candy he likes. Lol

Soon enough our TE arrived and we boarded.

41EA9C42-0AEB-4293-91DD-2D9155396C92.jpeg89969CE6-B758-4051-BE66-21500B947996.jpeg84321DE4-8F81-42D1-AD36-AFF684ACE047.jpeg

603CD922-F4CC-42B6-9336-4769CF8DCE52.jpeg

B182165E-AD76-4E32-BC6C-EF77B2DCE82E.jpeg

When we got to security, I tried to move us through as quickly as possible I grabbed our stuff and made sure the girls were good. That’s when I noticed Ross was no longer behind me. I looked around only to see him being frisked by security. He shook his head at me and threw up his hands. We have no idea what the problem is…

Once we were on the monorail to the gates, I realized that we were missing one of our bags! In all the commotion, I didn’t notice and I thought I had everything. Ross took the girls and went to the gate while I rode back to security. I described the bag but no one seemed to have it. Then I saw it – it was flagged to be checked, but no one said anything to me as we were walking through. I waited until a guard brought it over to me and searched it. It was the bag with all the Disney candy! I heard that some people were having problems with that. The guard grunted, “It’s the candy!” and then returned the bag to me and I was off to the gate.

Things were surprisingly uneventful after that except that our flight was delayed about an hour but I forget why. We boarded the plane and had a decent flight home except that the plane seemed to be going really fast on the dissent. Julia’s ears were bothering her a bit – but nothing too terrible.

8B935795-56A8-4875-AB04-F0FD436782F8.jpegFA92A3B1-8DF7-4634-8AC8-0C715E34419E.jpegD7F688BE-E563-4EFD-8864-969D9BAC4F22.jpeg

I am happy to report that NO one threw up at the airport and Ross and I both had our house keys, so no worries there. Soon we were home safe and sound.

And there you have it… another truly wonderful vacation.

Thanks so much to all of you who have followed along, given such kind comments, and have been so patient for me to finish. It’s so much fun to relive the journey with all of you.

We are returning in September (God willing) and I hope to have my pre-trip up really soon – like maybe tonight? lol

See you real soon!!!

Last edited:

krisri18

Never a dull moment with Ross around huh? lol Great trip report as always, your girls are getting to be so grown up! Looking forward to the next one!

Spash007

Oh man that was a lot of adventure on the last day! I definitely was on the edge of my seat a few times. But I also loved this report, and am glad the next one is right around the corner!

PS - I can’t be the only one who thought Crocs were going to be involved in that last day Epcot adventure, can I??

Pooh'smate

Yellow Badger Since 2018
Premium Member
I so enjoyed you trip report. I am glad that it was nothing bad, at least for Ross, that happened at Epcot. Looking forward to your next report.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Sounds like it was an amazing trip and I loved reading every bit of it. Can’t wait to read the next trip report!
Thanks so much! Love reading your reports too!

Never a dull moment with Ross around huh? lol Great trip report as always, your girls are getting to be so grown up! Looking forward to the next one!
Never a dull moment is right! lol Thanks so much for reading along!

Oh man that was a lot of adventure on the last day! I definitely was on the edge of my seat a few times. But I also loved this report, and am glad the next one is right around the corner!

PS - I can’t be the only one who thought Crocs were going to be involved in that last day Epcot adventure, can I??
Haha! No more Crocs!!! (Hopefully) Hope is the only family member who still wears them happily.

I so enjoyed you trip report. I am glad that it was nothing bad, at least for Ross, that happened at Epcot. Looking forward to your next report.
Thank you so much for following along with us!!

Thanks for the great TR. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Thanks so much! Hope to get the next TR started soon!

As always, a great trip report! Looking forward to your pre-trip report 😊
Thanks so much for following along!

Your family is awesome. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Thank you!!

Loved your report as per usual, and I’ll continue to tune into your next one even if it takes 10 months to complete 😂
Haha - you never know - that seems to be my speed of TRs! lol Thanks for having patience with me!

Definitely was not - it was 2 am for me when you posted. But that meant it gave me something enjoyable to read with my coffee this morning 😃

Glad the Ross story turned out well (at least for him - we can only assume it turned out well for the woman who lost her wallet)
I love having my morning coffee and reading TRs!! I really hope she got everything back. I wish we could have had a way to be sure.

Can’t wait to hear about the next trip!
Thanks so much! Hope to get started soon!

Thanks for coming back to finish this up!! Great TR as always!! Looking forward to hearing about the next one!!
Thanks so much! And thanks for having the patience for me to finish!

I thoroughly enjoyed your report and I'm so glad you were able to finish it! I love seeing how the girls have grown each year!
Thank you! They are getting too big - too fast!!

Loved your report! Your last day definitely had some bumps. So glad they all turned out well.
I’ll be here for your next adventure!
What's a TR if you don't have "bumps" right? lol Thanks so much for reading!!

Songbird76

After Splash, we took on the wildest ride in the wilderness.

View attachment 388654View attachment 388655View attachment 388656

Julia decided to get a Mickey Ice Cream so she waited on line. The CM noticed her B-Day button and gave it her free! So sweet!

View attachment 388657

We took a break from the heat and watched Mickey’s Philarmagic.

View attachment 388658View attachment 388659View attachment 388660

Ross and I were arguing about something. Actually I think we were just on each other's last nerve. So I told him to sit by himself for the show.

View attachment 388661

Of course, Ross being Ross manages to make friends during the show!

View attachment 388662
So, was that the "husband in the doghouse" section?

Songbird76

Back at POP, we headed right for the pools, and of course Hope wanted to swim in each one; so we started with the computer pool, then the bowling pin pool and finally ended up in Hippy Dippy.

View attachment 389268View attachment 389270View attachment 389271View attachment 389272View attachment 389273View attachment 389274View attachment 389277

View attachment 389269

It wasn’t the “last” day I had planned, but it was actually really nice and enjoyable. It would nice not to have to worry about getting a bus back to the resort or fearing missing the TE, so I was really able to relax – something I NEVER do on our last day of WDW. It was a satisfying feeling not to have to worry about any shenanigans. Little did I know what was happing over at EPCOT…
Ross can't make his own fastpasses?

Top Bottom