Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Beautiful family and an excellent TR! Was very nice to experience along with you. Hope you go again soon.
Thank you so much for reading along!!

Way to go Julia.
Thank you!

How sweet of Julia. I’m sure her kindness was so appreciated.
She is my sweet girl. Funny, because she really didn't see it as a big deal - but yes, and she still remembers him.

I'm always amazed at how much a simple kindness from one person can make the world of difference for the other. Super proud of Julia, and she's not even my kid!! I can only imagine how proud you are of her.
chandelier.gif
Thank you! Yes- I am always proud of my girls!

Once again, your kids' kindness and manners impress me. Good job not just to Julia, but to you too for raising such great kids!
Awww... thanks so much!

What a beautiful thing Julia did. I teared up reading that.❤
Thank you!

You must be so proud of Julia! Such a simple gesture but such a loud message 😀
I am so proud of her. Sometimes I worry she's too kind in a not so kind world. (Outside of WDW lol)

Thank you!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I was ready to leave MK, but Hope and Julia needed to see Monsters one last time – so off we went, back to Tomorrowland.

BC0BB921-600C-486B-92B9-104C1D26AC7C.jpeg
21491310-6FA5-40A8-A644-DA35F292E1AF.jpeg

Julia also wanted to find a T-shirt that we had seen one of our first days in the park. Unfortunately, it was out of stock EVERYWHERE. Lesson learned – if she sees something next time, buy it then and don’t wait!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
As we were getting ready to leave, the castle show was taking place and Hope wanted to see it before we left.

863D60F4-0EFB-4579-BB6F-8B5797628ADD.jpeg
B06810F4-B646-4D0E-91DD-ECBE220DACF3.jpeg
A02526D6-1A38-4A2D-A334-31D8A1024FCA.jpeg
BC929411-16F1-4B66-9E29-58D758A65445.jpeg
295FE3AA-8476-4E51-8CDE-466E02A3651C.jpeg

So Julia and I found it as a perfect opportunity to get one more Dole Whip. We left Ross with Hope and dashed over to Adventureland.

5E6AC7E1-BC20-41CD-BC9D-3682D9C0BD8E.jpeg

When we got there, the line was tremendous! So I did something I had been wanting to do all week!

A55E3C1A-D417-42BC-B45F-22A532F4CE6F.jpg

So easy and so fast!!!

5F8C717E-204C-4063-B7F3-6FAC1BF68E9F.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
When we were done, we went to say goodbye to Figment, but the pavilion had already closed! We were so sad. The same thing happened a few trips back and Hope had a HUGE meltdown, so it was nice that this time she just made a sad face. I think Julia and I were more upset than she was!

DC6D96CF-FE52-4556-8398-EBF6CD314558.jpeg

We went to ride SOARN and realized that LWTL was also closed for the night.

7F87DACD-45A8-4190-9B12-936444470B73.jpeg

The end of the night was coming too soon. Julia wanted to do the Orange Mission Space, so Ross braved the ride to Mars while Hope and I just orbited the earth.

A44EE636-91BC-4F2C-90A6-AD1AE05026D5.jpeg

Finally we rode Test Track one last time.

A78D44E5-925F-464E-9A62-0D64A2B6A0CF.jpeg

7A35E2CA-CAB5-42F7-AA55-FEC1534189D2.jpeg
D9C5C241-FD3E-4E76-9329-3F0B35C014C2.jpeg
0A6A03A5-D7FA-4477-A59E-C25ED3F4E0A7.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_413382302735.jpg

Then it was time to head out.

Rista1313

mmm All that snacking around the WS looks good! Looking forward to food and wine this year, since I've only been to flower and garden.

Good thing you got that picture in front of that Tomorrowland sign! They took it down this week and they are putting up a new one soon I guess. Not sure why they felt the need to spend money on that... I like the current one!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Then it was time to head out.

C781C9F5-AC7E-40D1-903D-4CA5B4E61493.jpeg

Julia really wanted to hop on Spaceship earth one last time, but Hope was done, so I told Ross to take Julia on, while Hope and I headed back to POP. On the way out, they stopped for a picture.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_413382243189.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_414155782795.JPG

The bus line for POP was tremendous! By the time Hope and I got on a bus, we saw Ross and Julia heading to the line. They actually ended up on the same bus as us – so we all rode back together.

Once back at the resort, the kids crashed. Ross and I walked to the food court to fill our mugs and pay off our bill. When we returned to the room, Ross fell asleep while I stayed up to pack. I finished up around 2:00AM and then crashed.

Up Next: Ross Goes Solo

Figment Forever

Original Poster
mmm All that snacking around the WS looks good! Looking forward to food and wine this year, since I've only been to flower and garden.

Good thing you got that picture in front of that Tomorrowland sign! They took it down this week and they are putting up a new one soon I guess. Not sure why they felt the need to spend money on that... I like the current one!

It was sooooo yummy! I get so full though! I want to try everything, but I usually end up getting my same favorites, especially that lamb chop! lol We had a bunch of QS meals left, so we actually used one in exchange for 3 items at several of the booths. That was really nice to do because we would have never used all those QS meals we had left!

LeighM

That story about the pins made me tear up! It reminded me of my friends son who is non verbal and people tend to ignore him because they forget that just because he can't speak, doesn't mean he can't hear. So it really means a lot when someone is acknowledged. You raised a good one!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I love squishy love-y pictures! Yours is lovely!
Thanks!!

That story about the pins made me tear up! It reminded me of my friends son who is non verbal and people tend to ignore him because they forget that just because he can't speak, doesn't mean he can't hear. So it really means a lot when someone is acknowledged. You raised a good one!
Awwww.... Thanks so much! It's funny because I think having Hope being non-verbal for so long put us all into the "mode" of talking to some who can't "speak" back. - So we are use to it and don't really feel uncomfortable in those situations. But you are right, Hope has also been ignored at times by people who can't figure out how to talk to her.

I love the picture of Julia and Ross together - it’s the type of photo that can evoke so many memories when redeem years down the line. 😀
Yes - I'm so glad they stopped for it!

They are such lovely pictures of you all from Magic Kingdom! And that picture of those piggy wings is making my mouth water.
Those Piggy wings are definitely on our must dos for the next trip! lol Thanks for reading along!

Glad your back to finish the report, Julia's pin story melted my heart you are raising such good kids.
Thank you so much!! She is an amazing kid and I'm proud of her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom