Trip Report A New Hope, A New Day *COMPLETED*

That’s not a Star Wars reference.

Longtime readers of my trip reports know Star Wars isn’t my thing (although I immensely enjoy Rise of the Resistance.)

Fireworks are my thing. 💥 Like a moth to a flame, I am instinctively drawn to bursts of brilliant sparkles and colors in the sky. Just ask my family how quickly I’ve stopped whatever I’m doing to find the source of nighttime booms! I have serious fireworks FOMO.

Disney fireworks....especially Magic Kingdom fireworks....always flood me with nostalgia, happy memories and hope. After a long pandemic year, I know I am not alone in my yearning for hope of better days ahead.

Every step we take
Brings a new hope
A new day

The return of Disney fireworks, for me, is a sign that things are improving. Hooray!!

But there won’t be any pyro on my upcoming trip. And that’s ok. This vacation was booked with the assumption there would be no nighttime entertainment. (However when rumors began to suggest fireworks in July…..well let’s just say there might be another reservation in MDE for us.)

Who’s us?

877B7809-2BB7-4CEE-A5F3-9DB3FA569FE9.jpeg

Mother/daughter travel buddies, Tuvalu and Em. We last visited together in early April. We were there the day the mask mandate was dropped for stationary pictures.

Today the mask mandate for all those vaccinated has been suspended and we couldn’t be happier! We won’t have to be shrouded in a daft disguise again this summer! 😉

I am not planning to do a full live report but may post a daily update. I’ll fill in the details when our vacation is over.

T-minus 3 days.
June 19 - 26, 2021
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Will any other Magicians make an appearance? Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 568266

It’s club level rooms only. Oops, my bad.
I would have preferred that on the wall rather than the geode panel!

Not a fan of that tub situation! I would definitely have trouble giving LP a bath in that since I usually sit on the edge of the tub. I am trying to even come up with a reason for it...what's wrong with a shower curtain? Besides maybe having to wash/replace them?
Tub doors were a bad idea in the 80s and are still a bad idea. It’s less labor to launder a curtain than to scrub two half doors!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day One, con’t

Riding the boat sans mask was great, but entering the MK mask-free was even better. There was no trapped heat against my face and no humidity fogging up my glasses.

5C814E47-2E86-4897-8D2A-BD58D61C6ABE.jpeg

My Pooh friends were out to greet us!

F26BAC2C-AD01-41C4-8D29-2B4D4D8CC270.jpeg

There was no line for the PPP stationed at Roy and Minnie’s spot so we had our picture taken.

3B55D015-98DA-40C6-A5D9-8FFF9942C338.jpeg

Nothing unusual in this pic, amiright @Loco_driver? 😉

F04D8ECC-1771-4375-A1FC-07889829316D.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was no question which attraction would be first.

BFB49589-322C-441B-83D7-F1C33276D9B5.jpeg

C’mon, we’re wearing the shirt!

55154828-7AD9-47C1-8A2A-5BBC1D1CB0FF.jpeg

I had four spins on the Peoplemover during my last vacation with Woody, but this was Em’s first ride since February 2020. She couldn’t wait!

95E7F6E0-E1DB-4EF2-A94E-18DEACE4181B.jpeg

Oh what’s that behind her? Is it the infamous orange cone?

Before we boarded, three more cones passed by….

4A5927BE-F654-45CA-A5D5-75BC182D4407.jpeg

14EA32FE-6CCF-4D4A-9636-E1F9AEA1F5CE.jpeg

0F90BC9F-C7C0-4F61-B2DA-821AFC5614AC.jpeg

….as did another one while we were en route.

78639056-0CD0-4FBE-A857-0100FC9FCB09.jpeg

THE PEOPLEMOVER HAD OVER A YEAR-LONG REFURB AND THERE ARE STILL ORANGE CONES??!!

We also stopped twice. We remained in this spot for several minutes. Was hoping for an evac, but nope.

B664CFB6-B3D1-4ACE-A040-51037D2A38CA.jpeg

Happy riders nevertheless.

E56EF06D-FB83-41D2-97A5-188EDA3A9BF8.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

And I am ready to escape the awful stress I’ve been under the last several weeks.
OOOOOOOhhhhhh, I hoped Disney helped! I've found a good dose of it always takes the edge off! Hang in there and I hope the stress eases up soon!
The large framed geode is actually a light. It is turned on in the picture below.
The geode is a pretty cool touch!
We really missed the ceiling fan.
I’ve noticed ceiling fans have been removed even from rooms that haven’t had a recent refurb (looking at you, GF!)
Why do you think they are removing the ceiling fans? A budget reason? I really loved having the fans on when I visit!
It was at this moment we discovered just how dumb this dessert was. The white marshmallow (center) was impenetrable and came up in one piece, stuck on her fork.

“It’s Flubber!” Em cried. She wasn’t kidding. It had the consistency of a flexible rubber hose.
Man....sorry she wasted her money! It's hard to pick the right thing on the mobile app without a great view.
“I should have known since it’s covered in glitter it must be something bad,” said teacher Em
Ummmm....I tend to LOVE all of WDW's cupcakes covered in glitter, although sometimes there's just too much frosting and I can only eat about half of it before the sugar crash. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :arghh:
Riding the boat sans mask was great, but entering the MK mask-free was even better. There was no trapped heat against my face and no humidity fogging up my glasses.
YES. VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO NOT having my sunglasses always fog up on this trip!
We also stopped twice. We remained in this spot for several minutes. Was hoping for an evac, but nope.
Why would you hope for an evac?

Also...yay for Part Tu! <3

Matt and Kelly

Wow the rooms look gorgeous! And definitely a lot brighter. We have never had a ceiling fan, but this week we have a 40 degree weather and we are dying! A ceiling fan would have definitely helped. Also 40 above weather is not common so no AC. The current reading in the house is 35…….
I love seeing everyone’s maskless smiles! It must be such a weird feeling but a great one I’m sure!
kelly

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tuvalu , Thanks for sharing the WL refurbished room photos. They look nice, clean, and modern.

That aside, have to admit that I miss the previous design. They just felt more homey and welcoming to me, but that's just my opinion, and guess I'm a dinosaur. 🦖 ;)

(P.S.: No clock, again . . . but you got a dandy, glaring geode light display as a consolation prize!) :joyfull:

Songbird76

I'm like you on the new cast member dress code, I love it, but it was jarring at first :hilarious: The guy activating our APs had dark nail polish and I made sure to compliment it. I am glad Disney is relaxing and allowing more expression!
Do you know if it extends to hair dye? I had a friend who always has bright red/pink hair and when she worked at Disney, she had to dye it back to a "natural" color. I think it would be awesome to have CMs with like the multi-colored hair with blue, purple, aqua, etc.

Laurenciaa

There was no question which attraction would be first.

View attachment 568282

C’mon, we’re wearing the shirt!

View attachment 568283

I had four spins on the Peoplemover during my last vacation with Woody, but this was Em’s first ride since February 2020. She couldn’t wait!

View attachment 568284

Oh what’s that behind her? Is it the infamous orange cone?

Before we boarded, three more cones passed by….

View attachment 568285

View attachment 568286

View attachment 568287

….as did another one while we were en route.

View attachment 568289

THE PEOPLEMOVER HAD OVER A YEAR-LONG REFURB AND THERE ARE STILL ORANGE CONES??!!

View attachment 568288

Happy riders nevertheless.

View attachment 568290
Ahh there they are! The Three Cone Caballeros!!

Thank you for sharing part Tu!!

Ears to Disney

The newly refurbished rooms at WL look very nice! I wouldn't mind the shower doors as opposed to curtains, but I can see if you had children that would not be very practical for bathing purposes. I was the same way with the CM's new looks. Took me aback at first because it is so out of the norm. Ahh...the Peoplemover. We were so very happy to enjoy it again in May! Love the shirts! 😊

sheriffwoody

Do you know if it extends to hair dye? I had a friend who always has bright red/pink hair and when she worked at Disney, she had to dye it back to a "natural" color. I think it would be awesome to have CMs with like the multi-colored hair with blue, purple, aqua, etc.
No I think it still has to be a naturally occurring color.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Why do you think they are removing the ceiling fans? A budget reason? I really loved having the fans on when I visit!
I think it's both a style choice (designers avoid them) and less maintenance (not having to clean the blades.)

Ummmm....I tend to LOVE all of WDW's cupcakes covered in glitter,
But as a teacher, do you like projects covered in glitter? :in pain:
the great gatsby glitter GIF

Why would you hope for an evac?
Kelly Clarkson Nbc GIF by The Voice

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

No I think it still has to be a naturally occurring color.
From the new Cast Member handbook:

HAIRSTYLING & HAIR COLORING

Hairstyles that are clean and well maintained represent our Disney brand. Hair length, including completely shaved styling, is at the Cast Member’s discretion. Hair below shoulder length should be secured if it falls forward over the face or covers the nametag while working. If the hair color is changed, it should be well maintained and in natural occurring hues. Examples of hair colors that are not considered natural would be colors such as blue, green, pink, purple, etc. The shaving of lines or shapes in the hair is permitted provided they do not depict offensive words or symbols.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow the rooms look gorgeous! And definitely a lot brighter. We have never had a ceiling fan, but this week we have a 40 degree weather and we are dying! A ceiling fan would have definitely helped. Also 40 above weather is not common so no AC. The current reading in the house is 35…….
I love seeing everyone’s maskless smiles! It must be such a weird feeling but a great one I’m sure!
kelly
Wow, your temps are much warmer in the north than ours in the south!
hot donald duck GIF

And It was great to see smiling faces again!

@Tuvalu , Thanks for sharing the WL refurbished room photos. They look nice, clean, and modern.
That aside, have to admit that I miss the previous design. They just felt more homey and welcoming to me, but that's just my opinion, and guess I'm a dinosaur. 🦖 ;)
(P.S.: No clock, again . . . but you got a dandy, glaring geode light display as a consolation prize!) :joyfull:
From one 🦕to another ~
I agree the previous room design felt more homey.
And we had a clock.....my travel one! :joyfull:

I was the same way with the CM's new looks. Took me aback at first because it is so out of the norm.
Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
View attachment 568266

It’s club level rooms only. Oops, my bad.
THAT is not a normal Club Level room.....I have seen them in videos and they have the woodsy wall behind, and that tiny window? I simply cannot place it.....🧐 Ooooooooooh I want to go exploring......😎
Must be one of the different rooms, the larger units, honeymoon? Interesting.........But I love that print!!💕

THANK YOU @Tuvalu for all the wonderful photos and trip report! :D My very favorite resort......🥰

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
THAT is not a normal Club Level room.....I have seen them in videos and they have the woodsy wall behind, and that tiny window? I simply cannot place it.....🧐 Ooooooooooh I want to go exploring......😎
Must be one of the different rooms, the larger units, honeymoon? Interesting.........But I love that print!!💕

THANK YOU @Tuvalu for all the wonderful photos and trip report! :D My very favorite resort......🥰
I'm betting it is one of the suites.

Thank you for following along, @Tinkwings. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom