A look at the Haunted Mansion revised pre-show

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Having not experienced the new pre-show, I don't have enough information to really formulate an opinion either way. On the surface, I'm thinking that missing the stretching room will diminish my overall experience, but I'll wait before coming to that conclusion.

What interests me most - is that with all the changes in policies and procedures, there may be things that stick. Possibly because it's just a better way to do things. So I'm looking at the modifications from first, a safety/health perspective and secondly from a what does this do to the experience perspective.

I think accidentally, Disney will run across a few things that may live on after things normalize. Not saying HM is one of these. But it might be.

Raineman

Having not experienced the new pre-show, I don't have enough information to really formulate an opinion either way. On the surface, I'm thinking that missing the stretching room will diminish my overall experience, but I'll wait before coming to that conclusion.

What interests me most - is that with all the changes in policies and procedures, there may be things that stick. Possibly because it's just a better way to do things. So I'm looking at the modifications from first, a safety/health perspective and secondly from a what does this do to the experience perspective.

I think accidentally, Disney will run across a few things that may live on after things normalize. Not saying HM is one of these. But it might be.
I hope this change at HM isn’t permanent. The dialogue in the foyer and the stretching room is the intro to the entire attraction, and should be heard in full. It sets the mood for the rest of the ride, and introduces you to the Ghost Host. If this becomes a walk through all the way to the doom buggies, the stretching room is just a meaningless room, and that can’t happen.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I hope this change at HM isn’t permanent. The dialogue in the foyer and the stretching room is the intro to the entire attraction, and should be heard in full. It sets the mood for the rest of the ride, and introduces you to the Ghost Host. If this becomes a walk through all the way to the doom buggies, the stretching room is just a meaningless room, and that can’t happen.

On the surface - I agree with you. I want to experience it myself first before I defend a position.

Jedi Stitch

What do you think will be the plan for Disneyland, where the stretching room is an elevator to get below the train track level? Use the back stage stairs?

Raineman

On the surface - I agree with you. I want to experience it myself first before I defend a position.
It’s definitely easier to form an opinion once you’ve been there, but I know personally, the stretching room is one of my favourite parts of the attraction, and is something I would miss. Would it ruin the whole attraction for me? No, but I think I can confidently say it would not be the same for me. I guess I will find out during my next visit, which may be further in the future than I was originally planning earlier in the year.

NelleBelle

I'd hate missing out on the stretching room scenario, but I have always loved the look of the woodwork and would enjoy lingering a bit and not rush to the Doombuggies.
There have always been such large crowds that I've never even gotten to see the fireplace's details until the photos of the "walk-through" version of the current HM (terrible, I know)! I'm in no way in favor of keeping this version of HM because it just wouldn't be the same, but I can definitely appreciate the details of it slightly more this way. Although fingers crossed it isn't this way when we visit next year and double fingers crossed that DLR HM is up and running their stretching room once DLR is open and we visit!

Cmdr_Crimson

It's laid out like how they have in Magical racing tour...It's Cannon..

CMs now say, "Please keep moving, booo. Don't crowd the person in front of you, booo. Please keep your distance from other guests, booo. Please do not stop, booo."
giphy.gif

muddyrivers

Well it kind of makes sense right now not to have preshows where the doors close. A lack of fresh, filtered air circulation in small spaces can quickly cause one person to infect many others. Keep the doors open, keep air circulating, and keep people moving. The reason you want to keep people moving is with social distancing in lines, hourly guest count will be down as they can't load all the vehicles as quickly as they normally do.

I would assume with an Omnimover attraction like HM, people are already spaced out by 6 feet in their Doombuggies so you could theoretically load each vehicle assuming there was a party there to load into it.

SoFloMagic

I would assume with an Omnimover attraction like HM, people are already spaced out by 6 feet in their Doombuggies so you could theoretically load each vehicle assuming there was a party there to load into it.
They're loading every other, which seems like a good idea. On the leota curve, for example, you'd be facing towards someone less than 6 feet away.

JohnD

There's already discussions on another forum (outside of WDWMagic) about "Should the HM pre-show be replaced?" After all, its about a man hanging, which obviously includes a noose. And EVERYONE knows what that means (hint hint). Seriously, its gotten ridiculous on this other forum. After Princess and the Frog, new threads are created with the title "Should XXX Be Replaced?" for several attractions.

Last edited:

Mainahman

I dont want this to be permanent for sure, as i LOOOOOVE the stretching room, however i also want to see the fireplace without being mauled by a ton of new best friends being herded like cattle. that can wait till another trip LOL

Raineman

There's already discussions on another forum (outside of WDWMagic) about "Should the HM pre-show be replaced?" After all, its about a man hanging, which obviously includes a noose. And EVERYONE knows what that means (hint hint). Seriously, its gotten ridiculous on this other forum. After Princess and the Frog, new threads are created with the title "Should XXX Be Replaced?" for several attractions.
I've seen quite a few posts since the Splash Mountain news broke where people started chiming in about removing the hanging man in the stretching room, and I was having none of it. And then there was the post about changing HM so it was more "inclusive", ie different cultures represented. I am just hoping that this hysteria eventually pulls back, and saner heads prevail.

Mickey Pride

Nothing wrong with this idea. I really didn't think about all those people cramming into that area. This gives a different perspective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom