A long time Disney fan turns sour!

21stamps

Their advertising creates all sorts of false and/or misleading expectations. Somewhat like car commercials did back in the 90s.

Just like every amusement park, theme park, and resort destination. That’s what commercials do.. but then, once we log on to whatever website we’re directed to, then we see what is actually possible or included.
Again, this isn’t an issue that is exclusive to Disney.

Phantom Mickey

The big problem is crowds though. At least, that's what I gather from everyone complaining on the forums. How would calling them out on crowds do anything? They've done their job, and very well to that point. They've become so popular that there is no longer a slow time. I can't imagine a better business model for a vacation destination. Sure, they could pick up the pace on expansions and make some other small tweaks here and there. But, for the most part, I don't think Disney sees big crowds as a problem.

In an Emergency, bomb threat, fire, explosion, flooding, whatever, a space must be able to be evacuated in very little time. Disney has the parks so packed with people, that this most certainly is an impossibility.

So could the big crowds be a problem??? MMmmmmmmm maybe!

DisneyDoctor

In an Emergency, bomb threat, fire, explosion, flooding, whatever, a space must be able to be evacuated in very little time. Disney has the parks so packed with people, that this most certainly is an impossibility.

So could the big crowds be a problem??? MMmmmmmmm maybe!
If evacuations were such a problem, wouldn't fire marshals or other enforcement be all over that?

Walt Disney1955

Not that it will change anything and Disney will start lowering its prices, but we got something to eat at the Magic Kingdom my last trip last month and I gave my wife a $20 while I took the kids to see the Country Bear Jamboree. We met at Peco's Bill Café where I figured that might buy us some food, or at least for the kids. Yeah..............barely. I asked her where the change was and she said that it went 20 cents over and the cashier told her not to worry about it (I had other money but she didn't have it on her). I was pretty shocked.

The_Jobu

I was pretty shocked.

Yeah, I'm also shocked they let you get away with that $0.20

daduntsh.gif

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The first two weeks after Thanksgiving have historically been a quieter time until the ramp up to Christmas. First week of Dec was very different from the 3rd week. It was the valley between the peaks... no so much anymore

The first 2 weeks of December used to be one of the perfect times to go. During that time about 5 years ago, my wife and I were sitting and waiting for Illuminations to start. We struck up a conversation with a gentleman who happened to be from Brazil. He laughed when 2 tour groups went by in different directions. We asked him why the groups were always 90 to 95 percent female. He again laughed and stated that it is every little girls dream to come to Walt Disney World and become a princess. They often get the trips as a graduation present from high school or jr. college. But I don't understand I commented, how are they all so Disney crazy? It's the television, he replied. We see constant Disney commercials. We see them too I told him. His next reply set me straight. How often do you see come visit Brazil commercials 10 times a day on American television? Disney has used marketing to erase almost all the slow times that used to exist. It is a sad fact but I don't ever see the slower periods coming back. We went the week after Easter and it wasn't too crowded, but nothing like the end of January, The first week of December, or most of September used to be.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It also doesn't mean that they aren't. Some shills are obvious shills. Something about walking like a duck, and quacking like an umm mouse? :joyfull:

I seem to remember, a week or so ago, someone thinking I was someone with a different account posting on here. I just ignored it and went on with my day. Will I still be the same person after 1000, or 10,000 posts? Pretty sure I will be. I used to use the site to research and never posted, so no need for an account. Once I posted and got involved, I really enjoyed it and got hooked. Just because my account was new, and my posts were few doesn't mean my opinion matters any less than anyone else's or I am a "shill". I love the all the information available here, the people, and the fact that I can on occasion help someone else out, as many have helped me indirectly from this forum.

epcotisbest

I seem to remember, a week or so ago, someone thinking I was someone with a different account posting on here. I just ignored it and went on with my day. Will I still be the same person after 1000, or 10,000 posts? Pretty sure I will be. I used to use the site to research and never posted, so no need for an account. Once I posted and got involved, I really enjoyed it and got hooked. Just because my account was new, and my posts were few doesn't mean my opinion matters any less than anyone else's or I am a "shill". I love the all the information available here, the people, and the fact that I can on occasion help someone else out, as many have helped me indirectly from this forum.
Yeah, this forum is fun and you get to converse with all kinds of people. Getting and giving helpful information is the best part. Then, of course, you do run into the occasional crazy like @21stamps

21stamps

Yeah, this forum is fun and you get to converse with all kinds of people. Getting and giving helpful information is the best part. Then, of course, you do run into the occasional crazy like @21stamps

Hey now! Just because I’m fickle or indecisive, it doesn’t mean that I’m crazy..
In the end it always turns out alright.. even if it takes me full circle to get there, but I do greatly appreciate all of the advice along the way. ;)

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

epcotisbest

Hey now! Just because I’m fickle or indecisive, it doesn’t mean that I’m crazy..
In the end it always turns out alright.. even if it takes me full circle to get there, but I do greatly appreciate all of the advice along the way. ;)

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Yeah, wonderful Christmas. Hope you and T had a wonderful holiday as well. This year was extra special as we sorta adopted two needy families and instead of doing a lot for each other, we gave to them instead, and that was a real blessing to us to be able to do so.

epcotisbest

Very cool, Bet it was your best Christmas in a while :)
Yeah, it was pretty cool. We got names, ages and clothing sizes from our church and was able to kinda personalize the gifts. We chose to remain anonymous to the adoptee families, but they still reached out with a nice thank you letter to the church describing what a difference the gesture made for them. Very touching.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
The change we’ve seen at Disney over the past few decades is mostly the behavior of the guests, not the company itself.
To a large extent, yes. There have been plenty of valid arguments here and I agree TDO and overall Disney could be doing things better for upkeep and maintenance and bringing in new attractions rather than shoehorning where something used to be. As far as guests, there are undoubtedly more than ever before, and with FP, EMH, ADR, insert acronym here, it has become necessary to plan plan plan every minute if you don't visit often. I've visited over 25 times this year and about 1/4 of the times DW and I were not feeling the magic, so we left after a half day. But being PH we knew we would be back soon. If we were on a non hopper 4 day and had one of the non magical expereiences, I'd have a vastly different opinion on things.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Then, of course, you do run into the occasional crazy like @21stamps

In nearly every single thread. Thank goodness for ignore. :joyfull:

If you go back and look at the threads though, many times when someone posts something that hints of anti-disney, a years old account with almost no posts will come to life to counter it. It'll go dormant again shortly after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom