A long time Disney fan turns sour!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The $1 is the huge difference? LOL

You are strictly here to argue. It doesn’t make any sense.

I'm strictly here to argue?

1rqnfw.jpg

That may be the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
She isn't here to argue. She is here to tell you about all the places besides Disney she has been. And how they compare price wise to WDW. And she is here to do it 15000 times.

No doubt. If you say something often enough, eventually someone might start to believe you. Repetition in lieu of depth. :joyfull:

Last edited:

21stamps

Yeah, but surprisingly tasty...

There’s actually a couple of them in FL, I used to frequent the one in in Ft Lauderdale. Full of Cincy High School/College/City paraphernalia.
So fattening, but I love Cincinnati chili.

Last edited:

21stamps

She isn't here to argue. She is here to tell you about all the places besides Disney she has been. And how they compare price wise to WDW. And she is here to do it 15000 times.

More accurately- trying to get people to look outside of the Disney bubble. The majority of the “omg it’s so expensive!” complaints are applicable to any entertainment venue.
Entertainment is expensive. We can complain to we’re blue in the face.. isn’t going to change it... but Disney is definitely not alone in their pricing.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
More accurately- trying to get people to look outside of the Disney bubble. The majority of the “omg it’s so expensive!” complaints are applicable to any entertainment venue.
Entertainment is expensive. We can complain to we’re blue in the face.. isn’t going to change it... but Disney is definitely not alone in their pricing.

How about we get this thread back on track, and stop letting it become another of your personal ramble about whatever's on your mind threads.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, then, I guess what WDW needs is a great, big Skyline Chili in DHS. That'll make guests from Cincinnati feel right at home, and if they buy SC at Kings Island, they'll already be comfortable with the prices Disney will charge 'em.

harryk

Was at Disneyworld this past December 2017, 13-20, and was quite surprised at how crowded all the parks were to include Disney Springs.
I just chalked it up to how many people have found just how much fun there was to be had at WDW. I've changed next December's trip to the end of November and will see how the crowds work up then. The beginning of December visits have ended since so many people have found out that the crowd levels were light then - so now they are no longer light. I've decided that to just 'go with the flow' and accept it as it is. However, I still believe the fast-pass system should be eliminated. The FP lines are almost as long as the stand-by at times.
If you can't have fun at Disney - you just have not worked hard enough to enjoy yourself. Get over it.

Jedi Stitch

Oh, we are in the food cost "discussion", well then let me re iterate. If I pay high cost for a bigger or chicken sandwich, then I want a high quality meal for that price. Then again I went with the DDP, so every burger I ate was basically $30. We went for TS for as many meals as we could, to get our monies worth.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Was at Disneyworld this past December 2017, 13-20, and was quite surprised at how crowded all the parks were to include Disney Springs.
I just chalked it up to how many people have found just how much fun there was to be had at WDW. I've changed next December's trip to the end of November and will see how the crowds work up then. The beginning of December visits have ended since so many people have found out that the crowd levels were light then - so now they are no longer light. I've decided that to just 'go with the flow' and accept it as it is. However, I still believe the fast-pass system should be eliminated. The FP lines are almost as long as the stand-by at times.
If you can't have fun at Disney - you just have not worked hard enough to enjoy yourself. Get over it.

I wouldn't try and plan to avoid crowds. The current operating model spreads guests pretty evenly through the year, so it's always very busy making going with the flow the only option. When the FP+ line for rides are out the door and down the "street" with a CM holding a "FP+ line starts here" sign, something is definitely not properly optimized.

ThistleMae

We are going the end of February, beg. of March. We've never been this time of year. There is the Garden Festival though, so not sure how much of an influence this will have on crowds. I do support the argument that Disney is crowded no matter when you go, that we have seen the end of the low crowd levels. We shall see.

Hayley In Wonderland

I agree SOMETHING needs to be done about the FP+ system. They seem to dish out far too many for one time slot, I know you have 1 hour to use this but a lot of people try to get on as early as they can or before the FP+ runs out. Maybe less FP+ slots for certain rides that get like this, or a smaller time slot of say half an hour, then leaving a gap of about 10 minutes between each FP+ slot in order to help reduce the queue line for FP+. I disagree with it taking the same time as stand by, though. Disney have a ratio they have to follow (this was confirmed to me by several CM's my last trip). I think it's for every 10 they let through in standby, they have to let through 100 (if there is 100) in fp+ lines.

Jedi Stitch

I agree SOMETHING needs to be done about the FP+ system. They seem to dish out far too many for one time slot, I know you have 1 hour to use this but a lot of people try to get on as early as they can or before the FP+ runs out. Maybe less FP+ slots for certain rides that get like this, or a smaller time slot of say half an hour, then leaving a gap of about 10 minutes between each FP+ slot in order to help reduce the queue line for FP+. I disagree with it taking the same time as stand by, though. Disney have a ratio they have to follow (this was confirmed to me by several CM's my last trip). I think it's for every 10 they let through in standby, they have to let through 100 (if there is 100) in fp+ lines.
I was at Disneyland and made the out of my mind decision to ride Indiana Jones. I got in the que that started well past normal starting point. The line actually used the upper level of the jungle cruise que that day. I don't know why, but I didn't bail on the que once it finally started in the ride que. I guess I never stood in the full ride que before. While I was still in the California Sun baking in the big snaking que outside the temple, I began to curse all the new fast pass holders, as I would watch them trickle by. Once I figured out the FP system, I didn't stand in a que again unless I wanted to.

Jedi Stitch

I was just thinking. I do read about everyone upset at cost, and bang for your buck, and getting less, and taking your 14th trip not seeing the magic anymore. I have to admit, I am still planning on how I will afford my next Disney Trip. Is that a definition of insanity.

smile

I was just thinking. I do read about everyone upset at cost, and bang for your buck, and getting less, and taking your 14th trip not seeing the magic anymore. I have to admit, I am still planning on how I will afford my next Disney Trip. Is that a definition of insanity.

give the most weight to thoughts coming from your own personal experience...
it's when you start disregarding those that you're wading in shallow waters.

best of luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom