A long time Disney fan turns sour!

Tony the Tigger

As I mentioned I don't go anymore..
But, it is people like me that forces services to increase. Any business thats slows / reduces services and is not met by blow back, will continue to reduce services..

If Disney had a staffing problem and could only open 2 lanes at bag check and the line is now a hour long (like the guy in video said earlier in this thread), if this situation was met by guest services having people come up to them and say, gee that really did not bother me to wait, would you expect a 5 minute wait the next time you go?

BTW the guy in the video was irate, Disney has never made me irate.

You said perspective and attitude, but you left out the most important.. EXPECTATION, Disney built its brand on expectation. Ones pays for and expects quality. I still say the quality in their sit down restaurants is quite good.

Let me ask you this, if you patronize a restaurant for years and have always received good food, but the last 3 times you went, the food was not that good, the salad was wilted bit, do you that the perspective that it won't ruin my meal and say to yourself, I will keep coming back until the food gets better? or do you say, heck this is the 3rd time and I am not going back?

My perspective is, if they don't suffer by a decrease in business, then there is no need to return the food quality to the previous level and If I return, I can expect the same low quality food.

My issues with Disney are beyond the couple I mentioned, and I have a lot of fond memories there..

And my point is you aren’t accomplishing anything by not going. You’re not teaching them a lesson. They don’t miss you. They didn’t change anything because you stopped going.

however, from your perspective, is said issue mere happenstance or a correctable flaw?
if flaw, it must be addressed if it's ever to be corrected.

of course, you don't have to say a word, but an incident not reported or addressed did. not. happen.

emotional reinforcement of the premise isn't the only reason you're sent multiple surveys after a trip, as , believe it or not, guest feedback still carries some sway, or rather, more than none.

If I have to go over to the little Guest Services booth at the entrance to resolve it, then they are aware of it.

I never said I won’t mention if something important goes wrong. My definition of important may vary from yours.

My biggest point is I can tell the difference between the Inevitable occasional mistake vs. something that should offend me to the point I come here and rant about it like someone took my ball.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
And my point is you aren’t accomplishing anything by not going. You’re not teaching them a lesson. They don’t miss you. They didn’t change anything because you stopped going.

If I have to go over to the little Guest Services booth at the entrance to resolve it, then they are aware of it.

I never said I won’t mention if something important goes wrong. My definition of important may vary from yours.

My biggest point is I can tell the difference between the Inevitable occasional mistake vs. something that should offend me to the point I come here and rant about it like someone took my ball.

I have gone to guest services a time or two and complained among my many visits. I never asked for anything, but got something a few times. You have to let them know. Not going again is not letting them know. You are just getting me one more space closer in line to my attraction. You did not hurt Disney, you were replaced by another guest. Many people have stopped going, but the parks are still packed. If you have an issue, than say something. If you get a wrong order at a fast food place, do you take it back to the counter and get your correct food, or just eat it and stop going there?

jloucks

I do believe that some changes being made may impact me in some negative ways, such as extending some perks to offsite guests. And I do believe Disney makes these changes to increase their profits, not for our enjoyment necessarily. This could be discouraging, especially if you personally are noticing for example that it's much harder to get the FP's you want on your first day at the parks. Because I still love Disney, I accept that it is what it is. I do think that the folks that make these decisions do discuss potential impacts on overall attendance but it's their profits that dictate whether the changes are positive or negative. I just don't think people will stop going to Disney, no matter how many negative changes we see. Until or unless their profits decrease, they will continue this trend. I can either accept it or stop going. I think if they look at surveys with ideas, suggestions and or complaints and
compare them to their profits, they'll just toss the survey's aside because it's their profits that dictate decisions.

This trend will absolutely continue. They are successfully shifting the parks from a premium luxury product into a cheap discretionary product. The masses are consuming it in droves!

I stopped going. As did my sisters family. The mobs, wall'es, and inner city busing system were just too atrocious to endure further.

I/we went on a Disney cruise instead. Far superior product currently.

NelleBelle

/we went on a Disney cruise instead. Far superior product currently
We started cruising more than going to the parks as we, too, find it’s “better product.” Actually, the resorts and parks could desperately take lessons in customer service from DCL! DCL has customer service that harkens back to the old days I experienced customer service from Disney CM. Too bad this can’t carry back to the parks and resorts—I probably wouldn’t be quite as jaded about going again.

jimbaker84

Being dragged, I did cut 2 days off the parks.

Well I'm sorry. That's no fun for you. I really hope that you enjoy your vacation anyways.

I've been pretty critical of WDW lately due to attraction wait times etc, but if i'm honest i would still be pretty hyped to be going if i had a vacation coming up. Hopefully you'll enjoy it more than you think.

Cameron1529

I think many people forget Disney is a business. They are not running this enourmous empire, the theme parks, the television shows or mechanise off borrowed or donated money. They must earn profits to cover the costs, how do they cover their increasing costs they earn higher profits. They do this through getting more ticket sales, merchandise sales which leads to higher attendance and more guests in the parks.

I have read some comments about the food and how it is becoming more streamlined. Every single implementation Disney conducted is for a purpose, it is not to make the experience less ‘magical’ it could be to cut costs etc. It is these decisions which appear to be frustrating but in actual fact could be saving Disney hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to renovating the parks putting in new attractions. Everything they do has a business purpose.

I have also read a lot of people talking about crowd levels increasing and longer wait times. I believe we are all noticing this more due to the populations growing lack of patience. I am one of the worst culprits for this. It seems everyone including myself want everything now. No doubt Disney’s lines are increasing and fluctuating particularly the last few years. However Disney’s lines from what I have seen and understand have not dramatically changed in the last 5 even 10 years (FOP is the only exception)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think many people forget Disney is a business. They are not running this enourmous empire, the theme parks, the television shows or mechanise off borrowed or donated money. They must earn profits to cover the costs, how do they cover their increasing costs they earn higher profits. They do this through getting more ticket sales, merchandise sales which leads to higher attendance and more guests in the parks.

I have read some comments about the food and how it is becoming more streamlined. Every single implementation Disney conducted is for a purpose, it is not to make the experience less ‘magical’ it could be to cut costs etc. It is these decisions which appear to be frustrating but in actual fact could be saving Disney hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to renovating the parks putting in new attractions. Everything they do has a business purpose.

I have also read a lot of people talking about crowd levels increasing and longer wait times. I believe we are all noticing this more due to the populations growing lack of patience. I am one of the worst culprits for this. It seems everyone including myself want everything now. No doubt Disney’s lines are increasing and fluctuating particularly the last few years. However Disney’s lines from what I have seen and understand have not dramatically changed in the last 5 even 10 years (FOP is the only exception)

I suppose that if they cut enough, perhaps someday they'll earn a profit. 🙄

Roakor

Can you describe what the "Disney treatment leftovers" are and how having less money makes you receive them?

I hope you don't read this as sarcastic, I'm actually really curious what you have to say.

one example, preferred seating at events. Like for desert parties or dinner packages. And now you can just give them extra money and get preferred seating or extra fastpasses, provided of course your staying at one of the overpriced deluxe hotels. So if you have the money to pay for these extras then you get a good place to view the shows. If not you have to deal with the mosh pit. Which due to more areas set aside for preferred seating keeps getting smaller in size.

That is one example.

NelleBelle

Which means if you want to catch, say Illuminations, you have to get there 3hrs early to claim a spot! Actually, last year when we went, we got FP for Illuminations. We thought we would be ok and got to the spot 30 minutes before the show started. WOW! There was a huge lineup for those with FP!! We ended up getting a spot by the railing but wouldn't you know it...some guy was "saving" a bunch of spots and we got pushed out of viewing area. Never again will we waste a FP for any kind of nighttime show if you have to end up lining 1hr+ to get a spot. Might as well take my chances with the "poor huddled masses.":cautious:

Cameron1529

I suppose that if they cut enough, perhaps someday they'll earn a profit. 🙄

No doubt they are already earning an enourmous profits in the billions. However they have shareholders, a workforce and generally a lot of stakeholders to satisfy and maintain. Soon as profits dip or trough there is the potential for repercussions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which means if you want to catch, say Illuminations, you have to get there 3hrs early to claim a spot! Actually, last year when we went, we got FP for Illuminations. We thought we would be ok and got to the spot 30 minutes before the show started. WOW! There was a huge lineup for those with FP!! We ended up getting a spot by the railing but wouldn't you know it...some guy was "saving" a bunch of spots and we got pushed out of viewing area. Never again will we waste a FP for any kind of nighttime show if you have to end up lining 1hr+ to get a spot. Might as well take my chances with the "poor huddled masses.":cautious:

I gotta ask: when are you traveling? That's a 20 year old show. I actually barely notice it when it goes off at this point...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, that excuses everything! 😅

I know...

@Cameron1529, you do know that like 99% of the "dissenters" about Disney's pricing policies completely understand market logistics and corporate motivations?

I'm not disputing anything you said...we get it. It's more of a question whether disney can sustain itself trying to chase quarterly profits?...because their business has always thrived over the longterm when they dedicate themselves to quality.

Take you medicine (short term)...get healthier, stronger.

NelleBelle

I gotta ask: when are you traveling? That's a 20 year old show. I actually barely notice it when it goes off at this point...
We are going again this June. We've been pretty regularly since the mid-90s up until about 2011 when we took a big hiatus and did DLR for while. I know it's an "old" show but it's my favorite show of all the parks (Epcot is my favorite park). :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are going again this June. We've been pretty regularly since the mid-90s up until about 2011 when we took a big hiatus and did DLR for while. I know it's an "old" show but it's my favorite show of all the parks (Epcot is my favorite park). :)

I gotcha...I had a wedding there and that was part of it.

June just doesn't seem to have the crowds it once had...that's all

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom