A little tidbit a heard about wonders building

Passport

I respectfully disagree. I can see where the two pavillions could be connected into one LARGE pavilion. Similar to The Land. If you look on Google Earth, you will see this would be easy. So Mission:Space 2 could be themed as a ride to Mars and then physically joined to the old WoL building and you could have a simulator attraction on Mars and a show in the theatre. Plus room for a whole lot more. That would be amazing and would not cost all that much. Maybe Alien Encounter can be reborn at Epcot. Sorry EPCOT purists, I would love to see it happen. :lookaroun Just dreaming!:D

Could I have a little more information on what you mean by, "Similar to The Land"? Are you saying The Land is two pavilions joined?

jt04

Could I have a little more information on what you mean by, "Similar to The Land"? Are you saying The Land is two pavilions joined?

Nein, I am saying it is a pavilion with many attractions. It takes up a huge area especially after Soarin was added. I would love to see the WoL building and "Space" merged into one "pavilion" because the subjet is so unlimited. There could be 4 or 5 attractions in one pavilion dedicated to "Space" and I think that would be cool. But apparently I am the only one:rolleyes: PS Sarcasm is not aimed at you "Passport". Glad I could clarify

dancetaxix2

Yeah, they didn't even finish the corporate lounge. It's still barren on the Test Track side - like barely more then wall studs.

They're just dying to throw money at Epcot ;)

I wish At&t would rethrow the money back to Spaceship Earth. Let Siemens have Wonder of Life pavillion!

juan

siemens is already doing a great job ---
-forcing Disney to take down the wand and restore the ball to its former glory
-pumping loads into re-doing some of SSE
-a whole new post show
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

AT&T didn't do as much when they had sponsorship

Gig 'Em Mickey

So I guess Disney can't operate an attraction without a corporate partner? I realize it takes money, but that's what ticket prices and food prices are for, revenue. I find it hard to believe that operation of an attraction is solely based on corporate sponsorship...

PhotoDave219

So I guess Disney can't operate an attraction without a corporate partner? I realize it takes money, but that's what ticket prices and food prices are for, revenue. I find it hard to believe that operation of an attraction is solely based on corporate sponsorship...

The Mouse has been dealing with Corporate Partners all the way back to the opening of Disneyland and the 1964 worlds fair. You know, Carousel of Progress, brought to you by General Electric (....I think.....) Its a Small World, brought to you by Pepsi, as well as the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (i forget who sponsored that one).... and so on and so on and so on.

Look at Epcot - SSE was AT&T. WOL was an insurance company. UoE was Exxon. World of Motion & TT are GM.... Plus not to mention all the corporate partners like Kodak, Energizer, Orville Reddenbocker, Coca-Cola, Hasbro, Alamo, as well as the defunt ones like RCA, Eastern Airlines, Delta Airlines, Amex... the list goes on and on.

Disney's theme park model has always relied on corporate partnership to help defray the costs of new attractions. Thats the way it's always been.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Back to the OP... yes, WoL will be used for the festival this year. It's already been published and it was all over the permits that some of the recent changes were for F&W. Some of the F&W materials already explicitly state the WoL pavilion.

As for your M:S 2 bit.. I think someone is a slight up of what's really going on. The little birdies are saying the Body Wars simulators are being used by WDI as a test bed for new concepts.. since the ride system is of course the same as the one used in Star Tours currently. So Body Wars gives WDI a nice little place to work out concepts... for the Star Tours update.

jmvd20

Other companies do the same things. Pepsi and AT&T are rather large sponsors for numerous things at Cedar Point.

TP2000

The Mouse has been dealing with Corporate Partners all the way back to the opening of Disneyland and the 1964 worlds fair. You know, Carousel of Progress, brought to you by General Electric (....I think.....) Its a Small World, brought to you by Pepsi, as well as the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (i forget who sponsored that one)...

The State of Illinois. You know, where Lincoln was from? :cool:

At least that was where the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show could be found at the 1964-65 World's Fair; The State of Illinois Pavilion, as the featured attraction. At Disneyland in the late 1960's the Lincoln show was first sponsored by Lincoln Savings & Loan, which was terribly clever. But later in the 70's Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland was sponsored by Gulf Oil, which no longer exists.

Corporate sponsorship has always been an important part of Disneyland, and all subsequent Disney theme parks. Walt wanted it that way. He was a die hard Republican who campaigned for many Republican candidates and felt very strongly that American Free Enterprise was what made this country great. And corporate America agreed with Walt, to the tune of untold millions of dollars in sponsorship agreements since 1955. :sohappy:

As for your M:S 2 bit.. I think someone is a slight up of what's really going on. The little birdies are saying the Body Wars simulators are being used by WDI as a test bed for new concepts.. since the ride system is of course the same as the one used in Star Tours currently. So Body Wars gives WDI a nice little place to work out concepts... for the Star Tours update.
I never thought of that. Quite clever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom