A good for every bad.

Peter Parker

Original Poster
I went to WDW over the weekend & saw something I never thought I would.
I saw a roach in Mainstreet. I went to the Barber Shop to take a picture with the family & on my way back my 4 year old boy pointed out the roach.:eek:

I also had a very bad experience with one of the train engineers who was quite rude when my wife asked if my son could take a picture with him. :(
And one of the conductors was flat out offensive as I exited the train. He was pointing out the way out as they usually do & I was putting my 1 year old in the stroller. I honestly was not paying attention & accidently followed some folks out of what I guess was a handicap exit. I overheard the guy basically called me an A-h--- to another CM.
So I went up to him & said that he was the poster boy for the Disney Experience.

However, folks like that were the exception. I had a great time & even plan to be back in March & have an 8 day stay scheduled for October:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
I met some great CM at the Swan, in the Land's Garden Grill character dinner, Downtown Disney etc.

I guess the point is that even though some problems may exist, WDW is still the happiest place on earth & can be a magical place if you learn to look past the few blemishes.

jesserin

Peter Parker said:
I went to WDW over the weekend & saw something I never thought I would.
I saw a roach in Mainstreet. I went to the Barber Shop to take a picture with the family & on my way back my 4 year old boy pointed out the roach.:eek:

I also had a very bad experience with one of the train engineers who was quite rude when my wife asked if my son could take a picture with him. :(
And one of the conductors was flat out offensive as I exited the train. He was pointing out the way out as they usually do & I was putting my 1 year old in the stroller. I honestly was not paying attention & accidently followed some folks out of what I guess was a handicap exit. I overheard the guy basically called me an A-h--- to another CM.
So I went up to him & said that he was the poster boy for the Disney Experience.

However, folks like that were the exception. I had a great time & even plan to be back in March & have an 8 day stay scheduled for October:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
I met some great CM at the Swan, in the Land's Garden Grill character dinner, Downtown Disney etc.

I guess the point is that even though some problems may exist, WDW is still the happiest place on earth & can be a magical place if you learn to look past the few blemishes.

I'm not sure where you live - but I take it it's not in the south... ;) Roaches are like birds down here - they're everywhere and they're huge... not to mention many of them fly... ;)

Glad you were able to look past the PMSing CM to all the great CM's elsewhere!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm glad also that you got over the bad apple. :wave:

As far as the roach goes :lol: :lol: , you only saw one?
(they're everywhere! and you can't get rid of them :fork: )

TimonRulz

Sorry you had a bad experience. :(
I waited in a line for 30 minutes at Pop Century, and when I was next in line, they said that line was closed and made me go into another line. How rude. :cry:

But I still love Disney. Sometimes stuff happens. I hope it doesn't happen again!

Yukinon

Ooh I hate the roaches in Disney - and everyone wants to call them Palmetto bugs, I'm sorry they are still cockroaches!

And we do have roaches up north here, at my work we have them all over! (I work at a school with very young children, by the way) And the building maintenance people say they are just waterbugs - once again call it what you want its still a damn cockroach! If they are waterbugs, then why are they going after the food in the classrooms and not the water????

I'm sorry I have just been having a rough time with these critters at work... did you know you can microwave a cockroach and they will still live??

steviej

wow, 8 trips to wdw and ive never seen a roach. ive seen chameleons plenty, but never a roach... not that I'm complaining!

Laura

Premium Member
Seeing a roach in the south is as common as seeing a fly. The first roach I've ever seen was at Port Orleans, but this was back when I was still a Northerner, so it surprised me. Now that I live in North Carolina it doesn't faze me at all.

Sorry about the train guy. That stinks!

jsfra209

NTI2002 said:
you should try to avoid that actually. If you squish a female and she has fertalized eggs in her they end up in your house.

Oh Dear GOD! Please tell me that you are kidding! :eek:

I would lose my mind if I saw one of those things in my house! :hurl:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Having grown up in Tampa, I'm actually amazed at the overall lack of roaches in WDW. I've often wondered what their secret is.

Main Street Jim

also had a very bad experience with one of the train engineers who was quite rude when my wife asked if my son could take a picture with him. :(

Ummm...wow. That's...I don't know. I'm an engineer myself, along with conductor - and a conductor trainer. I really don't know what to say. If I have a guest ask to take a picture with me/us (as engineers), I'm more than happy to, unless we're just about ready to pull out - which I will politely let you know. As for the conductor incident...was this at Main Street station? That's really the only station that has a "separate" exit/entrance for the wheelchairs (down the ramp to the left instead of the right, toward the front of the train). They really shouldn't have said anything; I mean, you're still only exiting the train station. It doesn't matter which ramp you use. Do you have a date/time and a name of the conductor? PM me.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
jesserin said:
I'm not sure where you live - but I take it it's not in the south... ;) Roaches are like birds down here - they're everywhere and they're huge... not to mention many of them fly... ;)

Glad you were able to look past the PMSing CM to all the great CM's elsewhere!

The south has no roaches....they're Palmetto bugs...:D

tigsmom

ClemsonTigger said:
The south has no roaches....they're Palmetto bugs...:D

And you beat me again! :lol:

And yes, jsfra209, the eggs stick to your shoes and you carry them back. There is a reason they have been around for all these years...they're very tricky!

You will find roaches wherever you find people, disgusting, but thats life.

wannab@dis

ASJHLJ said:
Having grown up in Tampa, I'm actually amazed at the overall lack of roaches in WDW. I've often wondered what their secret is.
Exactly! It's surprising they don't have more around all the parks and resorts. Eh, it's Florida... gotta put up with the bugs and nasty water. :lol:

pintraderpayee

"I'm an engineer myself, along with conductor - and a conductor trainer. I really don't know what to say. If I have a guest ask to take a picture with me/us (as engineers), I'm more than happy to, unless we're just about ready to pull out - which I will politely let you know. As for the conductor incident...was this at Main Street station?" MAIN STREET JIM

You work near the relatively roach- free entrance:lol: and can probably answer my question. Somewhere I read that they sometimes pick a child to say the "magic word" to open Magic Kingdom. If this is so, is it done at regular opening time even on an extra magic hours morning? We will be staying off-site so extra magic hours are out for us. My 12 year old daughter has a wish to open the kingdom and/or wake Tink. Thanks for any info. about this.

6 1/2 weeks until our "yellow limo" rolls to disney (school bus- 27 teenagers ºoºrlando bound):hammer:

pin trader payee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom