A good but sometimes tough question..whats your first memory?

awesomeinabox

Mine was in the early 90s and I was in kindergarten... I remember getting one of those light up mickey mouse snow globe wands, and riding splash with mom and dad while leaving my brother with my grandparents. I also have vague memories of the backlot express when we went by the houses from tv. I apparently thought I would be murdered at the haunted mansion so that was a screamfest.

The best memory I have is me and my grandfather going to the beach every night to watch the water parade and it being cancelled because of rain or weather, but every night we would sit in the chairs on the beach and stare at the MK and talk about our day. To this day I always have to watch the water pageant.

Texas84

I remember riding PotC at Disneyland as a kid and seeing Blue Bayou. I wanted to eat there but my parents said they couldn't afford it. Dad was a US Air Force Captain at the time. I told them I would take them someday. Two years ago I treated them to Blue Bayou. My sister joined us from Vegas with her husband. Check that off the list. :)

rt06

Sometime in the 80s, I guess it was turnstile entry or something to that effect. A siren went off when my father passed through. He was a random prize winner, and got to choose from a selection of pins. There was either a big Snow White or Cinderella one that, for some reason, we couldn't get. Ended up with a small Epcot one, looked very similar to this one:

FutureWorldClaspBack.jpg

It may be the exact one, but I really can't remember. Have no idea what happened to it.

I can also remember sitting on Main Street waiting for what I think was the Electric Parade. I conked out and missed the entire thing. Must have been a long day. Next thing I remember is my dad carrying me through the parking lot to our car.

Thinking about this got me very emotional... :(

Last edited:

Jenna

Walking in to EPCOT and riding Spaceship Earth for the first time. I remember being absolutely wowed by the fact you needed a tram to get from the parking lot to the park and loved the background music.

zurgandfriend

My first Disney memory was in Disneyland circa 1958 and walking up to the front gate with my parents. My first WDW memory was circa 1994 with my soon to be DW and taking the then Meers shuttle onto property and seeing the Epcot monorail go by overhead.

Ben_since_1971

I was 5 1/2 in 1972 when my parents took me. I remember 'If you had wings', the mission to Mars, but my favorite memory is from the Haunted Mansion. I only remember the ball room scene - the rest of the time my face was buried in my father's knee I was so scared. Needless to say I laughed every step of the way when I went back as a college student and saw how 'scary' it truly was!

I also remember riding as a family in the front of the monorail.

doctornick

I was 3 years old and I remember being outside Space Mountain and crying that they would not let me on. I think a CM eventually gave in and I got to ride (hey, it was the later 70's, they were more lax about those things).

Sped2424

First memory is the Chinese theater at hollywood studios, for the longest time I remembered being there but had no idea where there was. It wasn't until a trip back in 2009 which was my first time there since well 1997 or earlier that I saw the theater and realized where it was from.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
My first memory is of meeting with the Blagartian leader, resplendent in his baby blue toga, as I was instructed to infiltrate the planet earth and find its primary weakness. I was informed of this 499 years and roughly 3 months ago. The weird thing about this memory is that for most, the first memory is of being torn from the cytoplasm cube. However, that was not the case for me. Anyhoo, the emperor went on to tell me that I had 500 earth years to accomplish this task and that at the appointed time and place I would have a battle fleet at my disposal, armed and ready to obey my every command in order to achieve maximum efficiency with respect to the invasion.

My first Disney memory is of being scared by Snow White. My parents really wanted me to meet her and I had the exact opposite view.

cynic710

Original Poster
anybody remember the clear candy-filled character heads? i had a donald one from my first trip, never touched the candy to this day, i think they were runts.

StarWarsGirl

I guess my very first memory (clear memory) was playing swordfight with my dad at the end of PotC. I also have some memories of the Dreamfinder, though they are not very clear.

VirginiaCreeper

Nothing specific but they all involved being scared except for the light parade. It was glorious to me as a child. I even had the soundtrack I'd listen to repeatedly.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
My childhood memories include SSE. It was this huge golf ball, and you could go in it. I watched as we got closer and closer to it. I also remember the MSEP very clearly from my youth. It was neat to share it with my kids the first time we went. I recall drinking a yummy orange flavored drink out of a cup that was shaped like and looked just like an orange. My have been connected to the Orange Bird, or may have been a Florida thing can't remember clearly. We drove down and went to Daytona Beach in addition to WDW. Unfortunately, the most vivid memories I have of that first trip, was my dad regularly talking about how #$%^ expensive everything was. It's still #$%^ expensive and my children understand that we are blessed to be able to go as often as we do. That being said, finances and the cost is not something we discuss while at the park. If we couldn't afford to go or it was that large of a concern, we wouldn't go. I don't want my kids to have much more than fond memories of our trips.

Last edited:

acishere

There are only two memories of my 1st trip that I can remember. I remember riding the train around MK and thinking Main Street was some other park I was being taken to. I also remember falling and cutting my kneecaps at the CBR pool and refusing to walk for half the trip because of it.

Uncle Remus

I was 4 and I remember riding dumbo right after I got my Goofy hat. The one where his nose and mouth is the bill and his buck teeth are hanging down as well as his ears from the sides of the cap. I was afraid it was going to blow off.

jimbo mack

Snow white's scary adventures in the late 80's..that wicked witch gave me nightmares for years to come. Another random memory at silver springs, watching a snake eat a whole mouse whole :hungover: and trying tg lee chocolate milk in a carton, the best drink in the world even to this day

Figments Friend

-

The Mickey Mouse Review when i first visited MK in the late 1970s.
It was the one thing i clearly remember..next to the 'first ride in a airplane' i experienced on the journey to Florida.
I was all of eight..i think...have yet to have been able to confirm it being either 1979 or 1980.

It started a lifelong love of animated figures of all types...not to mention Disney Theme Parks in general.

:)

The first one that comes to mind, even though it was like the fourth or fifth trip, is the first time my family ate at The Whispering Canyon Cafe, and my sister wanted ketchup; oh, she got ketchup. Bear in mind, this was before they dumbed it down for reasons I don't know but still hate with a burning passion.

B-Ball Vol

Mid 70s for me...I was about 4 or 5. We're driving down World Drive and I hear, "we're at Disney World!". I look out the window and see nothing but trees - I was confused and unimpressed. Moments later, nearing Contemporary I spot the topiaries - elephants, giraffes, etc. - my mind was blown! I had never seen anything like it. That's when I knew this place was like none other.
My mind just kept being blown away with the Contemporary - outside & inside.
Oh and the monorail! The look, the smell, the costumes of the CM's all were fascinating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom