A Fourth Refurbishment for "Journey Into Imagination"

Sumshine 904

Original Poster
I've heard that Disney Imagineers are thinking of a fourth refurbishment for "Journey Into Imagination". You see, people are dissapointed that Dreamfinder isn't in the ride anymore, and even though the third refurbishment to "JII" is slightly better, people are still complaining. It all depends on how the refurbishment on "Pirates of the Carribean" goes. If it goes well, Disney Imagineers will hire the origanal creator of the origanal "JII", and might bring Dreamfinder back and do thier best to bring "JII" to it's origanal state. Ofcoarse, it's physically impossible to return the ride to it's origanal state, beacause Disney has done so many changes to the ride, that it would cost loads of money to get even close to it's origanal state. So I think they'll iether do thier best to try to bring it back to it's origanal state or make some kinda sequill to the origanal ride with Dreamfinder in it. My main point is - They might shut down "JII" in October of 2006 and refurbish it intime for EPCOT's 25th Anniversary. Short, sweet, and to the point. :king:

natalia1681

I would love to see Dreamfinder return, but I think I'll wait to get too excited until Disney officially announces it!

Thanks for the update!:wave:

raven

As much as I would like to believe it, I won't. Just because people miss the character doesn't presure WDI into bringing him back. If that were the case then we would see the return of Mr. Toad and Horizons...and we all know that isn't going to happen.

Kriszee1

I found these old pics of JII from August of 1992:
Figment 1.jpg

Figment 2.jpg

Figment 3.jpg

(I hope that worked) With all the talk about JII, it got me missing the old version. Anyway...have a great day everybody!

Original19

Maybe it's just me... but I never really like Journey all that much.

Why is it that everybody goes into full-drool-mode whenever somebody mentions "The Dreamfinder"? To be honest, I thought the red-haired, purple suit coat magician guy was kinda creepy. Don't get me wrong; Tony Baxter is a great imagineer but I really think Journey was one of his weaker moments.

Am I alone in this opinion?

scottnj1966

Why is it that everybody goes into full-drool-mode whenever somebody mentions "The Dreamfinder"? To be honest, I thought the red-haired, purple suit coat magician guy was kinda creepy. Don't get me wrong; Tony Baxter is a great imagineer but I really think Journey was one of his weaker moments.

Looking at everyones comments, yes I think you may be alone.

I myself liked it because it reminds me of younger days and just having fun, and that ride was part of those memories with dreamfinder in it.

JRawkSteady

As much as I would like to believe it, I won't. Just because people miss the character doesn't presure WDI into bringing him back. If that were the case then we would see the return of Mr. Toad and Horizons...and we all know that isn't going to happen.

They brought back Figment because people "missed" the character. John L. is really trying to push this. But there's nothing definite yet.

wannab@dis

So far all the LEGIT sources are saying this rumor is unfounded and that nothing is in the works.

You're not alone... many found Journey to be only "ok" and lots think dreamfinder is creepy.

mhead

One difference though is that the rides that replaced Toad and Horizons have been very popular where as JII's replacements have to date - not been.

jakeman

You are not alone. I find him very creepy. If he lived in my neighborhood, I would tell my kids to stay away from his house, along with the house of lady with 30 cats and the house with 45 decapitated garden gnomes.

What...those people don't live in every neighborhood?:lookaroun

Lanipie

I don't find dreamfinder creepy at all, but at the same time, I'm still not a big fan. I never saw anything that great or memorable about the character.

That said though, I DO miss whimsical figment. I realize they put him back in the ride, but it's just not the same. I miss the old Figment and the amount of Figment that used to be there. Figment is a great character and I wish they'd do right by him!

Shaman

actualy they brought back the character because he was very marketable....

I agree....and to be honest I hope they create something much better using the character, what they have now is too short...but it is a step in the right direction. I personally think, the whole "institute" theme limits the attraction's potential...

Something may come about from this rumor...but who knows when...The Studios and AK should be the focus of Disney's attention right now....I think for the most part Epcot is ready to celebrate its big birthday....although from a fan's perspective it would be nice if they came up with a new concept for the WoL pavilion. :lookaroun

:D

coasterridr

actualy they brought back the character because he was very marketable, and they relized what an epcot icon he really was.

Speaking of being marketable, maybe thats why we have seen the Dreamfinder Mickey and Figment pins and plush lately, they could be testing the popularity of the Dreamfinder with todays audience? Maybe?

kcnole

From those on these boards who have proven to be credible, there isn't anything to this rumor at this point. From what they've said, it has been brought up, but nothing much more than that. There are those in WDI who would like to do it, but it seems there's much more pressing issues at the moment so it's more likely that we'll have to wait until the Kodak contract is up to see something done there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom