Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

dizfan917

Oh knower of many things...

I'm totally on the fence about whether or not to do the DELUXE DINING PLAN for our 7 night trip in September. After adding up what we thought we may spend on food each day, it came out REALLY close to the amount of the plan. We weren't sure if we could split up a few of the counter service meals to use as snacks at F&W kiosks... It's $116.00 each per day.

Part of me loves the convenience of only having to pay for table service tips the whole trip, but then I worry that we won't get our money's worth. We'll come out ahead with EPCOT snacks, for sure and we have 2 Signature reservations as well as 6 other table services planned. With alcohol being included, I assume that adds an additional $8.00 - $14.00 to the value of each meal. We don't drink much, but could probably be convinced to have two drinks a day for the week...

I've still not been able to grab a reservation for Brunch at the Top on the 15th. sigh. oh well.

Any thoughts on my conundrum?

:geek:

bee

Original Poster

I'm totally on the fence about whether or not to do the DELUXE DINING PLAN for our 7 night trip in September. After adding up what we thought we may spend on food each day, it came out REALLY close to the amount of the plan. We weren't sure if we could split up a few of the counter service meals to use as snacks at F&W kiosks... It's $116.00 each per day.

Part of me loves the convenience of only having to pay for table service tips the whole trip, but then I worry that we won't get our money's worth. We'll come out ahead with EPCOT snacks, for sure and we have 2 Signature reservations as well as 6 other table services planned. With alcohol being included, I assume that adds an additional $8.00 - $14.00 to the value of each meal. We don't drink much, but could probably be convinced to have two drinks a day for the week...

I've still not been able to grab a reservation for Brunch at the Top on the 15th. sigh. oh well.

I wouldn’t do the Dining Plan. If you’re trying to convince yourself that you need to drink (or order something more expensive, etc.) to get your money's worth then you’re better off paying out of pocket. Also, using two credits at a signature restaurant is rarely, if ever, a good deal because those meals are expensive but not double what you’d pay at a non-signature TS. And, that way you’ll be able to order exactly whichever Food and Wine items you want without worrying about snack credits.

If you want things to be prepaid, I suggest buying a Disney gift card in the amount you intend to spend. I always get mine from Target and get 5% off using my RedCard. Other stores have various discounts and rewards for gift card purchases as well. When you pay with a gift card you can still add a tip with the card.

Last edited:

Rista1313

And I’m totally in disagreement with 🐝! I like things all inclusive and we had the regular dining plan last time and we totally broke even just on our meals alone, not even counting snack credits. And we ended up using most of those at the food booths for flower and garden. If it’s going to make you feel more relaxed, like it does me. I highly suggest it.

AuburnBelle919

I just caught up on your entire pre-trip report just in time-have a great trip! I went to the pass holder preview this past Saturday-it is amazing (even for someone who isn't a huge Star Wars fan). Talk to the cast members-they do such a great job of creating an immersive environment. The line for Smuggler's Run was long at the beginning of the preview (probably people left over from the previous block plus it started to rain) but it got much shorter throughout the time block. Towards the end it was basically a walkon. There is also a single rider line option that they have been using during the previews.

bee

Original Poster
9308E687-2865-4B20-89E7-E2CDA71DEA53.jpeg
D6B38A8A-BAD4-4B7B-8309-E38819081D08.jpeg

Rista1313

I may have been a SWGE skeptic...but now I’m a believer! I can’t wait to ride MFSR again (we rode three times last night!) and visit again next week!

Ok.. I'll ask you this question then (I've been asking multiple people) When I watch the video, and see the spacecraft hit things.... is the cabin really jerky? Or would you say it's just a body reaction because of the video? (I hope that makes sense)

bee

Original Poster
Ok.. I'll ask you this question then (I've been asking multiple people) When I watch the video, and see the spacecraft hit things.... is the cabin really jerky? Or would you say it's just a body reaction because of the video? (I hope that makes sense)
It is quite jerky. I’m sure some of the perceived effect is from seeing the video but it really does move you around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom