A few new Epcot retro shirts.

EPCOTPluto

Alcoholics Anonymous Figment, a commemorative Figment plush with a haggard shave, complete with a picture of Dreamfinder and a warm pack of Bud lite and in a pose depicting a night spent talking about all those regrets! LE 1200 SRP~ $69.99
Sounds like the epitome of the 1982 Figment now... :(

American Adventure/Patriotic/LeftoverfromJuly4th. :lol:
OK, it makes sense now! :rolleyes::lol: I should've seen that coming, us being EPCOT fans...

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
VERY nice...:D

I will not be purchasing, though. All my funds for Mission: EPCOT on this trip will be directed to AA Figgy.:lol:

Here is a hint, if you go to the Prime Outlets at Lake Buena Vista, in the Character Warehouse (Operated by Disney not a third party company) they have a number of the Figment limited editions on sale for about $8 or $9 I have seen them in there quite alot. Unfortunately I paid full price when they first come out and on property they still are full price. (You would think they would reduce these little beauties considering they are not moving)

Or is that a full scale Audio Animatronic Figgy you are after? :D

EPCOT Explorer

Here is a hint, if you go to the Prime Outlets at Lake Buena Vista, in the Character Warehouse (Operated by Disney not a third party company) they have a number of the Figment limited editions on sale for about $8 or $9 I have seen them in there quite alot. Unfortunately I paid full price when they first come out and on property they still are full price. (You would think they would reduce these little beauties considering they are not moving)

Or is that a full scale Audio Animatronic Figgy you are after? :D

I wonder if I could buy one there, and exchange it for the Americana Figgy in EPCOT.:lookaroun:lol:

[/ Evil but considering it...]

dxwwf3

I have the blue one and I love that design. I wish they didn't go with the vintage cut though because the sizes are about one size smaller than they actually state. I can still wear my XXL, but just like my new Mr. Toad shirt I got this summer, it's hardly a true XXL.

I wonder if Disney thinks these shirts sell because they are a vintage style? I hope they do realize that people buy these because of the attractions/parks/time periods they represent, not the fact that the vintage style is "in" right now.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
I wonder if I could buy one there, and exchange it for the Americana Figgy in EPCOT.:lookaroun:lol:

[/ Evil but considering it...]

They have the Americana and Spring time one both at Epcot and at the Character Warehouse as of yesturday.

Tehe, I know 100% you could get away with it as when ever I return things to Epcot that is Figgy merchandise, I have never been asked for a receipt.

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
I wonder if Disney thinks these shirts sell because they are a vintage style? I hope they do realize that people buy these because of the attractions/parks/time periods they represent, not the fact that the vintage style is "in" right now.

Well it is a bit of both, I have spoken to numerous people in the parks before that have "liked to retro look" so bought the shirt, but then there are alot more who have the EPCOT CENTER love affair. :)

EPCOT Explorer

I have the blue one and I love that design. I wish they didn't go with the vintage cut though because the sizes are about one size smaller than they actually state. I can still wear my XXL, but just like my new Mr. Toad shirt I got this summer, it's hardly a true XXL.

I wish they could give the vintage look to the parks....Esp. EPCOT...:lookaroun:lol:

dxwwf3

Well it is a bit of both, I have spoken to numerous people in the parks before that have "liked to retro look" so bought the shirt, but then there are alot more who have the EPCOT CENTER love affair. :)

You're right. I'm sure there are folks who might be casual visitors who buy the shirts for that reason. I guess what I'm talking about is the masses that buy these (they are obviously selling well because they keep coming out with more designs). I didn't buy the Dreamfinder/Figment tan colored shirt last year because it was shorter, more narrow, and had shorter sleeves than regular t-shirts. In fact, I got that shirt among others in spite of the cut :)

MissM

Can't see the pics. :cry:

509 Bandwidth Limit ExceededBandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

yoyoflamingo

I almost bought the green one this past July with the Birthday Fun Card. However, all the ones I saw the names of the pavilions on the patches were smearing/smeared off. I was worried that one wash would already ruin it, so I passed. I still think it's a fantastic shirt though, just wish I knew it wouldn't fade.

HDS

Now if they Retro'ed Epcot back to 80's style and sold futuristic shirts, I would buy that for a dollar =D

Thrill Seeker

I saw this really awesome Horizons pin that I need to somehow track down that a guest had when I was working...I wonder if there are other retro Epcot Center Attraction pins...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom