A Disneyland for the New Century!

Spike-in-Berlin

Looming over the whole of Disneyland is The Beast's Enchanted Castle, a magical yet ominous fortress that will create a new standard for Disney theme-park castles. Yeah folks, it's off to Fantasyland. Here is a picture of the castle that will make it easier to visualize the castle. This would be the view of the castle from the Adventureland and Frontierland side. http://www.randysouders.com/beautybeast.jpg

The design of the castle must be heavily altered, im really sorry. As an architect who eg. designed several hotels as a task during my studies I can tell you it is far to slim to take up even half the rooms necessary for your elaborated floorplans, especially as it includes a fullsize theater (which means a lot of backstage area), several restaurants and a complete resort plus spa. You will never be able to include all functions in a squarefootage that small, on a footprint this castle design would make necessary.
Especially not if you want to avoid that most major functions are on completely different, multiple levels like a highrise. You could only use the example you show us if you would severely alter or better manipulate the scale. And that would destroy its appearance.
You have to either plan much less functions or use a different castle. In the castle shown you could include 2 or 3 restaurants and a rather small resort plus spa.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
I don't get what you are saying. This would be a full-scale version of the castle with zero expense spared. I do not see why it could not be done and still look like a castle at the end of the day. I understand that it would be an arduous task to complete, but I do not think it would have to be altered in any way. I realize that staff quarters, backstage areas, kitchens, etc. will be needed and I did take that into account when I thought about the layout of the castle. A more realistic approach I suppose would be to build the theater, restaurants, ballroom, etc and then fit the castle walls and spires around it. I don't know. I'm not taking myself seriously here. It's all a fantasy. :king:

Spike-in-Berlin

I don't get what you are saying. This would be a full-scale version of the castle with zero expense spared. I do not see why it could not be done and still look like a castle at the end of the day. I understand that it would be an arduous task to complete, but I do not think it would have to be altered in any way. I realize that staff quarters, backstage areas, kitchens, etc. will be needed and I did take that into account when I thought about the layout of the castle. A more realistic approach I suppose would be to build the theater, restaurants, ballroom, etc and then fit the castle walls and spires around it. I don't know. I'm not taking myself seriously here. It's all a fantasy. :king:

Sorry I just wanted to help. :(:eek:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
There's nothing wrong with a little debate now and then. I'm glad there are people out there that get into this stuff as much as I do. :king:

Discovery Bay

Hey Adventurer,

It's been 12 days since your last post. Any update on Fantasyland? I'm dying to see how your reinvention of that land turns out. By the way, after Magic Kingdom, does anybody think about what Adventurer's reinvented version of Epcot is like? Let me know when Fantasyland is done.

Discovery Bay

The Adventurer

Original Poster
I don't know when my next big post will be. I'm very busy with school at the moment, but I am already half done with this portion of my classes and I'll have an entire month off in three weeks so I'll definitely be able to catch up with my thread. To tide everyone over, I have numerous ideas planned for Fantasyland including a mine car ride themed to Snow White, a Mary Poppins themed merry-go-round that jumps the tracks and revamped versions of the Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan dark rides. Thanks for posting comments. :king:

JEANYLASER

What about Mickey's Toontown any ideas for Mickey's toontown any ride and show that you can make up ideas for Mickey's toontown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom