A Disney thing....That people do

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We used to do the fast pass thing all the time. It was fun to do, and we were the recipients of them sometimes as well. Guess I will have to find some other way to be nice.

Lisalyn

I've been the recipient of FP's several times! Most recently this past November 2013. My daughter and I were freaking out about the 2+ hours line for Rock N Rollercoaster. As we turned to walk away a couple teenage girls offered us up not 2 but 4 FP's that were good for like 20 minutes from then. They had to leave. My daughter was extremely excited. Being that there was only 2 of us we used 2 of the FP's and gave the other 2 to a CM to give to somebody else...win win for all!

habuma

Not exactly the same thing, but last year when we were in Disneyland, the crowd for Fantasmic! was already quite large and we were going to be standing toward the back and our little ones would've had a hard time seeing. Then this man comes up to us and asks where we're from and wanted to know if we'd like to sit up close and center. Well, sure we would! So he took us up to a spot he had set aside for several people to join him.

Apparently, he goes to DL most every time that Fantasmic! is showing and shows up early and stakes out a large space using tarps. Then as people show up he invites them to view the show up close. It was still cramped space, but we got to sit and could see really well.

Ever since then, we've been thinking that'd be a wonderful way to spend retirement...just go to Disneyland everyday and stake out a spot for you and a few dozen of your newest friends to watch Fantasmic!

graphite1326

Original Poster
We used to do the fast pass thing all the time. It was fun to do, and we were the recipients of them sometimes as well. Guess I will have to find some other way to be nice.
I just thought about this, I have given several away but have nevere received one. I guess now I never will

JohnD

As a passholder with a TIW card, it's not likely I'll have better deals than 20% off food. But I had lots of coupons at my disposal (5%, 10%, 15%). I decided to hand them out. I was at the Ghiardeli (sp?) chocolate store and handed a father a 5% off coupon. He couldn't snatch it way fast enough. He gave me a high five also. Felt good.

I would also open up wheelchair gates for those who needed it. Otherwide, the person pushing the wheelchair would have to stop, open the gate, and maneuver it through. I actually enjoyed my time more by doing these little things.

The one pay-it-forward thing you can no longer do is give away FastPasses. When I was last in Epcot, I was overheated and had to rest in first aid for over an hour. I had a FP for 4:30 for Soarin'. By the time I got there, I just wasn't feeling it. I had no success giving it directly to a guest but I gave it to a CM to give to a lucky guest who should walk up.

Disney Shib

My brother and I, along with my now fiance went down to Disney in 2012 after my College Graduation to celebrate. We were in Epcot at the Rose & Crown and met a couple who had just lost their son a year or two before in Afganistan. We had a table by the Hat Lady and they were standing. My brother had invited them to sit down with us. The dad got a bit choked up talking about how Disney was his son's favorite thing to do. We had bought them a round of drink to toast the memory of their son and thank him for giving everything for us. The Hat lady had heard the conversation during her break and when she returned to the piano she told the story and sang God Bless America. I swear to you there was not a dry eye in the building. To this day my fiance, brother and I talk about that day and remember it as being one of our favorites.

graphite1326

Original Poster
When was the last time you someone willing sat in visibly pooped in stroller?
Never, but you should read the entire thread before you try and start an argument. I'm sure there is some residual "poop" left over after someone else has used it and cleaned it up. I'm sure they clean it very well (sarcasm- since I have to explain it). The other poster said they wouldn't use a used poncho due to sweat. You can't see that either.

Uncle Remus

Never, but you should read the entire thread before you try and start an argument. I'm sure there is some residual "poop" left over after someone else has used it and cleaned it up. I'm sure they clean it very well (sarcasm- since I have to explain it). The other poster said they wouldn't use a used poncho due to sweat. You can't see that either.

I read the thread. I didnt start an argument. I made a statement. You quoted me. You started an argument. You took offense that I found your poncho swapping gross. I don't fault you for it. It's just not my thing.

Also I'm not sitting in a stroller. So it has no direct effect on me. The sweat in said poncho would still be wet. You say it can't be seen. It can damn sure still be felt though. It's not something I'd personally do. That's nasty. That's basically what I said.

The only issue seems to be the one you're taking with it. Being offended that I find your ritual gross. I love eating crawfish. My wife finds that gross. To each their own. Not that big a deal. I'd put it in simpler terms for you if I could but such simplicity doesn't exist. Go color something (no sarcasm)

Last edited:

Kenniejj

My brother and I, along with my now fiance went down to Disney in 2012 after my College Graduation to celebrate. We were in Epcot at the Rose & Crown and met a couple who had just lost their son a year or two before in Afganistan. We had a table by the Hat Lady and they were standing. My brother had invited them to sit down with us. The dad got a bit choked up talking about how Disney was his son's favorite thing to do. We had bought them a round of drink to toast the memory of their son and thank him for giving everything for us. The Hat lady had heard the conversation during her break and when she returned to the piano she told the story and sang God Bless America. I swear to you there was not a dry eye in the building. To this day my fiance, brother and I talk about that day and remember it as being one of our favorites.

Ok, now I am balling.

graphite1326

Original Poster
I read the thread. I didnt start an argument. I made a statement. You quoted me. You started an argument. You took offense that I found your poncho swapping gross. I don't fault you for it. It's just not my thing.

Also I'm not sitting in a stroller. So it has no direct effect on me. The sweat in said poncho would still be wet. You say it can't be seen. It can damn sure still be felt though. It's not something I'd personally do. That's nasty. That's basically what I said.

The only issue seems to be the one you're taking with it. Being offended that I find your ritual gross. I love eating crawfish. My wife finds that gross. To each their own. Not that big a deal. I'd put it in simpler terms for you if I could but such simplicity doesn't exist. Go color something (no sarcasm)
No I only work in graphite sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom