A Disney thing....That people do

FettFan

I had 4:00pm FastPasses to Toy Story Midway Mania during my trip last July, but once the afternoon rains came in (about 2:30), everyone was ready to go back to the hotel. So we gave our FP's to a nice family we were huddled under a picnic umbrella with by Toluca Turkey/Anaheim Produce. :)

HRHPrincessAriel

I'm the director of a dance team. I take my kiddos every 3 years or so. The past year I had a 5 park hopper of a kid that was removed from the team and couldn't go. Her trip was paid for by school well before hand and it was past time of getting $ back.

The 1st day we got there I found someone in the ticket line and handed it to them. I actually took me a long time to get rid of them!! No one believed me!!

I also encourage my kids to give away their youth meal tickets they didnt use on their way of the parks on the last day.

Clowd Nyne

My DW is the sweetest. She wants not just our kids but every kids trip to be extra special. She keeps a pocket of trader pins. When she sees a family with a small child on the bus or monorail, in line whatever she asks " do you trade pins?"
They're usually like "what?"
She says "here is a pin. You may not care for this one but if you see any cast member with a pin that you do like ask them to trade and they will."
It's just one of those things that makes it magical. We call them DISNEY MOMENTS.

Clowd Nyne

In 2004, my sister, 86-year old grandmother, and I found a spot on Main Street for Spectromagic. Grammy needed a restroom, and being in a wheelchair, needed some assistance, so we asked if the family (mom, dad, and little boy) would mind watching our space. They said yes. So when we returned, they asked if we would do the same so that they could grab a snack for the boy and visit the restroom before the parade, and of course we said yes. When they returned, the Dad had two Mickey mylar balloons, one for the boy, and one for Grammy :) She kept it (deflated, hanging on her wall) until she passed away months later.
:cry:

copcarguyp71

There have been several times when I have tried to give some away, but people look skeptical and refuse. I guess they think I want something from them.

I thought it was just me! I guess maybe I look like a flim flam artist or something but people seemed hesitant to take them...Maybe they thought it was a sales tactic for DVC or Disney Visa card:cautious:

graphite1326

Original Poster
At the end of our last visit, I had DDP points left over. Waited by the end of the line at POP until a family came through. Dad was wearing an Operation Enduring Freedom hat, so I asked if he had served in theater. He said that he had and I told the cashier that I would be taking care of their meal. As I work for the Army, I always seek out veterans wherever I can and try to do something nice for them. He was planning on paying cash for his meal (even though it was October and Free Dining was in play) and was so happy because he now had a little spending cash for them to get souvenirs.
Oh man! I wish I would have thought of that. We had meals left over on our last trip also.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Last Sept, a man with a large family of about 7 had picked up Fastpasses for TSMM for 12:45 only to find out they had lunch reservations at the same time. So he was desperately trying to find a way to ride TSMM & make his lunch ressie. So we grabbed 3 fast passes of our own for 2:30 then agreed to switch with him. Then we went around to each kiosk asking if a family of 4 wanted to ride now @ 12:45 and switch fast passes with him. Success! It was truly a win win, for his family, our group, and the family of four.

Dog Ate Mouse

This happened at Animal Kingdom. The wife and I like to play those stupid Boardwalk style games that you win a prize at (Stuffed Animals) over in the one area with some type of small roller coaster. We won a really cool Mickey Mouse Doll and we already have two in our house. So we find parents that has one child and we ask them if there child can have the stuffed doll. They say yes and expect something like a favor and all we do is give them the toy for there child and the child smiles and hugs it and the parents smile and can't believe we did that. You see we go to the Jersey shore boardwalks a lot during the summer and play these games. We have won crock pots, can openers, pot & pans, drills. There is a stand or two that has small to medium stuffed animals that are good to give to our dogs (No hard eyes and only stuffing). Sometimes we win a few at one time and have to many to take home for the dogs so we just give them to families with small children. You will be surprised how people become dumb founded and do not know why you are doing something nice and want nothing in return. It's fun sometimes to see these people while we walk away smile and can't believe that someone has done something simple like that. I have once in awhile have bought a complete stranger a cup of coffee when they realized that they did not have enough cash on them. But really makes me the happiest to going back to the nursing home that my mom stayed when she passed away and just start playing Bluegrass songs some Gospel some not to the elderly. Want to see old folks perk up, smile and sing and have a genuine and sincere appreciation of what you did for them, then just show up and do that little thing. I truly feel we forget about the elderly and do not do enough for them. When I say this, stop and think about this. You may one day wind up in their situation and I hope that if it turns out to be me that some one will come in and play music for me or bring me a dog or cat to pet and hug every now and then when it is my time.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Last Sept, a man with a large family of about 7 had picked up Fastpasses for TSMM for 12:45 only to find out they had lunch reservations at the same time. So he was desperately trying to find a way to ride TSMM & make his lunch ressie. So we grabbed 3 fast passes of our own for 2:30 then agreed to switch with him. Then we went around to each kiosk asking if a family of 4 wanted to ride now @ 12:45 and switch fast passes with him. Success! It was truly a win win, for his family, our group, and the family of four.
You really went out of your way

graphite1326

Original Poster
This happened at Animal Kingdom. The wife and I like to play those stupid Boardwalk style games that you win a prize at (Stuffed Animals) over in the one area with some type of small roller coaster. We won a really cool Mickey Mouse Doll and we already have two in our house. So we find parents that has one child and we ask them if there child can have the stuffed doll. They say yes and expect something like a favor and all we do is give them the toy for there child and the child smiles and hugs it and the parents smile and can't believe we did that. You see we go to the Jersey shore boardwalks a lot during the summer and play these games. We have won crock pots, can openers, pot & pans, drills. There is a stand or two that has small to medium stuffed animals that are good to give to our dogs (No hard eyes and only stuffing). Sometimes we win a few at one time and have to many to take home for the dogs so we just give them to families with small children. You will be surprised how people become dumb founded and do not know why you are doing something nice and want nothing in return. It's fun sometimes to see these people while we walk away smile and can't believe that someone has done something simple like that. I have once in awhile have bought a complete stranger a cup of coffee when they realized that they did not have enough cash on them. But really makes me the happiest to going back to the nursing home that my mom stayed when she passed away and just start playing Bluegrass songs some Gospel some not to the elderly. Want to see old folks perk up, smile and sing and have a genuine and sincere appreciation of what you did for them, then just show up and do that little thing. I truly feel we forget about the elderly and do not do enough for them. When I say this, stop and think about this. You may one day wind up in their situation and I hope that if it turns out to be me that some one will come in and play music for me or bring me a dog or cat to pet and hug every now and then when it is my time.
I don't think I have ever seen anyone playing those games. How long will it be before Disney decides to take them out? I am surprised they are still there.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

My family would always do that with fp's . Then the next day someone would give us fp's. It was always nice to give a fp to a family with small kids and be like "You get to meet mickey now with NO WAIT".:)

DfromATX

Some very nice lady gave us her stroller during the night parade and Wishes, as she was leaving. We just returned it for her. Our boys were 3, and sleeping on my parents' scooters/lap. God bless her for giving us the stroller ( a double one). The adults were able to enjoy the rest of the evening while the boys slept.;)

Hi Bethymouse, just wanted to say hi if you remember me. I haven't been here in a while, but I must be missing Disney cause here I am... :)

draybook

We would enjoy doing this too.
I remember one time it took like 4 tries before my DH found someone to take the passes. I think it was a late evening on a slow day so fast passes were not in high demand. But I definitely remember joking with DH about how long it was going to take him to give them away.

We know that feeling. In March of 2012, we were at AK in the morning. We got FPs for the safari for 11-12. Well, they had a problem with the ride up until 1130ish and we had to leave the parking lot by 12:15 to get my daughter over to the WWoS for her first day of cheer competition. So my son and I spent 10 minutes by the FP machine entrance trying to give away our 4 FPs. The people looked at me as if I were trying to sell them a 1974 Pinto. Finally we had to leave so I handed them to a CM and asked them to find a family that could use them.

Uncle Remus

Whenever we bought strollers we'd always give them to a family with a youngster before leaving the park.

I wouldn't want someones poncho though. Just seems gross to me. What if they were sweating under it? When's the last time they bathed, etc.

graphite1326

Original Poster
Whenever we bought strollers we'd always give them to a family with a youngster before leaving the park.

I wouldn't want someones poncho though. Just seems gross to me. What if they were sweating under it? When's the last time they bathed, etc.
when was the last time a baby pooped in the stroller

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom