a disney morning?

dixiegirl

Original Poster
good morning everyone!! sorry to be cheery..lol but is anyone having a "DISNEY MORNING"? you may ask, well what the heck is a disney morning, ( ok i know i'm not in disney world ) but you ever have those mornings and go outside or let your dog or cat out and its one of those mornings that remind you of waking up early and starting your day in disney and the weather is not too hot yet , its very still outside and all you hear are the birds? well maybe those are piped in through god knows what in the resort area , but does anyone know what i mean by a disneylike morning? i think onmly us disney nuts here would know what i mean . if i asked just like a normal non disney nut they would probably look at me like i got ten heads!!! :sohappy:

wannab@dis

yeah, not really sure how to even reply to this one... you are kidding dixiegirl, right? if so, bad joke. if not, watch the news. there are many people suffering in FL right now and most of us are more worried about fellow members who are from the area.

thumper1971

stop criticizing

what is wrong with these negative people on this site, everybody in the world
knows what happened in florida, but people with happy dispositions that are happy and happy to be alive will do alot more for anyone that is down or devasted than you all that persist in pessimism, the world will continue to go on and people continue to die every day in different places of the world, im sure that you dont stop your daily routine.
again why dont you criticize the whole disney resort for opening today, i mean how could they, how insulting, what a disregard for humanity to open the happiest place on earth a day after the storm. i say good for them that there is a place where people can forget the worries and fears of the real world for a moment in time. isn't that what walt wanted. everyone including me is concerned for those in florida, i have relatives in orlando. let people make their posts in peace.

ditzeechick02

thumper1971 said:
what is wrong with these negative people on this site, everybody in the world
knows what happened in florida, but people with happy dispositions that are happy and happy to be alive will do alot more for anyone that is down or devasted than you all that persist in pessimism, the world will continue to go on and people continue to die every day in different places of the world, im sure that you dont stop your daily routine.
again why dont you criticize the whole disney resort for opening today, i mean how could they, how insulting, what a disregard for humanity to open the happiest place on earth a day after the storm. i say good for them that there is a place where people can forget the worries and fears of the real world for a moment in time. isn't that what walt wanted. everyone including me is concerned for those in florida, i have relatives in orlando. let people make their posts in peace.

I back you on that one 100% thumper... she was simply stating... a DISNEY morning.. not a happy day after the hurricane morning... Disney and FL are like two separate intities. Although they are together, when You're in Disney you feel like you're in your own little world! Stop with the criticism... make someone's day better and don't frown on other people! Obviously they aren't having a Disney day! :rolleyes:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
i'm sorry if i 0ffended anyone but my comment had nothing to do with being sarcastic. i was just being my normal happy self. sorry if i felt like sharing with these boards...they have gotten very grumpy lately...and i appoligize for the weather but honestly, that was not my intention..

SewIn2Disney

OMG...I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it's just the temperature (feels cool, but you know hot is on it's way), or the way it smells, but I'm always claiming that certain mornings (and sometimes evenings too!) "remind me of Disney"
My constant ine is "do you know this reminds me of?" And the anwser is always Disney. (regarding food, atmosphere, music, etc)

And before I get flamed for responding to an innocent thread, I feel for all of you in FL, you are all in my thoughts, and if you all need anything, let us all know!

Scooter

To some people, Walt Disney World IS their Happy Place...
..a place they can go to, to forget their sorrow and their troubles.

Yes indeed, Hurricaine Charley was a devastating event, a real tragedy.
over 15 Billion$ in damage, thousands without homes and at last count 15 lives were lost.

If ever there was a time we need to have a Disney Morning, it is now.

Disney World is the best place I know of that can cheer us all up after this tragic event.

I can't help thinking there are thousands of displaced people right now in Florida that could use a smile, a hug, and if you will, to have a Disney Morning.

I say let's bow our heads in sorrow and say a prayer for the people who lost Loved ones and or their homes in this tradgedy, and then try to let them know that they are in our thoughts and prayers and that even after tradgedy, life must go on, and in MY humble opinion, having thoughts of Disney and the magic that it brings to people is great positive reinforcement.

Kadee

First off, I did not think Dixiegirl was being insensitive. People are too quick to jump to conclusions or make assumptions (and I am included in that). That said, Yes. I know exactly what you mean. It is those perfect days that you wake up, see the beautiful sky and say "The only thing that could make this day better is if I were at Disney World." Today was one of those days. I live on the coast of Alabama and we usually have 95-100 (F) degree weather with 100% humidity. Well, for the past 2 weeks, our temps have been 80-90 degrees with very low humidity. I have felt that several times, but today was really like that.

surfsupdon

I did not have a Disney morning this AM, but do know exactly what you mean. Disney evenings can be just as pleasing, but they only happen in the summers.

Nice topic!

WDWEric

i am always saying to my wife this makes me think of disney, a lot of times I think of getting up at ASMusic walking past the calypso pool going to the food court filling up our souvenir cup and getting inline for the busses, man I miss those mornings!

JTFerret

I love a good Disney morning...especially when it's followed by a Disney afternoon, Disney evening, and Disney night. :lol:

I hope that now that Charlie is finished with Florida (and hopefully will do as little damage as possible to the Eastern coast), that Disney can be the escape for people again instead of a source of concern and worry.

Steamboat_Kevin

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I love them!
Anybody ever have a "Disney Night"? You know, nights that are not too warm but not too cool and everything is slightly illuminated by a little bit of light? Reminds me of walking around Epcot at night...
oorrr should I seek a CT Scan?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
disney anything is great.

except disney anna. That's kinda scary :zipit:

AliciaLuvzDizne

sometimes i'll smell things like popcorn or the ground just as it starts to rain and i'll think of disney...lately the humidity around here has been making me think disney too :lol:

or i can get into a certain situation and think of a disney song
lately "great big beautiful tommorow" has been helping me realize tommorow is a new day, you have to roll with the punches, realize the brakes dont always go your way.
try to remember...God only sends us what we can handle, that is why we only get one day at a time
so whenever i feel super troubled about my dad or school or anything else that seems to be the worst thing ever, i try to hum a disney song...

yesterday is gone, tommorow isnt here yet, today is a gift and that is why they call it the present

that got a bit heavy... okay lets lighten alicia up a bit... GO DISNEY!! :D

Erika

I've had a few of those!

Of course, they usually come on beautiful summer days, and the Disney feeling slips away as soon as I realize I need to go to work :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom