A Disney Adventure Park?

Would you visit a Disney Adventure Park?

• Yes

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

njchris65

I really find it amusing how people get so defensive when it comes to IOA and Disney parks.

I go to both. I love rides at both. Each is different.

Disney is family friendly (not just FOR families, as it seems to be implied in other posts). I've gone to Disney with friends almost every year for the past 10 years.

I also go to IOA (both Universal parks, actually).

I wouldn't miss the chance to go to them when I visit. I also wouldn't miss the chance to go to the Disney parks.

They *ARE* different. That doesn't make one "better".. just different.

I get that magic Disney feeling at the WDW parks. IOA I get a different feeling.. but I still have FUN.

As for the Teens at IOA.. um... I see plenty of families there too. And I've never had any rude guests on lines.

After all that.. I don't think Disney *needs* to build a thrill ride park. I fear they've put too many thrill rides in as it is. I miss Horizons!!! :)

i_miss_20k

a little of this, a little of that

it seems that several posts on this thread have ingredients of truth/validity. i'm sure disney does indeed want/need teen customers...those 6 year olds who loved "mermaid" eventually became 14 year olds with allowance money to blow. disney would be remiss to dismiss anyone between 10 and 30 (the 30 years olds being the ones with the young kids).

on the other hand...as has been addressed in other threads, a new park probably wouldn't be fiscally prudent either. i believe the strategy they've employed (amping up some older attractions and adding new ones in existing spaces) will and should continue so that WDW remains a "family" destination. including those families with teens.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by jaylenofan86
What you call awesome, I call stupid and pointless. Disney doesn't need the teen crowd that IOA and Universal has.
Aren't todays teenagers tomorrows parents ????
Disney needs to do something more to attract teenagers and tomorrows younger parents - but it doesn't need to do it with an adventure park. More "adventure" type rides (RNR, TT, TOT and M:S) are needed

agdbeanie

I would visit anything that Disney concocted as long as they keep up the same standards and don't stoop to the low level of customer service that other parks have.

blm07

Originally posted by njchris65
I really find it amusing how people get so defensive when it comes to IOA and Disney parks.

I go to both. I love rides at both. Each is different.

Disney is family friendly (not just FOR families, as it seems to be implied in other posts). I've gone to Disney with friends almost every year for the past 10 years.

I also go to IOA (both Universal parks, actually).

I wouldn't miss the chance to go to them when I visit. I also wouldn't miss the chance to go to the Disney parks.

They *ARE* different. That doesn't make one "better".. just different.

I get that magic Disney feeling at the WDW parks. IOA I get a different feeling.. but I still have FUN.

As for the Teens at IOA.. um... I see plenty of families there too. And I've never had any rude guests on lines.

I agree, I wouldn't miss a chance to go to any park. Sometimes I get the feeling that alot of people hate Universal if they really like Disney or something, I just don't get it. Of course they arn't the same.

Anyway, I have had 1 time when someone in line at Universal made me mad, but thats becuase I used to go like 2 times a week for a year, I knew it would happen at least once. Universal / IOA was like a second home to me (thats how you truley feel with a annual pass). I think I've had a bad thing happen at Disney, but I'm always having fun, and I forget about it. Oh yeah and all the times I have been to Universal / IOA the employees were always good for me.

crazy2363

An ADventure park would be a great idea if they would put a 110% effort. Mostly Spiderman Dinosaur Journey to the center of the Earth calibure rides which require money they would have the greatest park if they could have a DisneySea with more thrills while still incorperating the "disney esqe" atmosphere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom