A Disney Adventure Park?

Would you visit a Disney Adventure Park?

• Yes

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

Lores

Of course I would go to a Disney thrill park. The question is not about going, is about liking the park existence. I mean, I think none of WDW fans wouldn't go to a new Disney park, theme or thrill.

If I'm asked what do I like, a new Disney Theme park like Florida Adventure for examlpe, or a Disney Thrill park, I would definetively choose the theme park. The main reason? Existence.

I write existence because there are A LOT of thrill parks around the world, hey, even here in Mexico City we have two. But Disneyland, places where magic becomes a reality, places were you wander inside a dream... Only Disney Land makes that!

If disney builds a thrill park, even if its a great Disney park, it would join all the many other thrill parks. MK, AK, EC, D/MGMS, CA, DL, etc... They are unique.

Besides, it would be very expensive. Disney is special because each ride tells a story. Duelling Dragons queue area tells a story, but it gets reduced to a dragon fight after you board the roller coaster. Hulk does even less, Hulk does not even have a story, I mean, the coaster is named Hulk because its green, but if you changed it to purple it could be "The green Goblin Attack", or something. Now try to change the name to space mountain leaving the ride like it is... Impossible.

If Disney build a thrill park, each ride would tell a story, and to tell a story inside a Roller Coaster... Difficult task or very expensive.

Leave Six Flags and Busch-Anheuser their stuff, let them build teenager thrills, non magical parks. Let them build thrills without any other interest that the vertical and lateral g's. But Disney, only they can make us live a dream and if they are so good at, why spend money in something everyone does?

dopey

Originally posted by Michael72688
Why doesnt Disney just build a darn park with some really great rollercoasters, water rides, and thrill rides (DDFF) I know many people are just going to say, thats not what Disney is about, they are about making boring childish rides, but I personally think if they build a really good Adventure Park (like IOA) they could attract a new type of crowd to WDW! Tell me what you think

Two words, Michael: DisneyQuest (OK, it's one word). Outside of the one at WDW, catering solely to the teen market hasn't worked well for the Mouse House.

That said, I would agree that if Disney did commit the vast resources needed to build a park comprised exclusively of thrill rides, it would blow the competition clear away. The reality is that they're simply not going to do it. You can dream, though, my friend!

One other thought: cheeseburgers and chocolate milkshakes are pretty darn tasty. But if you had a steady diet of nothing but cheeseburgers and chocolate milkshakes, you'd get bored with cheeseburgers and chocolate milkshakes after awhile (and pretty darn fat, to boot). The same could be said of thrill rides. Which is another reason why so many people appreciate those "boring childish rides" at Disney so much. :)

Justin

I would love to see another disney park on property. I would also like to see it be a huge conbination of everything; Amazing out of this world theming,Thrill Rides,Coasters,Family Dark rides & Dark rides, Flat Rides, a couple of kiddie areas, and a few good water rides, Like maybe a River Raft,River Rapids and a heavily themed Log Flume.

I dont see why this couldn't happen either, WDI has thought alot of cool stuff and they're always coming up with new ideas, To boast a park and make a huge selection of everything would bring guests sworming over to the parks, (especially since its disney).

Things use to be that way.... when Magic Kingdom was built it had allitle bit over everything. People had never thought about a coaster in the dark.... That was the most intense thing back then. Now Disney is just aimed more towards the family activities and classical attractions [Which isn't a bad thing] but it would be cool to see a park with a mixture of everything. :big grin:

aust

add to the 4

i diss agree about adding a thrill park.
Iam 15 I love thrills any rollercoaster I come in contact with I ride but,
at this stage at wdw they need to focus on the four existing parks
including thrills and theming.:) :D :)

Michael72688

Original Poster
Originally posted by DixieBelle97
I'm a teenager and I believe that WDW is one of the greatest theme parks ever. :D But,....I have been to IOA and it's pretty spectacular. WDW does need a park with more thrilling rides similar to IOA b/c after riding those BIG rollercoasters, I'm hungry for more thrills than what RnR and ToT can give me.:slurp:

Rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the new coaster at AK just don't make the cut to me.

It's not that WDW isn't fun. I have a great time when I'm there:cool:, but teenagers like me believe that WDW needs more extreme rides in order to compete with IOA's The Hulk and The Dueling Dragons. Teenagers will have more fun with more thrills. Since WDW is a family theme park, it should be more fun for teenagers too.

Please, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!! :hammer:

It makes sense, last I checked teens where part of the family

Tim G

Re: i agree

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
i agree with jayleno86.
i go to disney for what disney is.
i will get my thrill rides at great adventure or universal...
again, disney is what it is, and that should not change

Right !!!

wdwmaniac

I think it would be cool for Disney to have a Trill theme park but if they do they should keep to there themeing and add otehr rides but primarily make it a trill ride park.
The only thing aganist ths would be Coaster are in one day and out the next there always going to be a better one. But Disney rides are special and never out dated. (small world)

BenS

Sounds like some dumb ValleyFair park (for those of you who don't live in mid-Minnesota, think Six-Flags). Disney's not about that.

WDWDen

I would LOVE to see Disney build a thrill park. It would be my favorite park if they would do it right. They had a good idea with California Adventure, but they needed a bigger coaster. Soarin is pretty much there best ride. If they build one, they should go BIG. Make it stand out as a coaster park, like SFMM and Cedar Point. It would be the only great coaster park in the south east. BG is pretty good, but not awesome. I think Disney would do good with a BIG park. It would take back a lot of buisness from IOA and start filling up some of the empty hotels on property. Too many people are going to Universal now. Disney could build somthing that would crush IOA and make a lot of people happy. Those who dont like that kind of park could stay at the other parks. But most of my friends wind up going to Cedar Point and BG every year also. It would be easier for us to spend a few more days on Disney property and in Disney hotels.

Dennis

Dandyboing

Definetly not.

It's just not Disney to make something tear the family apart. It goes against all they've really worked for at WDW.

Donaldistheduck

OK, I have read every post on this board and it is time to vent. First off, I am a Teenager and I do take offense to any commit that says "Let the teenagers stay at IOA". Yes, there are a lot of teenagers that get out of line at parks, but......NEWS FLASH.....there are adults like that too. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen a grown man or woman pushing and shoving and running and bumping into people without even saying "Excuse me". Now, to the point, if disney built a thrill park it would be a GREAT idea. I dont care what anybody says IOA is a great, great park. It hits a market that sometimes disney doesnt hit, and its not just all coasters. Poseidens Fury is a great show and Suess Landing rivals any of disneys kiddy lands. Hulk and Dragons are great coasters (though i'll agree, they dont have a preshow, BUT it doesnt take away from the ride). Jurassic park is a great ride, and IM SORRY FOR SAYING THIS, BUT SPIDER MAN IS THE GREATEST RIDE EVER BUILT. The preshow is incredible, the news room is great, and the ride is amazing, a ride like that, in 3D! Its mind-blowing. If disney did a "Thrill Park" they could build it like this, have a couple of coasters, some intense walk through shows, and who wouldnt love a ride like spiderman with a disney theme, maybe one for aladdin. If disney could do this in their own "Disney way" then it would be incredible. They could also have something for the kids there, maybe a lil coaster, like goofy's barnstormer. When Animal Kingdom first came out, I had no intentions of going to the "Over-grown Zoo", but I tried it, and I loved it. Im sure it would be the same ways when this came out. Dont get me wrong, I love Disney way better than IOA, but just because it wasnt Disney didnt mean I couldnt be impressed with it! I think that if Disney did it there own way, it would be a very, very cool park.

blm07

Islands of Adventure is a theme park. A adventure park is Busch Gardens, which I also like. I think there are 2 rides that don't have much theming in IOA (Flying Unicorn, Storm Force) the rest do have good theming. Busch Gardens had very little theming, altough it still is a good park. Universal is also not bad on theming. As for Disney making a thrill park, well nah, I don't need all that much thrills, but I do like roller coasters. Well the fair is coming soon around here, I do think that their rides are safe, I've never heard of any acidents from rides at the fair in my area.

And I don't think any park is dumb or stupid just becuase it isnt Disney.

Nansafan

Originally posted by WDWDen
It would take back a lot of buisness from IOA and start filling up some of the empty hotels on property. Too many people are going to Universal now. Disney could build somthing that would crush IOA and make a lot of people happy. Those who dont like that kind of park could stay at the other parks. But most of my friends wind up going to Cedar Point and BG every year also. It would be easier for us to spend a few more days on Disney property and in Disney hotels.

Dennis

I must be going the wrong time of the year. What empty hotels on property? Whenever we go, we have to give our travel agent 2nd and 3rd choices for hotels to look into because of resorts being "filled". We've never had any luck upgrading at check-in because of the resorts being filled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom