A complete stranger making your day at Disney

figment's bud

I stayed at the POP dec of 2010 and my fiance and I were in the arcade I seen a little girl in a wheel chair saying mom i only need 1300 tickets to get the mickey stuffed animal her mom sadly said im sorry you know we saved for 2 years just to come to Disney , the little 5 yr old girl rolled away crying , early that day i won 1500 on DEal or no deal ( i won 3 times) Im very good lol the mickey was 1500 eactly i got it i seen the little girl and said hey i found won this and i cant fit it in my luggage will you take care of him for me?> This little girl now with the biggest smile on her face put her arms out and gave me a hug, i see her mom coming out of the blue and thinking oh god i hope she doesnt think im some weirdo , her mom comes up to me telling me her husband seen that i got the mickey and she gave me a hug while crying saying you dont know how much this means to us, steffanie (her daughter) she said was born paralized and was diagnosed with cancer at age 2 and with how much treatments are cant really afford extra things. I begin to WEEEP, she told me she has 2 days left and the daughter wanted to show me her room, when i left i went to the front desk asked to talk to a manager the manager sent her a huge gift basket and free breakfast with cinderella and invited me and my Fiance too. I ended up getting MOMS email she emails me from time to time and says now her daughter being 6 was given 3 yrs to live with her leukima treatments , but said every time she goes she has to go 3x a week for an hr a day the only thing she ever wants to bring is.. her stuffed mickey now that made me feel so good and i pray for steffanie every night.

After that everybody else's stories stink. This thread should be closed because nothing will top this. Way to make somebody's day/life!

juniorthomas

I stayed at the POP dec of 2010 and my fiance and I were in the arcade I seen a little girl in a wheel chair saying mom i only need 1300 tickets to get the mickey stuffed animal her mom sadly said im sorry you know we saved for 2 years just to come to Disney , the little 5 yr old girl rolled away crying , early that day i won 1500 on DEal or no deal ( i won 3 times) Im very good lol the mickey was 1500 eactly i got it i seen the little girl and said hey i found won this and i cant fit it in my luggage will you take care of him for me?> This little girl now with the biggest smile on her face put her arms out and gave me a hug, i see her mom coming out of the blue and thinking oh god i hope she doesnt think im some weirdo , her mom comes up to me telling me her husband seen that i got the mickey and she gave me a hug while crying saying you dont know how much this means to us, steffanie (her daughter) she said was born paralized and was diagnosed with cancer at age 2 and with how much treatments are cant really afford extra things. I begin to WEEEP, she told me she has 2 days left and the daughter wanted to show me her room, when i left i went to the front desk asked to talk to a manager the manager sent her a huge gift basket and free breakfast with cinderella and invited me and my Fiance too. I ended up getting MOMS email she emails me from time to time and says now her daughter being 6 was given 3 yrs to live with her leukima treatments , but said every time she goes she has to go 3x a week for an hr a day the only thing she ever wants to bring is.. her stuffed mickey now that made me feel so good and i pray for steffanie every night.

An amazing story indeed. Please let her know that we're all thinking of her and hope that she can get back to Disney soon!

wilkeliza

I wonder if she has used a Make-a-Wish yet? If not someone should submit her for a Disney vacation. I don't know the process but my family has been through it before.
I sadly lost a close relative when I was little to childhood leukemia. The relative and I were 7 or 8. I'll never forget her Princess for a day pictures from when Make-A-Wish took her to Disney. I know leukemia treatments can make kids pretty sick but it is worth emailing her mom about it. From what I recall she got sick a few times during the trip because chemo mad her weak but she kept pushing through because she always wanted to meet Cinderella. Heck it is worth a shot to give a little girl a few more magical days in the Kingdom.

Billy6

Not a huge act of kindness, but one year, my sister and I went down to the World. While we were in line for Soarin', we struck up a convo with a couple and their 10yr old-ish son..just talking about odds and ends, and our trips. When it became time for the CM to ask us how many in our party at the turnstile, who was going to cut off the line to let a huge wave of FP guests in(it was huge), I answered "5 people", even though it was just me and my sister. The CM let us all in and cut off the standby line just as I expected. The wife kinda looked graciously shocked that I had done that, but hey, we were having a good chat with them and it continued in the concourse and while exiting. They thanked us and wished us a great trip, to which we "ditto-ed"...

Like I said, not huge but a little goes a long way....

forevermickey

Wow... how blessed you are for being there for her and she and her mother are for meeting someone with such a big heart as yourself. I will pray for her as well. Thank you for sharing that story.:)

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
They made
court-jester1.jpg

???

Well, didn't look quite that happy??? But sure felt that way!!!! :ROFLOL:

LilSuzy

Truly amazing random act of kindness, :)

juniorthomas

Not a huge act of kindness, but one year, my sister and I went down to the World. While we were in line for Soarin', we struck up a convo with a couple and their 10yr old-ish son..just talking about odds and ends, and our trips. When it became time for the CM to ask us how many in our party at the turnstile, who was going to cut off the line to let a huge wave of FP guests in(it was huge), I answered "5 people", even though it was just me and my sister. The CM let us all in and cut off the standby line just as I expected. The wife kinda looked graciously shocked that I had done that, but hey, we were having a good chat with them and it continued in the concourse and while exiting. They thanked us and wished us a great trip, to which we "ditto-ed"...

Like I said, not huge but a little goes a long way....

Absolutely. It's little things like that that you remember from trips to Disney. And of course, I'll make sure to try to stand near you in line next time around!

BigRedDad

@Disneydreamer23,
Great story. I had to explain to my DD4 at the time about a Make A Wish family. She asked why they were able to keep riding and not get off. It was hard to tell her in a way she could understand, but she figured it out. I told her I would wait 10 hours with her just to have the chance to ride it one more time and that it is possible that this family would never have that opportunity again. The good thing is that it shut a person up behind us that was complaining.

Morganificent

I love how friendly everyone in Disney World is, even with complete strangers. We've been given handfuls of FastPasses now from others who wouldn't be using them. There's always that passerby who sees you struggling to take a picture of yourself and offers to take one for you. I just love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom