A complete stranger making your day at Disney

stillgoofy

A few years ago when they were doing Year of a Million Dreams, my daughter and I were entering MK late afternoon and knew that lines would be long but that we could still do a few rides. Then someone walks up to us and hands us their two Dream Fast Passes that they had been given as part of the giveaway. You know the kind you wear around your neck and are good for all fast pass rides. You break off a tab for each ride as you use them. And they had only used a couple and there were plenty left for us to use. This was so awesome and such an unexpected treat.

Over the years we have given away many fast passes that we didn't use to help make someone's day. What a great feeling.

Nemo14

We often give away unused fast passes and we've probably taken more pictures of strangers than we have of ourselves. DH laughs at me because whenever I see someone taking a picture of their family I always ask if they want to be in the picture too (since I never want to be in our pictures :eek:). But we've also been known to give away pocket fans to kids in line (on our last day) or even spray fans.

juniorthomas

While waiting in an incredibly long line at SM (we were all the way out into the main walkway it seemed...), we befriended a newlywed couple that was standing in line with us. They had just been married and were enjoying (what would have to be) a wonderful honeymoon at WDW. After 10 minutes of very little progress in the line, a CM noticed the two newlyweds and offered them a free pass to the head of the line.

Although we had only known them for about 10 minutes, they said they'd only accept if the CM would bring our group along too. He did and we jumped at least an hours worth of a wait.

It was a small gesture, but one that I've never forgotten. They had no reason to bring us along, and we didn't ask. They were just exceptionally nice people. It was a great night, that's for sure.

Kamikaze

Well no he didnt but we did think the jesters made, were very nice :wave:

They made
court-jester1.jpg

???

BigRedDad

I have gotten random things like a free CS meal because someone was leaving and needed to use credits and fastpasses. I think I made a families day the last time at DHS. I had the certificate for Give a Day. We chose to get fastpasses. We loaded up on something like 25 FPs for TSMM (I think we got 5 fastpasses with each GAD thing). We used one set that we got with our daily tickets. One thing lead to another and we did not make it back. As we were heading out, there was a guy and his wife with his 2 daughters. I handed him all 25 fastpasses and told him to have fun. The face on his daughters' faces were priceless when they realized they would be able to ride it.

plutofan15

With my wife being a CM, we are able to get strollers at no cost so we usually get two strollers for our 3 & 5 year olds. We usually leave the parks around 6pm so we try to give the strollers to people entering who look to need one. Most people are surprised and manage to get out a "thank you". We say have a good time and head on out.

CaptainShortty

When I go to the Parks I like to offer to take pictures of couples or family. Usuallly one person has to take the picture and get left out. So I love to male their day by taking the picture.

Being a CM, it's practically in my blood to take other people's pictures for them. They're always so greatful. Even though I'm back at home I still ask people when I see them taking family pictures in different places. I just can't help it!

During the holiday season we put mini stockings outside our hotel room door, and fill them with little candy-canes. People and CMs will take them through the day and we refill it at night. (We're big into the holiday spirit...)

A few years ago, someone left a note in one of the empty stockings thanking us and letting us know that they really appreciated it and it made their trip more magical! That really made us feel good. We didn't set out to get attention or thanks, but just to be spirited :p

We've had people leaving the park give us fastpasses as well. That's one of the greatest things! :p

To all of the people making Disney a little more magical, thank you!

This is an awesome idea!! Super cute!! Thanks for helping make some extra special holiday magic! :)

captainkidd

Last week, I was at the MK sitting on a bench by Town Hall. I saw a family with a child with Make A Wish shirts on. Like an idiot, I did nothing but think how sad that was. Afterward, I spent about an hour walking around looking for the family so I could maybe buy the little girl a balloon or a plushy of some sort.

Got me thinking, I'd love to see Disney have a time during the day, or maybe a couple times a week where they have kids there on the Make A Wish foundation have some time dedicated just to them, where guests could buy them a balloon or something. Just to make them feel better. I know this would probably not work, but it'd sure be nice to see something along those lines.

ThatBrunette

On hearing about my first trip to DL, my friend said, "You can feel Walt Disney's presence as you walk down Main Street".

"I've been going to WDW since the 70s"

"No, it's different at DL, you'll see"

Alone, I walked into the park after rope-drop. I got to the start of Main Street thinking, I wasn't feeling any new magic. Next to me I heard a gasp. I looked down and a little girl pointed and said breathlessly, "Mickey Mouse".

I looked up and said "Thank you, Uncle Walt".

juniorthomas

On hearing about my first trip to DL, my friend said, "You can feel Walt Disney's presence as you walk down Main Street".

"I've been going to WDW since the 70s"

"No, it's different at DL, you'll see"

Alone, I walked into the park after rope-drop. I got to the start of Main Street thinking, I wasn't feeling any new magic. Next to me I heard a gasp. I looked down and a little girl pointed and said breathlessly, "Mickey Mouse".

I looked up and said "Thank you, Uncle Walt".

Amazing.

lbrad

we've received from others and have passed along fast passes that weren't going to be used otherwise. we also like to take the time to acknowledge people wearing their buttons since others have done the same for us.

We too pass on our Fastpasses that weren't going to be used & we ALWAYS acknowledge buttons.

This year ...for the first time (since my kids are now grown) ... I was able to give my spot to a little one who couldn't see the Electric Parade :sohappy:
The little things mean a lot!

lbrad

Last week, I was at the MK sitting on a bench by Town Hall. I saw a family with a child with Make A Wish shirts on. Like an idiot, I did nothing but think how sad that was. Afterward, I spent about an hour walking around looking for the family so I could maybe buy the little girl a balloon or a plushy of some sort.

Got me thinking, I'd love to see Disney have a time during the day, or maybe a couple times a week where they have kids there on the Make A Wish foundation have some time dedicated just to them, where guests could buy them a balloon or something. Just to make them feel better. I know this would probably not work, but it'd sure be nice to see something along those lines.

What a great idea!!!

When we were @ FoTKL last week ... the "Giraffe CM" picked a little girl who was blind (walking stick) to go up to demonstrate the giraffe for us ... she was so great with her!!!! I could she the little girls mother had tears in her eyes ... so did I ...it was very touching

Disneydreamer23

I stayed at the POP dec of 2010 and my fiance and I were in the arcade I seen a little girl in a wheel chair saying mom i only need 1300 tickets to get the mickey stuffed animal her mom sadly said im sorry you know we saved for 2 years just to come to Disney , the little 5 yr old girl rolled away crying , early that day i won 1500 on DEal or no deal ( i won 3 times) Im very good lol the mickey was 1500 eactly i got it i seen the little girl and said hey i found won this and i cant fit it in my luggage will you take care of him for me?> This little girl now with the biggest smile on her face put her arms out and gave me a hug, i see her mom coming out of the blue and thinking oh god i hope she doesnt think im some weirdo , her mom comes up to me telling me her husband seen that i got the mickey and she gave me a hug while crying saying you dont know how much this means to us, steffanie (her daughter) she said was born paralized and was diagnosed with cancer at age 2 and with how much treatments are cant really afford extra things. I begin to WEEEP, she told me she has 2 days left and the daughter wanted to show me her room, when i left i went to the front desk asked to talk to a manager the manager sent her a huge gift basket and free breakfast with cinderella and invited me and my Fiance too. I ended up getting MOMS email she emails me from time to time and says now her daughter being 6 was given 3 yrs to live with her leukima treatments , but said every time she goes she has to go 3x a week for an hr a day the only thing she ever wants to bring is.. her stuffed mickey now that made me feel so good and i pray for steffanie every night.

mickey2008.1

We always give our fat passes away at the end of the day, usually 1 hour before park closing, not including EMH. Which means they are valid for 4 hours! But last year at poly, on our last day, we bought breakfast for three using our DP counter services at Captain Cooks, and it felt great!

captainkidd

i stayed at the pop dec of 2010 and my fiance and i were in the arcade i seen a little girl in a wheel chair saying mom i only need 1300 tickets to get the mickey stuffed animal her mom sadly said im sorry you know we saved for 2 years just to come to disney , the little 5 yr old girl rolled away crying , early that day i won 1500 on deal or no deal ( i won 3 times) im very good lol the mickey was 1500 eactly i got it i seen the little girl and said hey i found won this and i cant fit it in my luggage will you take care of him for me?> this little girl now with the biggest smile on her face put her arms out and gave me a hug, i see her mom coming out of the blue and thinking oh god i hope she doesnt think im some weirdo , her mom comes up to me telling me her husband seen that i got the mickey and she gave me a hug while crying saying you dont know how much this means to us, steffanie (her daughter) she said was born paralized and was diagnosed with cancer at age 2 and with how much treatments are cant really afford extra things. I begin to weeep, she told me she has 2 days left and the daughter wanted to show me her room, when i left i went to the front desk asked to talk to a manager the manager sent her a huge gift basket and free breakfast with cinderella and invited me and my fiance too. I ended up getting moms email she emails me from time to time and says now her daughter being 6 was given 3 yrs to live with her leukima treatments , but said every time she goes she has to go 3x a week for an hr a day the only thing she ever wants to bring is.. Her stuffed mickey now that made me feel so good and i pray for steffanie every night.

awesome!!!!

valleyfan

I always offer to take family pictures so someine doesn't get left out and a few years back a couple were in front of us getting on the monorail and gave us passes for the next day they weren't going to use...Before the whole finger print days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom