A Christmas Treat At WDW...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone..I can't help it...Mrs Hatter was sitting watching a Christmas film this morning and the tears were running down her cheeks..But what caught my attention was the Christmas dinner on the table..It looked awesome with the huge turkey ( I still can't imagine the size of the Turkey that the famous leg comes from ) Anyway, where would you go in WDW for your Christmas dinner, and what would you have to eat.?...Here in the UK it's Turkey season...I prefer the Turkey crown stuffed with a spicy sage stuffing, with Brussels & bacon, glazed carrots in honey, roast potatoes in goose fat,etc.etc...But where at Disney would you recommend for a truly Christmas feast.?..:hungry:...

Nightmarefan75

Good Morning Everyone..I can't help it...Mrs Hatter was sitting watching a Christmas film this morning and the tears were running down her cheeks..But what caught my attention was the Christmas dinner on the table..It looked awesome with the huge turkey ( I still can't imagine the size of the Turkey that the famous leg comes from ) Anyway, where would you go in WDW for your Christmas dinner, and what would you have to eat.?...Here in the UK it's Turkey season...I prefer the Turkey crown stuffed with a spicy sage stuffing, with Brussels & bacon, glazed carrots in honey, roast potatoes in goose fat,etc.etc...But where at Disney would you recommend for a truly Christmas feast.?..:hungry:...

Holiday Turkey from EOS

zurgandfriend

Here in the States we have Thanksgiving,where turkey is usually served, about a month before Christmas so I have had my turkey fix and for Christmas I usually make a prime rib. That said if at WDW I would head to Shula's for some French onion soup to start then a 32oz prime rib, I prefer the end cut, with garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and broccoli with hollandaise on the side and maybe apple crisp for dessert.

coachwnh

We are having a late breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Although the BBQ isnt really a fancy sit down, the Holidays there are so much fun!!!!!! We have had dinner there on July Fourth and Thanksgiving, so we are really looking forward to it!

sweetpee_1993

To us, turkey is a Thanksgiving food. Christmas is generally a ham or whatever else meal that's cooked by someone else. I could pick any number of restaurants and just do that. Nothing in particular.

**edit**
I've never heard of any of WDWs restaurants injecting or deep-frying a turkey so I don't think I'd ever intentionally seek out turkey there. I've never been able to go back to the traditional roasted bird. I just can't do it.

HouCuseChickie

Dear Hatter,
I am a self proclaimed turkey hoarder. The birds here will drop to something like $0.23-0.27/lb within the next week and I will stock up our deep freeze with enough birds for us to do a full turkey dinner 6-8x over the course of the year...roasted, fried or smoked. I get the smaller ones for frying and smoking and the big ones are roasters. We definitely do turkey on Thanksgiving and it's usually ham, turkey, and also sometimes a crown rib roast on Christmas.

All this being said, I don't like to mess with traditional turkey outside of the home unless we're at this one turkey farm/restaurant we used to frequent up in NJ...so, I would be more inclined to go for fish, Italian, Chinese, or something involving fried chicken if we were at WDW. Why? Those would be some of the things I'd associate with Christmas Eve feast.

jw24

The holidays are kinda tricky for my family. We don't do it like most Americans. I mean, my father doesn't eat any kind of meat with wings. So no chicken, duck, turkey or pheasant. He will eat any kind of seafood, beef and pork though. We did the traditional Thanksgiving meal once but it didn't go very well. Way too many leftovers and not enough people to enjoy it. Nowadays, my family heads to my aunt's house where we have a mix of the traditional holiday staples and Chinese food for Thanksgiving. (Probably better off anyways.) Other than that, I'm not particularly fond of pasta overall so that complicates matters because everyone eats it and I don't. The reality is, my close family has so many distinctive likes and dislikes to food that it's hard to find a common ground :eek:. We do, however, have lobster and hot pot during the Christmas holidays. Those are probably the biggest ones there.

But if I were in WDW during the holidays, I would definitely want to have one of my meals at Liberty Tree Tavern. Otherwise, I'll try something different. Food I'll never be able to eat in my hometown or in my own home. So African and Indian inspired food at the AKL, German food at Epcot, Irish food at Raglan Road/Cookes of Dublin. You have no idea how hard it is to find these places where I live.

This link is a year old granted but insightful for possible spots to enjoy the holiday meals in the parks: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/21/christmas-meal-options-at-walt-disney-world/

SagamoreBeach

Not a good thread to be reading while on a diet! Anyway, living just a few miles away from Plymouth, MA where the very first Thanksgiving Feast was held, and one who loves tradition, I prefer me own Thanksgiving Feast right here at home surrounded by friends and family. The only time I don't have Thanksgiving at home is when I volunteer at my church's Thanksgiving Community dinner. Christmas at home is always a Crown Roast of Pork. Very easy to make and very impressive. But my most favorite thing about my holiday meals is the dessert buffet!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Christmas at our house is ham and cheesy potatoes on Christmas Eve, and a turkey dinner on Christmas Day (although Christmas day we might try something different this year.) If I was at Disney I would do the Biergarten on Christmas Eve, because I would do the Candlelight Processional afterwards as it would set the mood for Christmas and the Biergarten has awesome food and the polka band playing some christmas tunes would be awseome. On Christmas day I would try to do Liberty Tree for a turkey dinner and if I couldn't get in there I would go to the Earl of Sandwich for a holiday turkey sandwich.

Marijil

Ill be there for xmas and I've been trying to book a traditional type dinner...rose and crown or CDF (ill be at WS)...however...it looks like ill be at Hacienda for Xmas...feliz navidad!

Matt_Black

Last year, my family did Christmas at Rose & Crown; I suggested it, thinking UK pavilion at Christmas time would be swell, my brain flush with images from A Christmas Carol and Doctor Who specials. Granted, it's not traditional fare, but it was great. I had the chicken curry and it was SO good. Tasty, fall off the bone, and spicy. Mmmm. The cheese plate is also wonderful.

mickey2008.1

For me, it's a family style dinner at Ohana's. Never been for Christmas day, but have been for the holiday time. The decorations at the resort, the food, just brings it all together. My other choice would be eating around World Showcase.

Phonedave

Dear Hatter,
I am a self proclaimed turkey hoarder. The birds here will drop to something like $0.23-0.27/lb within the next week and I will stock up our deep freeze with enough birds for us to do a full turkey dinner 6-8x over the course of the year...roasted, fried or smoked. I get the smaller ones for frying and smoking and the big ones are roasters. We definitely do turkey on Thanksgiving and it's usually ham, turkey, and also sometimes a crown rib roast on Christmas.

All this being said, I don't like to mess with traditional turkey outside of the home unless we're at this one turkey farm/restaurant we used to frequent up in NJ...so, I would be more inclined to go for fish, Italian, Chinese, or something involving fried chicken if we were at WDW. Why? Those would be some of the things I'd associate with Christmas Eve feast.

Larrison's Turkey Farm perhaps ?

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom