A Christmas Treat At WDW...

Marijil

Dear Hatter,
I am a self proclaimed turkey hoarder. The birds here will drop to something like $0.23-0.27/lb within the next week and I will stock up our deep freeze with enough birds for us to do a full turkey dinner 6-8x over the course of the year...roasted, fried or smoked. I get the smaller ones for frying and smoking and the big ones are roasters. We definitely do turkey on Thanksgiving and it's usually ham, turkey, and also sometimes a crown rib roast on Christmas.

All this being said, I don't like to mess with traditional turkey outside of the home unless we're at this one turkey farm/restaurant we used to frequent up in NJ...so, I would be more inclined to go for fish, Italian, Chinese, or something involving fried chicken if we were at WDW. Why? Those would be some of the things I'd associate with Christmas Eve feast.
Hinks?

Pixie VaVoom

The holidays are kinda tricky for my family. We don't do it like most Americans. I mean, my father doesn't eat any kind of meat with wings. So no chicken, duck, turkey or pheasant. He will eat any kind of seafood, beef and pork though. We did the traditional Thanksgiving meal once but it didn't go very well. Way too many leftovers and not enough people to enjoy it. Nowadays, my family heads to my aunt's house where we have a mix of the traditional holiday staples and Chinese food for Thanksgiving. (Probably better off anyways.) Other than that, I'm not particularly fond of pasta overall so that complicates matters because everyone eats it and I don't. The reality is, my close family has so many distinctive likes and dislikes to food that it's hard to find a common ground :eek:. We do, however, have lobster and hot pot during the Christmas holidays. Those are probably the biggest ones there.

But if I were in WDW during the holidays, I would definitely want to have one of my meals at Liberty Tree Tavern. Otherwise, I'll try something different. Food I'll never be able to eat in my hometown or in my own home. So African and Indian inspired food at the AKL, German food at Epcot, Irish food at Raglan Road/Cookes of Dublin. You have no idea how hard it is to find these places where I live.

This link is a year old granted but insightful for possible spots to enjoy the holiday meals in the parks: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/21/christmas-meal-options-at-walt-disney-world/

Hey JW24 - - what is a "hot pot" ??? DH and I are just amateur foodies, but we LOVE to try out regional specialties when not in our native Tulsa-Town...where you can get good BBQ, nice steaks, and occasionally a terrific indian-ormediteranean treat.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
As many other posters have stated...

Christmas dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern is one of our family traditions for the past 11 years. They serve a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal everyday, it is the one non-negotiable reservation we make.

jw24

Hey JW24 - - what is a "hot pot" ??? DH and I are just amateur foodies, but we LOVE to try out regional specialties when not in our native Tulsa-Town...where you can get good BBQ, nice steaks, and occasionally a terrific indian-ormediteranean treat.

It's pretty simple. You have a large pot of broth in the center and basically, while the pot is still simmering, you put raw meat, seafood, vegetables or noodles into the hot pot where the food cooks in there and when it's done (You should be able to tell by the color and look of the food.), use chopsticks or spoons to grab it out and put onto your plate and eat it. Some call it "Chinese fondue" but this sort of thing is done by a lot of East Asian cultures so it's not strictly a Chinese thing so to speak. Our family uses an electric hot pot and normally, we put shrimp, thinly sliced beef and pork, some vegetables, some noddles, fish balls and tofu.

Matt_Black

There's nothing quite like walking around WS on Christmas day, sipping a nice margarita or enjoying an Aquavit. Not quite the Christmas spirits people talk about getting filled with, I'll grant you that, but I enjoy it! ;)

Disvillain63

Christmas Dinner varies...one year it could be lasagna; the next could be ham and fixin's; it could also have a German flare with some menu items that have been handed down from my MIL to us.

Our big focus is breakfast...Breakfast Casserole, Cheesy Grits Casserole, Rum French Toast, Bacon, Sausage, Ambrosia, milk, juices, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom