A Captain EO revival to honor M.J.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthGrady

Original Poster
It is my humble opinion the there should be some sort of Captain EO re-screening at EPCOT to honor the memory of Michael Jackson. I think it would be well attended since it features the time in Michael's career that a lot of people want to remember! Personally I prefer to think about how great he was, not how far he fell.

I know how painful it might be for us to lose that "Honey, I shrunk the audience" masterpiece for a few months. But I think it would be fitting, and might spark some new interest in restoring the Imagination pavilllion in the process. Who else would love to see this, or thinks it might be a possibility?

drew81

Yes! I would love to see this happen. I would be there in a heartbeat! Now if Disney would actually do this- that's the question.

WishIwasThere

Personnaly, not a big MJ fan, but I always liked the Captain EO film. I like it better than the HISTO film, so I would have no objections to putting it back in.

AshaNeOmah

I'm apathetic about the Captain EO film. I remember parts of EPCOT in the 80's but have no memories of it. You can pretty much guarantee that the film will not be returning to EPCOT, though. There was too much controversy in the latter years of his life and I do not believe you would see the company open that can of worms.

I do believe there may be a chance of a Blu-Ray release and a special documentary about the making of .

drew81

I'm apathetic about the Captain EO film. I remember parts of EPCOT in the 80's but have no memories of it. You can pretty much guarantee that the film will not be returning to EPCOT, though. There was too much controversy in the latter years of his life and I do not believe you would see the company open that can of worms.

I do believe there may be a chance of a Blu-Ray release and a special documentary about the making of .

I would like to see this as well.

AshaNeOmah

[/b]

I would like to see this as well.

I believe it would sell very well. I know that at the time it was created it was the most expensive film of all time, minute for minute. There are plenty of Star Wars fans who would purchase it just to see more good work from George Lucas. Francis Ford Coppola and a great Michael Jackson performance would just be icing on the cake.

Jasonflz

Disney should release (on DVD) both the 3D film and the non 3D version that is floating around the internet.

DarthGrady

Original Poster

I would also like to see a US release of Moonwalker as well. There is a european version, but it won't play here.

bgraham34

I watched it on youtube last night in honor of MJ. I just dont think Disney would put it back on the 3d screen. I would love to see it. At least they could release a DVD of it.

drew81

I would also like to see a US release of Moonwalker as well. There is a european version, but it won't play here.

Down the road I bet we'll see some type of Tribute compilation DVD/CD released and I would hope Moonwalker would be included.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
As long as it gets rid of the current preshow!
Maybe they could run something on the history of the Imagination Pavilion during the preshow instead? Or use that random big stage in the preshow room to show it?

Does anyone know WHY that stage is even there? Was it EVER used?

EPCOT Explorer

It would be amazing, and something that I would love to see. I wonder, thought, is it realistic? Can Disney still do this? Legally, of course.

Oddysey

Do you think it's appropriate to talk ill of him now?

Just because someone passes away, although tragic, it certainly should not change ones perception or opinion of the man and the legacy he left behind. As long as the opinon is tactful without vulgerity or racial slurs, than there should be no problem with expressing ones opinon.

In other words, if another poster found MJ creepy before death why should he withhold that opinion after death? :shrug: His legacy is all he left behind and he should be remembered as a human who was a great entertainer, achieved monsterious succsess, and had many personal demons that were openly displayed to the public because of his fame. We should remember the entire person, the good and the bad, not just the good because he has sadly passed on.

imho of course.

BTW, I would be excited to see captain EO revived for a short while.

trr1

It is my humble opinion the there should be some sort of Captain EO re-screening at EPCOT to honor the memory of Michael Jackson. I think it would be well attended since it features the time in Michael's career that a lot of people want to remember! Personally I prefer to think about how great he was, not how far he fell.

I know how painful it might be for us to lose that "Honey, I shrunk the audience" masterpiece for a few months. But I think it would be fitting, and might spark some new interest in restoring the Imagination pavilllion in the process. Who else would love to see this, or thinks it might be a possibility?

WOW i said that it would be nice to bring back Captain EO
yesterday on another thread here

lebeau

I understand paying tribute to the guy. He was a legend. But there are many, many reasons why bringing Captain Eo back to the parks is a bad idea.

Watch it on You Tube. That's tribute enough.

EPCOT Explorer

Just because someone passes away, although tragic, it certainly should not change ones perception or opinion of the man and the legacy he left behind. As long as the opinon is tactful without vulgerity or racial slurs, than there should be no problem with expressing ones opinon.

In other words, if another poster found MJ creepy before death why should he withhold that opinion after death? :shrug: His legacy is all he left behind and he should be remembered as a human who was a great entertainer, achieved monsterious succsess, and had many personal demons that were openly displayed to the public because of his fame. We should remember the entire person, the good and the bad, not just the good because he has sadly passed on.

imho of course.

BTW, I would be excited to see captain EO revived for a short while.
It's just out of respect for those in mourning.:shrug::eek:

MrToad1

I think that would be a great idea.
I actually still have shirts that they first sold at WDW when Captain EO just started up. They discontinued them very shortly afterwards. I'd love to see Captain EO in 3D again.

In 1991 my family and I got to sit a couple table from Michael at the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue. It was pretty wild. He was still very very popular at the time. Here is a shot of him during the dinner.

3663152000_ab6a7250ba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom