A big difference I noticed between Disney and Universal

Goofyernmost

I still don't get it. I must be so old and moldy, that my brain is in another world.
You're over thinking it. Simply, it's a random picture where people have usually entered their own dialog to make a point or to just be humorous.

Here's another
th

One more, just for fun
th

TXDisney

We love both universal and disney. Although disney a lot more. For instance my parents own a timeshare and when we go for the week we do 5-6 days disney and 2-3 days universal while there. We do just disney trios as well and we do find ourselves missing some thrill rides on just those trips. But the convenience of being onsite outweighs that. The big difference besides the obvious in size is that Disney is leaps and bounds ahead of them. They have the MDE app. They have fast passes for free. You never feel out of the magic at Disney. No matter what park. Universal is great but it's a day or 2 park. We stayed at lowes royal pacific for 2 nights about 2yrs ago. Staying at that resort it's like a built in fast pass with your room key. We rode every ride there we wanted to in both parks from 11-3. And we still had a whole day and a half left. You're never bored or run out if things to do at disney which I love.

squidward

Original Poster
^^OT, but I'll bite.

How exactly is Disney leaps and bounds ahead of Universal? I'm assuming this is just your opinion and not some hidden fact we're not aware of.

FP for free that you need to book before your vacation. OK, sure. But again, if the playing field is even and we're talking about staying on property at both, Universal is WAAAY ahead of Disney. Express destroys FP and there isn't a sane person alive who would disagree with that.

If Universal is a day or 2 park, what would you consider Hollywood Studios? Or Animal Kingdom? The only park at Disney that requires more than a day is the Magic Kingdom.

As for never getting bored at Disney, sure, if you consider standing in line, waiting for transportation and riding said transportation not being boring. Those are all things that you don't have to do at Universal. Sure, with Express you can hit all the rides in a few hours, or, you can enjoy your favorite rides over again. Man, what I wouldn't give to be able to do that at Disney. Or at Universal, sure, do the rides once, walk back to your resort without waiting for a bus, and hit your pool. Maybe stop for a bite along the way at City Walk, again, without having to take a separate bus. Then simply walk back to the park of your choice that night.

I get the whole "Disney bubble", and I do love it. But after 40 some odd trips, it's started to lose it's appeal. Because being inside that bubble comes at a cost, and that cost is time and money. Both of which are literally wasted by waiting for transportation and getting from one place to another. Disney's greatest strength is it's greatest weakness. That's a major reason why so many people prefer Disneyland.

lazyboy97o

We love both universal and disney. Although disney a lot more. For instance my parents own a timeshare and when we go for the week we do 5-6 days disney and 2-3 days universal while there. We do just disney trios as well and we do find ourselves missing some thrill rides on just those trips. But the convenience of being onsite outweighs that. The big difference besides the obvious in size is that Disney is leaps and bounds ahead of them. They have the MDE app. They have fast passes for free. You never feel out of the magic at Disney. No matter what park. Universal is great but it's a day or 2 park. We stayed at lowes royal pacific for 2 nights about 2yrs ago. Staying at that resort it's like a built in fast pass with your room key. We rode every ride there we wanted to in both parks from 11-3. And we still had a whole day and a half left. You're never bored or run out if things to do at disney which I love.
Walt Disney World has so much to do because so much time is wasted getting places.

Dj Corona

I'm not going to go through six pages, but "Fast and the Furious" vs. "Anything Marvel" and "Everything Star Wars".....I think Disney is going to be OK.. Although, Universal can have the car stunt show anytime from the studios, and I don't think too many people would complain losing that!

squidward

Original Poster
Yeah, Fast & The Furious is popular now; will it remain a beloved franchise 40 years from now?

Will Frozen?

Frozen's been around for 2 years. Fast and Furious has been around for 14 years, with each film in the series (except for part 3 which didn't have Vin Diesel or Paul Walker) making more money than the one prior to it. If you want to compare the two, then F&F seems like much more of a sure thing.

This isn't a Frozen vs. F&F thread. This is a thread about how Universal seems to think long term about it's attractions and space, while Disney, right now anyways, simply looks for the quick kill without giving much thought to the future.

squidward

Original Poster
I'm not going to go through six pages, but "Fast and the Furious" vs. "Anything Marvel" and "Everything Star Wars".....I think Disney is going to be OK.. Although, Universal can have the car stunt show anytime from the studios, and I don't think too many people would complain losing that!

You should have at least read the first post. The thread has nothing to do with Fast and Furious versus anything Disney.

Tony Perkis

Yeah, Fast & The Furious is popular now; will it remain a beloved franchise 40 years from now?
Fast and Furious isn't even a beloved franchise now. It's widely recognized that half the series (1-4) is mostly mediocre-to-awful.

The last few films are very entertaining (especially 5), but very few people rank those films in the upper echelon of cinematic achievements.

Also, the last one had the unfortunate benefit of being Walker's last film. And Universal marketed that fact strongly with the "one last ride" campaign.

Matt_Black

Fast and Furious isn't even a beloved franchise now. It's widely recognized that half the series (1-4) is mostly mediocre-to-awful.

The last few films are very entertaining (especially 5), but very few people rank those films in the upper echelon of cinematic achievements.

Also, the last one had the unfortunate benefit of being Walker's last film. And Universal marketed that fact strongly with the "one last ride" campaign.

And that's a fair point. Similarly, I think The Dark Knight is held in such esteem is because it was Ledger's last film. (It was good, but of the two main superhero films that year, I think Iron Man was better.)

Disneyhead'71

It made a Billion$$$$$ in 16 days and is sitting at #4 in the all time sales category.

And if F&F falls out of favor, Uni would have no problem ripping it out and replacing it with something more popular at that point. See: BTTF, Jaws, Kongfrontation, Ghostbusters, Jimmy Neutron, Earthquake, Twister, and Disaster!

Tony Perkis

It made a Billion$$$$$ in 16 days and is sitting at #4 in the all time sales category.

And if F&F falls out of favor, Uni would have no problem ripping it out and replacing it with something more popular at that point. See: BTTF, Jaws, Kongfrontation, Ghostbusters, Jimmy Neutron, Earthquake, Twister, and Disaster!
It's done great money, and the series is a major oddity in not only getting more popular over time, but also better. I think the series would make a pretty good themed attraction as well (just like Transformers is better as a 5 minute thrill ride vs. 4 mostly bad 2.5 hours long movies).

But talk with people who aren't mostly idiots, and this series is a guilty pleasure for the most part. Absurdity and a complete disregard for logic is are the primary drivers for the films.

Beloved? They're action movies with thinly developed characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom