A Bear of a Journey

Howdy! I recently spent two days (3/18-3/19) at WDW with my wife and daughter. We left late because of commitments at work, and arrived at the All Star Sports Resort at 12:30a.m. We slept soundly that evening and headed out early the next morning to DHS. The following day was spent at the MK, from open to close. The weather was very pleasant, with temperatures reaching a high in the low to mid seventies. Thursday was mostly cloudy, and Friday was sunny all day. The crowds at both parks were pretty intense, but it really wasn't a major hindrance. We do not usually go during Spring break, so the longer lines at the attractions were a little bit of an adjustment. We called in an ADR for each park just a week ahead, and we managed to get a table at both parks! I have included a lot of photos, and I hope that no one minds the length of this report as a result. By the way, we are a bit camera shy on the internet, so you will see several shots of my good buddy rsoxbear. He usually hangs around my office at work with an assortment of Red Sox memorabilia, but I thought the trip might do him some good. Unfortunately, he had a hard time adjusting to the rules of proper behavior. More on that later. Well, here comes my trip report...

We arrived late and checked in to the All Star Sports Resort. There were a lot of sports teams and cheer-leading squads at the hotel, but they did not display any of the misbehavior that is commonly reported on this Forum. There is hope for our youth after all! The room was standard, and below is a picture taken before we soiled it with our presence.

IMG_1596.jpg

This is rsoxbear. He was really jazzed about the room decorations.

IMG_1597.jpg

Here he is checking out the local action. Worst pick up line I heard on this trip: "Hey baby, can I borrow a towel?" Painful!

IMG_1601.jpg

It was late, the window decoration turned him down, and it was time for us to get some sleep. Next stop- DHS!!

IMG_1599.jpg

We arrived at the Studios bright and early. Can you see the excitement on rsoxbear's face. I can!

IMG_1609.jpg

We hurried to get a Fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania, and the line to get a Fastpass was twenty minutes long! After taking care of that little chore, we headed over to The great Movie Ride. You can see below that rsoxbear attempted to commandeer the ride vehicle. The little guy's a freak.

IMG_1614.jpg

Our host for the ride was none other than Joanna, a member of this Forum! I recognized her immediately. How cool was that? We sat up front, and I waited until the ride was through to introduce myself to her. She is a real sweetheart, and she did a great job on the ride. If you know her, tell her to check out this trip report. rsoxbear made his move, but was once again flying solo within minutes.

IMG_1615.jpg

We decided to have "breakfast" at the Starring Rolls Cafe. Can you spot the hidden Mickeys?

IMG_1618.jpg

My daughter loves the street shows at DHS. This is Otto VonBonBon. He started to put a choke-hold on rsoxbear, but the little guy knows how to take care of himself. Needless to say, Otto is now singing tenor.

IMG_1620.jpg

We then headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania to use our Fastpasses. I had to take the controller away from rsoxbear when he started shouting, "die,die" at every panel. Freak.

IMG_1627.jpg

Continued in next post....

H20Babie

"Some people wouldn't know "hip" if they had cellulite" :lol:

LOVED it! Looks like rsoxbear and rsoxguy had a great time together! Thanks for that ... brightened up my day signficantly!

:sohappy:

rsoxguy

Original Poster
"Some people wouldn't know "hip" if they had cellulite" :lol:

LOVED it! Looks like rsoxbear and rsoxguy had a great time together! Thanks for that ... brightened up my day signficantly!

:sohappy:

I'm very glad to hear that!

plaz10

Great TR! Love that cute little bear. Let's go Sox! (I'm from Pittsburgh, but cheering for the Pirates just seems pointless...:shrug:)

HopLow

:sohappy:Hilarious!!!!:sohappy:

I think this is my favorite rsoxbear antic: "We then headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania to use our Fastpasses. I had to take the controller away from rsoxbear when he started shouting, "die,die" at every panel. Freak."

Sounds like that guy had a wild time in the parks! Thanks for the report!:wave:

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Lovesit! As one BoSox fan to another, you did us proud. :D :lol:

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Great TR! Love that cute little bear. Let's go Sox! (I'm from Pittsburgh, but cheering for the Pirates just seems pointless...:shrug:)

I could have said the same about the Sox for years! :)

:sohappy:Hilarious!!!!:sohappy:

I think this is my favorite rsoxbear antic: "We then headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania to use our Fastpasses. I had to take the controller away from rsoxbear when he started shouting, "die,die" at every panel. Freak."

Sounds like that guy had a wild time in the parks! Thanks for the report!:wave:

I don't know where I get the things I say, but I'm sure that there is medication for it. My wife is a gracious woman!

joanna71985

We hurried to get a Fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania, and the line to get a Fastpass was twenty minutes long! After taking care of that little chore, we headed over to The great Movie Ride. You can see below that rsoxbear attempted to commandeer the ride vehicle. The little guy's a freak.

IMG_1614.jpg

Our host for the ride was none other than Joanna, a member of this Forum! I recognized her immediately. How cool was that? We sat up front, and I waited until the ride was through to introduce myself to her. She is a real sweetheart, and she did a great job on the ride. If you know her, tell her to check out this trip report. rsoxbear made his move, but was once again flying solo within minutes.

IMG_1615.jpg

I think he would make a great driver :D

And thank you! It was great getting to meet you too. I'm glad you enjoyed the show :)

Great report!
Looks like rsoxbear had a wonderful time.
So good to see Joanna in your report. We hear she's doing a great job at GMR. Thanks for including her!

Joanna was a real pleasure to meet. She seems like a really nice person, and she did the GMR thing as well as anyone I've ever seen.

GREAT pics! I am glad you did meet Jo, I do hope we get to see her when next we are there! Thanks for your report and I am glad you guys had a great time!

:eek: Thanks everyone

Thanks! I've said it before, but I got the impression from our brief meeting that she couldn't be a nicer person. Of course, now that she knows what I look like, I'm going to have to send rsoxbear after her. :drevil:

I'm not too worried :lookaroun

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Hey! I'm glad to have met you! Thanks for being such a good sport and being a part of my report. I hope to see you in the future. :wave:

margot2791

Loved the report! So fun to see the parks from rsoxbear's eyes. Sounds like you and your family had a great time. Also, loved the wdw deprived pics! :sohappy: Thanks!

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Loved the report! So fun to see the parks from rsoxbear's eyes. Sounds like you and your family had a great time. Also, loved the wdw deprived pics! :sohappy: Thanks!

Great trip report! Looks like the bear (and you too!) had a great time. :)

Thanks. We really did have a great time. I always enjoy reading trip reports, and I'm glad that I was able to provide something fun, while showing off WDW a little.

harveyt0206

Oh my gosh, that was so stinking funny and fun to read. I hope you don't mind if I totally copy and paste all this into my recent trip report and try to pass it off as my own? :ROFLOL: Yours has a much nicer flow.

Fav part: Rsoxbear and his body guard. LOL many times over.

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Oh my gosh, that was so stinking funny and fun to read. I hope you don't mind if I totally copy and paste all this into my recent trip report and try to pass it off as my own? :ROFLOL: Yours has a much nicer flow.

Fav part: Rsoxbear and his body guard. LOL many times over.

Mine was silly, yours was poignant. I guess they each serve their purpose, but I wouldn't change a thing about your report. Still, I'm glad that you enjoyed this report. I had fun writing it! :)

DrummerAlly

Great Trip Report! I'm from Rehoboth, Massachusetts... though currently displaced New Jersey. :(

Loved the dose of Red Sox with my Disney fix! Thank You!

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Great Trip Report! I'm from Rehoboth, Massachusetts... though currently displaced New Jersey. :(

Loved the dose of Red Sox with my Disney fix! Thank You!

Your welcome! I'm originally from Boston, although I've lived the majority of my life in South Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom