A Bazillion Brazilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I never had a problem with them line jumping or anything. I must have missed it then because apparently they do do it. The only thing that annoyed our camp was their chanting and singing. We just all walked up next to them and made our own chant. They just all stared.

TheBeatles

Brazilian tour groups...

I have very found memories of line cutting, chanting, banging on my hotel room door, and pushing me out of their way.

Mad Stitch

Brazillians or not, I don't see the logic in letting a very large group that could take up the whole ride go in front of families.

Would you rather be on the ride with the large group? If a group of Brazilians is large enough to take up the whole ride car I say let them all go. That way there loud antics don’t ruin my experience.

WhatJaneSays

I will say that the brightly colored shirts are a good idea .... it lets me know what area to avoid. :fork:

Basicaly after last year (I was there in the height of the South American tourist season while there was a cheerleading and dance compition going on*) I'm avoiding WDW until the invasion is over.

* By the end of the our first day I had a head/neckache and cracked foot from trying to keep my little neice from getting trampled by a mega group of about 600 rushing into FantasMic. The two CMs that saw me go down and rescued me where the sweetest guys, they even got me a free wheelchair for the rest of the stay.

sleepybear

(I was there in the height of the South American tourist season while there was a cheerleading and dance compition going on*)

That's my own personal vision of hell, my friend. You're lucky you survived with just an injured foot.

The good news is that all of those tour groups will be at Universal once Harry Potter opens, leaving WDW abandoned. At least that's what I read in a few other threads on here. :lookaroun

Disneykidder

We met a great leader on a bus last year but his group was rude. Not all...lets not sterotype...but a lot are rude, loud, smelly and push.:hammer:

We had a few baseball teams at the ASSp in 06' and they were so obnoxious, rude, disrespectful and loud. I also hated how they draped their flag from their balcony. Management made them remove it. They were up all hours playing cards outside their rooms and make me nervous to be around.

When I am in a foreign country I am respectful, try to learn/speak the language and respect their customes.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We met a great leader on a bus last year but his group was rude. Not all...lets not sterotype...but a lot are rude, loud, smelly and push.:hammer:

We had a few baseball teams at the ASSp in 06' and they were so obnoxious, rude, disrespectful and loud. I also hated how they draped their flag from their balcony. Management made them remove it. They were up all hours playing cards outside their rooms and make me nervous to be around.

When I am in a foreign country I am respectful, try to learn/speak the language and respect their customes.

A fairly common occurrence in Europe. :shrug:

dxwwf3

I was at WDW last week and I must say that there were more BTG's (Brazilian Tour Groups) than I had ever seen before. Everywhere you looked you would see a new group of matching shirts. I even walked by SGE at one point and it had a posted 20 minute wait which made me do a double take. And then I noticed that about 3/4 of the visible queue had similar attire :lol:. For the most part the BTG's we saw were better behaved than they have been in the past. Sure the chants were still annoying and bathing was optional as always, but they weren't horrible.

WhatJaneSays

That's my own personal vision of hell, my friend. You're lucky you survived with just an injured foot.

The good news is that all of those tour groups will be at Universal once Harry Potter opens, leaving WDW abandoned. At least that's what I read in a few other threads on here. :lookaroun

Both my niece and I were very lucky! It really was one on the most freighting things that has ever happened to me. I don't blame the group though. I doubt that many people could have stopped without mass falling and injures involved. I do blame the group leader that saw the whole thing and just kept running. On the other hand it did teach little Kelly to never run off at Disney!

But I want to be there when the Potter land opens ... drat!

jedeye18

We were there the week of the 14 - 18 and they were EVERYWHERE!!! While we were waiting for our Fast Pass time to roll around for Sorin, a CM there held all of us AMERICANS back while she let a whole Brazillian tour group go ahead of us :eek:. Everyone was furious :fork:. My husband spoke to the CM (who was of a foreign nationality I might add) but got ignored. He tried the other CM closer to the ride and she was mortified. She held the whole Brazillian group back while us AMERICANS with our Fast Passes road on the next ride :D........I liked her! :sohappy:

Wow, i'm no tree hugger or anything like that, but the tone of that was a bit, uhm, bigoted?:shrug:

Disneykidder

Word to anyone going this weekend...dance competitions. They will also be parading down Main Street. My friend is going to see her niece.

Expo_Seeker40

It's that ALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALALALALALA *giggle giggle* *high pitch scream* *line cutting* *bright color* LALALALALALing time of year folks!

:lookaroun

JNL0508

Last year 2007 July 4th weekend my husband and I were sitting waiting for Fantasmic to start when "the others" started to chant something about Brazil. Everyone finally got tired of hearing them and we all starting chanting USA, USA . . .

That was the best moment ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom