Trip Report Someone Give That Hurricane Its Red Stapler Back!

I know I have an unfinished report but I figured I would attempt to finish this one while things are still fresh in my memory.

Who: Me and my friend A
When: October 4-11
Where: Silver Lake Resort (timeshare off of 192)
Why: I don't think that needs an answer

office space workplace GIF by Tech Noir

If you didn't get it, the inspiration for the title of this TR is based on one of my favorite movies, Office Space, where Milton (see above) is very possessive of his red stapler and some unfortunate things happen when it is taken away. We would be forced to deal with the wrath of Hurricane Milton during our trip.

BwlrBry212

Original Poster
OCTOBER 4TH

Our flight from PHL was a little later than our usual crack of dawn flight and didn't leave until around 10am. The flight was uneventful. I dozed for a little, watched Agatha All Along, listened to some music, and read some of my book and we were there in no time.

By some sort of miracle, my bag was literally the first one on the baggage carousel and A's bag was not far behind. We grabbed our rental car and we were on our way. Since we did not make park reservations for today, we would have to wait until after 2pm to go to the parks. I still think it is dumb that APs need to make park reservations. Anyway, we headed to the timeshare to drop off our luggage and relaxed for a little bit before heading over to Epcot.

At 2:45, this was welcoming us...

IMG_3061.JPEG

The entrance area was relatively empty which was a welcome sight. We stopped in the camera shop so A could exchange his Fuel Rod for the new version with the new plug for newer iPhones. For some reason, this machine wouldn't work so we left empty handed.

Spaceship Earth was down when we came in so we skipped that and headed towards The Land. However, it had been a while since breakfast so a pit stop was needed. We checked out the Festival Favorites booth and grabbed a snack.

IMG_3062.JPEG

BBQ Pork Rinds served with pimento cheese and Irish Milk Shake: Guiness Stout, Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur, and Vanilla Ice Cream

They are at the Festival Favorites booth for a reason! Also, the pork rinds counts as one of the cheese dishes in the passport for Emile's Fromage Montage.

I did think it was funny that the shake is still served in the Ireland cup even though the Ireland booth didn't make the cut this year.

After our snack, we made our way over to the Land and hopped on a boat tour of the greenhouse. Soarin' had a fairly low wait time posted but the line was backed up almost all the way to the entrance so we knew that was a lie.

We did hit up the Fuel Rod station outside of Garden Grill and had no problems. Having charged back up batteries was a priority with Milton on his way.

We took a trip through imagination after that and then made our way to our first of many laps around WS.

It was warm and humid so we sucked up the AC in Canada Far and Wide and made our way into many of the shops to cool off for a bit. I grabbed a beer from the cart in UK and we continued our stroll. None of the booths caught our eye until the Flavors of America booth. A got the Carolina Style Hot Dog but none of the dogs really called to me so I opted for dessert instead.

IMG_3063.JPEG

Freshly-baked Chocolate Pudding Cake with bourbon caramel

I had higher hopes for this but it was just ok. The cake was moist and rich but the caramel left something to be desired.

We caught the first few notes of Aloe Blacc performing at the Eat to the Beat concert as we moved on. We stopped again in China to cool off in another Circlevision movie. I guess the plans to update this movie were quietly scrapped like the poor Mary Poppins ride.

We were lucky enough to catch a Fiesta Hoy! in Mexico.

We started up another lap around WS to kill time until our ADR. We made it as far as the UK where we caught the full set from the band back there and by then it was time to backtrack to Canada for our first time at Le Cellier.

IMG_3064.JPEG

I have to say that it did not disappoint. I had the NY Strip with Truffle Butter sauce and Macaroni and Cheese. This was hands down the best steak that I have ever had. It was cooked just to my liking, had great char and seasoning, and melted in my mouth. I don't think this will be the last time we eat there.

By the time we were done eating, Luminous was starting so we opted to beat the rush and head back to the timeshare after a long day of travel and touring the world.

IMG_3065.JPEG

She is so pretty at night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom