Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Disney Analyst

This is a thread truly off the rails.

It's a high end skip the line platform that Universal also uses down the street. It's price accordingly, that makes it hard for the typical guest to get-it. It's priced high enough that it's not going to murk up the Lighting Lines IMO.

I see it only pulling from the existing pool of people who would purchase LL, or VIP. But it’s definitely not adding to the LL population.

mattpeto

It is NOT what Universal uses down the street, even if they price it the same or higher. An eye of round and Filet are not the same thing because they are both steaks.

Express Pass: Universal Studios Florida

Add a Universal Express Pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions once per ride.

Please clarify how it's different, besides the price.

LSLS

Express Pass: Universal Studios Florida

Add a Universal Express Pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions once per ride.

Please clarify how it's different, besides the price.
Sorry, I was comparing to Unlimited since I thought we were comparing the high end versions (and that is the closest to the Disney cost).

JAB

I think the real risk for LL delays will be from Premier Pass guests holding up the LL tapstiles arguing with the cast member because they think they bought the "unlimited" LL pass. 😏

Mark Dunne

Man this is crazy! I mean what on earth are these fools thinking ! Mr Igor is jafar as the snake in Aladdin. “I’ll show you how snake like I can be “ 😂, and Cheapek was hung strung a quartered . These 3 amigos will be remembered for all the wrong reason . Leaving value and midrange out is ty ! Sorry but it is .

Rroe

So what was wrong with the good ole Fastpass of years gone by?? Oh, I know.....Disney was looking for a way to make hundreds of thousands of dollars more by catering to the Rich guests......screw the rest of us once again.

JMcMahonEsq

Nah. Universal gives this as a perk to their "deluxe" guests...today's Disney can't be bothered by even the pretense of giving something for nothing.
What business gives something for nothing? I mean do you walk into the grocery store and they just decide to give you a couple steaks for free?

Business make money, they sell things or services. Even when there are sales or other deals, its not giving something for nothing, its being done to drive sales in other areas as loss leaders, or its meant to support other business options. Its never just giving things away for no reason.

Brer Oswald

Sorry, I was comparing to Unlimited since I thought we were comparing the high end versions (and that is the closest to the Disney cost).
Interesting that the highest price the unlimited Express Pass cab go ($320) is a whopping $130 cheaper than the highest price this limited LL Premier pass can go ($450).

JMcMahonEsq

Price is insane and all this will do is slow the standby line even further. I’m shocked that they went through with it, but I know people will buy it.
Wait which one is it? Is it that price is insane so no one will buy it, or that so many people are going to buy and use it that it will slow down the standby line, meaning the price isn't insane?

MickeyLuv'r

It’s possible I just lean more pessimistic than some here, but I don’t think it’s an accident this is being rolled out after they’ve have a bit of time to gather some data on how many LLMP people are using above the 3 initial and what the masses will be satisfied with.

I’ll eat my hat if the masses remain unimpacted in the long run.
Also no accident they rolled this out after curtailing DAS.

People surmised that they curtailed DAS to improve the LL's. Ha!

JMcMahonEsq

Attraction capacity is finite. There is nowhere for this to come from but the pool we all utilize.

The question is how many people will they sell this to once it’s fully established and whether or not they can strike a balance that makes everyone satisfied. I don’t think we can confidently declare this doesn’t impact you if you aren’t buying it.
Wait you think that someone who is willing to spend the money for this wasn't already going to be buying whatever other version of LL/Genie/FP is also available? Its not like you are completely adding new groups of customers to the lines. Your basically taken a vary small subset of guests who were already going to be using line skip options, and now they are using a slightly different one.

Casper Gutman

Universal AT THE MOMENT has enough capacity to handle its crowds, so express doesn’t affect the overall guest experience. Disney does not have adequate capacity and refuses to even attempt to address that fact.

LSLS

What business gives something for nothing? I mean do you walk into the grocery store and they just decide to give you a couple steaks for free?

Business make money, they sell things or services. Even when there are sales or other deals, its not giving something for nothing, its being done to drive sales in other areas as loss leaders, or its meant to support other business options. Its never just giving things away for no reason.
So, it would be done to drive sales at deluxe resorts which Disney has had a TON of trouble selling recent years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom